Start by marking “Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World” as Want to Read:
Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World

Closing the Leadership Gap: Why Women Can and Must Help Run the World

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Insightful and inspiring, Closing the Leadership Gap is a call to action for the increased presence of women in powerful leadership positions in our country. A leading women’s advocate and cofounder of the White House Project, Marie C. Wilson argues that while our nation sits on a world spinning with crises from terrorism and weapons of mass destruction to a fragile econom ...more
Published March 8th 2004 by Viking Adult

To ask other readers questions about Closing the Leadership Gap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closing the Leadership Gap

Erin Beam
Apr 29, 2007 Erin Beam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: working women
This is the foundation for working women's confidence - its easy style will confirm what you've always known about women's innate leadership strengths. For those new to the feminist movement or wanting a good refresher, it will inspire you anew to root for women in positions of leadership, to criticize their feminine characteristics less harshly, and to open your eyes to the revolution women in top ranks compel.
Becky
Jan 04, 2008 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just read this for school. I get it, more women need to be in power. But what everyone seems to be foregoing here is that women leaders can be just as evil and imperialist as men, sometimes more so if they've got something to prove (e.g., Thatcher). I have a feeling it's going to be a long semester.
Kathryn Mckendry
Apr 12, 2010 Kathryn Mckendry rated it liked it
I felt this could have given more tips on what we can do. I felt too often she repeated how women are taken for granted as being just wives; but it was inspirational to hear what some of the women accomplished.
Christine
Aug 21, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
A few good points, but mostly anecdotal observations it seemed. But it raised my awareness to traits and behaviors and how they can be viewed.
Tonia
AWESOME! Not at all a feminist rant, but an inspired, frank look at females in leadership.
Colleen
Very good and inspiring.
Abbie Condie
Abbie Condie rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Wright Women
Wright Women marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Joanna Reyes
Joanna Reyes marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
AML
AML marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Janell Straus
Janell Straus marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Taylor Yetter
Taylor Yetter marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Kara Sniegowski
Kara Sniegowski marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Daina
Daina added it
Jan 23, 2016
Erika Quinones
Erika Quinones marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Aimee Van Cleave
Aimee Van Cleave rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Lori Bain
Lori Bain marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2015
E.J. Caulder
E.J. Caulder rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Wowo Leadership
Wowo Leadership marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014