Start by marking “Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)

Wedding the Highlander (Pine Creek Highlanders #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  2,546 ratings  ·  77 reviews
"A runaway beauty finds love in the brawny arms of a handsome stranger..."Talented surgeon Libby Hart is fleeing to Pine Creek, Maine, when her car spins out of control and crashes into a pond. She is rescued by Michael MacBain, a medieval highlander trapped in the modern world by a wizard's spell. Wounded in love once before by a modern woman, Michael wants nothing to do ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published November 29th 2005 by Pocket Books (first published September 24th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding the Highlander

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
148th out of 417 books — 1,369 voters
Never Love a Highlander by Maya BanksHighlander Most Wanted by Maya BanksHighland Shifters by Michelle FoxIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksIf You Deceive by Kresley Cole
Men In Kilts
31st out of 127 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

BJ Rose
This is the best of the series so far. The first two were enjoyable but average reads, but this one had those extra "somethings" that make a book above-average for me. The first 'something' is Robbie - 8 years old and totally in charge, in a very disarming way. Another 'something' is Libby's gift, which has frightened her and caused her to flee from her life as a trauma surgeon in California and move to Maine. There she decides to open a glass-crafting shop (a secret hobby of hers for years) and ...more
Quinn

You have to be prepared to suspend belief and leave reality at the door with this series, and make a decision to just enjoy it – it’s surprisingly easy to do.

Despite a plethora of opportunities, eye-rolling is not allowed. Sure, there are destinies to be fulfilled, an owl that may or may not be a reincarnation, a modern-day magical healer, a 1400-year-old druidh, and highland warriors and warhorses transported 800 years forward in time. Oh, and of course, insta-lust to love in record time. Just
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the third book in the Highlander series by Janet Chapman, involving some 13th century Highlanders that travel through time to the modern world. I probably would not have liked this at all if I had not read the previous 2. The first book explained a lot regarding Michael and his son and I was actually looking forward to seeing Michael get his HEA.
Lori McD
A bit tame for the series, but a very enjoyable read.

Libby (Elizabeth) Hart is a surgeon looking for a place to get away.... Her grandmother told her that she had a gift, but Libby never quite knew what that gift was until the day of a horrible train accident. In the trauma ward, the husband of a critically wounded older lady asked Libby to pray with him over his wife before her surgery. When Libby did, she felt herself surrounded by light and colors, and she felt herself enter the woman's body
Barbara M.
4 Stars...

This very simple, yet very intriguing love story will have you busy like crazy turning the pages. This is my very first Chapman book, and I debated on not starting the series until I had the previous two, but I'm so glad I did...I just loved both characters from the beginning.

What is it about those big, scary, scruffy and hotter than the pits of Hades Highlanders that makes your blood boil?! For me maybe it's the untamed, rough and possessive side to them. Or maybe it's the way they ta
Mareli
I already knew that I'd loved this story becaus of Michael, my fav Scot so far and his wonderful child Robbie.

Hqving decided to have a new wife for her father, Robbie puts an ad for renting his mother's old house and a very confused trauma doctor Libby comes to live in the house.

Both Michael and Libby are strongly gifted with powers so they are destined to fall in love since the beginning.

5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
mismamari
The story lacked any kind of true antagonist, and although the main character had some interesting personal strife, that part of the story took a back seat to the constant cooking and decorating. The heroine is a skilled surgeon and discovers she is not as normal as she thought, and seeing her deal with the loss of control was interesting, but I wish that aspect of her character was expanded a little more. Instead, she spent her time shopping, decorting, et cetera. The story stagnated because of ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Libby runs away from California after she heals 2 patients. She rents a house from a boy Robbie MacBain. His dad is a hottie Highlander who was thrown ahead through time 800 years. Both women in his life that he loved died running to him. He is afraid to fall in love again.

There is not much suspense to this book at all. Just a bunch of "geez! hurry up and spit it out!" moments. It's a light read with a cute story.

My only complaint is the picture on the back cover of a supposedly very good look
Memorable Reading
After mentioning that I enjoyed the Outlander series, an acquaintance lent me this book and another from the Highlander series. I'm glad I read the two of them because it made me realize how formulaic these books are. I got the impression though, that it had more to do with the type of book it was and not necessarily the author's lack of imagination (I'm sure there are certain guidelines you have to follow as an author - meet pretty in chapter 3, conflict resolution in chapter 17, etc, etc).

If y
Lover of Romance
Libby Heart, a surgeon in California, discovers that there is something going on with her, she is able to heal others with a touch of her hands, so she goes to the other side of the country to get some clarity, and ends up crashing into a pond, and is rescued by a breathtaking highlander, who sets her teeth on edge. Michael is trapped with the 'moderns' in a century he doesn't understand after being brought here by a wizard, whom messed up his spell bringing other highlanders with him. After lov ...more
Lady of the Lake
Leave reality as you know it at the door when you decide to enter these books! There is SO MUCH going on from the time traveling warriors to mothers who's spirits are in great snowy owls that come back and make sure all is well with sons and ex lovers...magical, healing physicians.... magical staphs...1400 yr old Driuds.. The list goes on and on... But even with ALL this it's a sweet story.
The only thing I had trouble with, even with all the crazy magical goings on... is that on one page the ma
Monica **can't read fast enough**
This is a well written romance with a twist. Instead of the female character getting slung back in time to the highlands of Scotland the warrior is transported from a Scottish battlefield to modern day Maine This warrior becomes a successful Christmas tree farmer of all things, but it works. There's a touch of magic in this sweet book and those of us who cut our teeth on romance writers like Kathleen Woodwiss and Julie Garwood will definitely appreciate and enjoy this one. The story revolves aro ...more
Kathrynn
Book #3 and the series should be read in order (of course). I enjoyed most in this series. This was a good one. There isn't an actual time-travel event in this book. That only happens in book #1 when the highlanders are transported to present day; then once again in a later book, when someone goes back--temporarily--for a reason.

The rest in the series pertain (mostly) to the children of Grace and Greyland (book #1), with a dash of magic/wizardry. No graphic sex, that I can remember. There is a d
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Don't get me wrong. I love this series and these highlanders sure make my heart flutter but this story between Libby & Michael was a bit typical of the first 2 books in the series.

I did like Libby & Michael together they made for some steamy scenes but it is making me wonder of the rest of the books in the series will be about the same thing... a new Highlander and how he traveled through time and he meets the love of his life all while having steamy sex in between the pages?... hmmmm I
Viola
A delightful book to read! A travel in time from the first century for Michael and his son to the present century! He meets Libby and falls in love and wants to remain at the present time.
Topcatsmom
Really enjoyed this book.............and the series!!
Lynne Tull
I am addicted to this series. I love time-travel and romance novels. When they are combined, I really love it. I am working through each of the time travelers until they find their soul mate and their reason for being thrown in a time period 800 years in the future. It makes for a great story and Ms. Chapman does not let you down. She keeps the story moving and doesn't dwell too much on the past stories. She subtlety brings you up to date. You'll never feel a thing. Recommend it to you!
Crystal
I docked this thing a whole star due to one too many short jokes. It's hard to evaluate a book when you're feeling insulted and well, just plain pissed off. 5' is petite. I get that, but it's only 4" shorter than average. An orange crate to climb into a Suburban? Really? Bite me Ms. Chapman. I can climb into the durned truck bed without aid of a box.

Oh. beyond that, our h declares herself a freak while explaining herself to a time-traveling Scott with 12 toes. Uh...
Arch
I have finally finished this book a few minutes ago. I have found this book to be funny. I don't read time travel book, which this book doesn't have time traveling. The hero and others are stated to have time traveled. I don't read paranormal books as well. This book has a little paranormal theme in it as well.

I don't want to spoil anyone that wants to read this book, but I do want to say that this is not a steamy book, although the hero and heroine do make love alot.
Michele bookloverforever
A doctor discovers she is a natural healer of the laying on of hands variety as well as her learned skills as a surgeon. She is shocked and runs to the east coast to escape the "miracle cures" of 2 of her patients. She finds understanding and love when she gets to rural Maine. Great characters, a good love story and a happy ending. She finds out that magic does exist and she is not alone and her gift is indeed a gift and not a curse.
Atunah
This is a really nice time travel series. Its been a while since I had read the first 2 in the series, but as soon as I started reading, things came back to me.

This series, at least so far, as a homey feeling to it. Small town living in the mountains. Just with the added large hunky scotsman from 800 years ago :).

Likable characters with a lot of heart. Some chickens, kittens and a ornery old druid. :)
Elaine Mcdonald
I was looking forward to Michael's HEA. Michael had landed 800 years into the future with the MacKeage clan he had been fighting. Michael was the loner/outsider. All of his relatives that had been transported with him had died trying to get back home. I was happy to see Michael have his HEA and become friends with the MacKeage clan.

This book had several laugh out loud moments. I loved it!
Tasha
I loved this one how Libby runs away from being a Surgeon/Doctor because of something she cant possibly explain to herself or to anyone else but then she goes to the place where a few men have come from a different time and there is magic surrounding them (something else she cant possibly explain). from running from one to the other she learns that she can be herself and be loved for it
Lin
Sep 24, 2014 Lin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: calibre
for a man whose two previous loves died, Michael does not act like it. his words that he can never love again do not match his action nor his words. that incongruity cost this book 1.5 stars. the other half star lost was for the so-so love scenes.

I love the series though so I was glad to see my beloved characters again. like Grace and father daar
Philisha Stephens
When I first became addicted to reading, Janet Chapman's Highlander series was what hooked me. This was before I had an ereader and I had found her series in a used bookstore and thought why not.

Her Highlander series are very good. I like her writing style and they all have a happy ending with a lot of excitement in between. Enjoy!
SJuhl4
It seems that all of her Highlander series are great. Very well developed protagonists. Libby and Michael made for a great couple. Robbie really added another dimension to the story along with his pet Mary. Adding in her mother rediscovering herself was also a great addition to the story. I really enjoyed this and will definitely read it again.
Lisa
The third book in Chapman's Highlander Series focuses on Michael McBain and his son Robbie. As they try to put their lives together after two devastating losses, they will be mended by a healer named Libby who is running from her true calling. I loved this story, especially young Robbie McBain; his character is so endearing and sweet.
Julie
I highly recommend this book. It has the appeal of a Scottish highlander romance, with the modern conveniences of a contemporary. A win win combination with an exciting (albeit, predictably ansty) ending. A real keeper!

Gmc
DR.Elizabeth (Libby) Hart trauma surgeon heals a woman and then a small boy without using a scalpel. This scares her so bad she leaves her life and goes to Pine Creek Maine. She is almost to the place she has rented when she has an accident and ends up in a pond, and is rescued by Michael MacBain.
Kitty
I'm not quite sure why, but I enjoyed this one much better than the first two. (I received all three as gifts.) Yeah, it was sappy, but Dr. Libby Hart from So Cal, the mysterious Michael MacBain and his "old beyond his years" son Robbie, just really touched me. The kittens helped, too.
  • A Highlander of Her Own (Daughters of the Glen, #4)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • A Garden In The Rain (MacLeod, #8)
  • Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)
  • The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3)
  • Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • Highland Knight

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5) Moonlight Warrior (Midnight Bay, #1)