Start by marking “Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World” as Want to Read:
Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World

Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Insightful and inspiring, Closing the Leadership Gap is a call to action for the increased presence of women in powerful leadership positions in our country. A leading women’s advocate and cofounder of the White House Project, Marie C. Wilson argues that while our nation sits on a world spinning with crises from terrorism and weapons of mass destruction to a fragile econom ...more
Published March 8th 2004 by Viking Adult

To ask other readers questions about Closing the Leadership Gap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closing the Leadership Gap

Erin Beam
Apr 29, 2007 Erin Beam rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: working women
This is the foundation for working women's confidence - its easy style will confirm what you've always known about women's innate leadership strengths. For those new to the feminist movement or wanting a good refresher, it will inspire you anew to root for women in positions of leadership, to criticize their feminine characteristics less harshly, and to open your eyes to the revolution women in top ranks compel.
I just read this for school. I get it, more women need to be in power. But what everyone seems to be foregoing here is that women leaders can be just as evil and imperialist as men, sometimes more so if they've got something to prove (e.g., Thatcher). I have a feeling it's going to be a long semester.
Kathryn Mckendry
I felt this could have given more tips on what we can do. I felt too often she repeated how women are taken for granted as being just wives; but it was inspirational to hear what some of the women accomplished.
A few good points, but mostly anecdotal observations it seemed. But it raised my awareness to traits and behaviors and how they can be viewed.
AWESOME! Not at all a feminist rant, but an inspired, frank look at females in leadership.
Very good and inspiring.
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Lori Bain
Lori Bain marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Daria marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Wowo Leadership
Wowo Leadership marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Fiona marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Marie Alming
Marie Alming marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Tara Santmire
Tara Santmire marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Miya Smith
Miya Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Alexandra Philbrick
Alexandra Philbrick marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Tina added it
Jul 27, 2013
Austine Bones
Austine Bones marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013