Start by marking “Up from the Vault: Rare Thrillers of the 1920s and 1930s” as Want to Read:
Up from the Vault: Rare Thrillers of the 1920s and 1930s

Up from the Vault: Rare Thrillers of the 1920s and 1930s

A number of thrillers made in the 1920s and 1930s have become available again thanks to new technology. There are a few, however, that remain elusive to most, if not all, movie buffs. This book covers twenty thrillers from those decades that are well-regarded and eagerly sought, but difficult to find - The Mystery of Dr. Fu Manchu (1923), The Unknown Purple (1923), The ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by McFarland & Company

To ask other readers questions about Up from the Vault, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up from the Vault

Steve Joyce
Oct 21, 2013 Steve Joyce rated it it was amazing
I consult this regularly. If memory serves, this book started my friendship and associateship with John. (I think that he acknowledged me briefly for something or the other that I sent him in the mail.) It was a great thrill at the time since I had never seen my name in print before. But...please don't think me prejudiced in my rating; it's a very worthwhile book with the scoop on a bunch of rare and interesting genre films.

Richard
Feb 03, 2015 Richard rated it liked it
An interesting discussion of a flock of movies you will most likely never see ... some of them you definitely won't. For each film, the plot is detailed, the history of the production is described and the critical reaction in it's era is discussed. There's a lot of fascinating history, even though you may never see the film itself.
John  Ervin
John Ervin rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2009
Richard Sala
Richard Sala rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
May 06, 2010
Bill C
Bill C added it
Nov 20, 2012
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Joseph S
Joseph S marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Damian
Damian marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Milantropio
Milantropio marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016