Start by marking “Quantum Leap: The Novel” as Want to Read:
Quantum Leap: The Novel

Quantum Leap: The Novel (Quantum Leap #2)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Trapped in the body of a 1950s carnival worker, Sam Beckett learns the true meaning of thrills and chills. According to Al, Sam's holographic contact with the future, a roller coaster will derail in four days.

The accident will result in seven deaths . . .

And Sam's chance of stopping it are one in a million.
Published November 1st 1992 by Penguin Putnam

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Leap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Leap

rivka
When I read this, I had not yet seen any of the episodes, although I had heard a lot about the show. It was good enough (although slightly confusing for someone who had not seen a single episode) to get me to Netflix the show. Now that I'm on the very last disc (sob!), I remembered this book, and have started looking at the other tie-in books.
Susan
Sam becomes a physically challenged,psychic carney in the late 50's. A roller coaster is going to have an accident killing 7 people in 4 days; Ziggy is breaking down and Al is having problems with Tina the scientist that may be able to fix it. A set up for a great Leap story! I really did enjoy it. For the most part it stayed true to our beloved characters and the premise of the series.The only issues I had were with the depiction of who or what might be behind Sam's leaping and the author's sta ...more
Kathryn
Not bad for a tie-in novel, though the story about an amusement park ride about to collapse wasn't all that inspired.
Tobias
One of the best TV series of the early 1990's! How cool would it be to travel in time and help people get a second chance in life. Although "leaping" onto other people's bodies must have some kind of psychological side-effects after a while, wouldn't you think?
Jenny
A book based on the TV series...In this story, Sam leaps into the an Oklahoma carnie's life during the summer of 1957. I enjoyed the descriptions of "present day" life in the Quantum Leap project in New Mexico which were a bit neglected in the TV show.
Arlene Allen
Loved this tv show. True story, during the series finale I cried so hard my husband at the time thought he was going to have to call 911. I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant, and if I'd had a boy, he would have been named Sam.
Kim
It was a decent fan fiction type book, but not one I would want to reread. The characters were a bit off from the show, but not horribly so. It was fun to revisit one of my favorite t.v. shows. :)
Queen
Aug 20, 2012 Queen marked it as to-read
Shelves: tangible-library
I loved this show when I was young. There's a signature date that I read the book, but I cannot remember even one aspect of the plot. So... I guess it wasn't mind-blowing.
Hannah
I attempted to read this in high school, and frankly, I could not get past the first chapter. The poor language was unbearable. Perhaps a good read for elementary students.
Primadonna
Brings me back to the good ol' days.

One of my favorite shows.

Some details and backgrounds are nice touches, makes me want to delve my memory about this show.
Deranged Pegasus
A wonderful read full of twists and true insight into the lives of the past.
Haystack
Haystack marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Spencer
Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Ralph
Ralph marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Theresa Walton
Theresa Walton marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Doctor Who: The Eight Doctors
  • Starworld (To the Stars, #3)
  • Summertide (Heritage Universe, #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Time Travellers
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Borrowed Time
  • Doctor Who: Vampire Science
  • Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever
  • Back to the Future, Part 2
  • Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps (Babylon 5: Saga of Psi Corps, #1)
  • The Dimension Riders
  • Ruins (The X-Files)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Worf's First Adventure
  • Tip of the Tongue (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #5)
  • The Halcyon Drift (Hooded Swan, #1)
  • Deceit

Quantum Leap (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Quantum Leap: The Ghost And The Gumshoe
  • Search And Rescue
  • Quantum Leap: Random Measures
  • Pulitzer
  • Double or Nothing: Quantum Leap
These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1) Stargate SG-1 (Stargate SG-1, #1) The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2) Quantum Leap: Prelude Quantum Leap: The Wall