Start by marking “Quantum Leap: The Novel” as Want to Read:
Quantum Leap: The Novel

Quantum Leap: The Novel (Quantum Leap #2)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Trapped in the body of a 1950s carnival worker, Sam Beckett learns the true meaning of thrills and chills. According to Al, Sam's holographic contact with the future, a roller coaster will derail in four days.

The accident will result in seven deaths . . .

And Sam's chance of stopping it are one in a million.
Published November 1st 1992 by Penguin Putnam

To ask other readers questions about Quantum Leap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quantum Leap

rivka
When I read this, I had not yet seen any of the episodes, although I had heard a lot about the show. It was good enough (although slightly confusing for someone who had not seen a single episode) to get me to Netflix the show. Now that I'm on the very last disc (sob!), I remembered this book, and have started looking at the other tie-in books.
Susan
Sam becomes a physically challenged,psychic carney in the late 50's. A roller coaster is going to have an accident killing 7 people in 4 days; Ziggy is breaking down and Al is having problems with Tina the scientist that may be able to fix it. A set up for a great Leap story! I really did enjoy it. For the most part it stayed true to our beloved characters and the premise of the series.The only issues I had were with the depiction of who or what might be behind Sam's leaping and the author's sta ...more
Kathryn
Not bad for a tie-in novel, though the story about an amusement park ride about to collapse wasn't all that inspired.
Tobias
One of the best TV series of the early 1990's! How cool would it be to travel in time and help people get a second chance in life. Although "leaping" onto other people's bodies must have some kind of psychological side-effects after a while, wouldn't you think?
Jenny
A book based on the TV series...In this story, Sam leaps into the an Oklahoma carnie's life during the summer of 1957. I enjoyed the descriptions of "present day" life in the Quantum Leap project in New Mexico which were a bit neglected in the TV show.
Edward Davies
Technically this was the first proper Quantum Leap novel, and scarily got ripped off a number of years later in the plot to Final Destination 3! Pretty good stuff, considering that so many books based on TV shows at this time were just horrible.
Arlene Allen
Loved this tv show. True story, during the series finale I cried so hard my husband at the time thought he was going to have to call 911. I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant, and if I'd had a boy, he would have been named Sam.
Kim
It was a decent fan fiction type book, but not one I would want to reread. The characters were a bit off from the show, but not horribly so. It was fun to revisit one of my favorite t.v. shows. :)
Queen
Aug 20, 2012 Queen marked it as to-read
Shelves: tangible-library
I loved this show when I was young. There's a signature date that I read the book, but I cannot remember even one aspect of the plot. So... I guess it wasn't mind-blowing.
Hannah
I attempted to read this in high school, and frankly, I could not get past the first chapter. The poor language was unbearable. Perhaps a good read for elementary students.
Primadonna
Brings me back to the good ol' days.

One of my favorite shows.

Some details and backgrounds are nice touches, makes me want to delve my memory about this show.
Deranged Pegasus
A wonderful read full of twists and true insight into the lives of the past.
Mat Hiner
Mat Hiner marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
K Lister
K Lister marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Aaron
Aaron added it
Mar 19, 2015
Keelan
Keelan added it
Mar 11, 2015
Haystack
Haystack marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • Doctor Who: The Eleventh Tiger
  • Doctor Who: The Eight Doctors
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Time Travellers
  • Summertide (Heritage Universe, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps (Babylon 5: Saga of Psi Corps, #1)
  • Collision Course (Star Trek: Academy, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Vampire Science
  • Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever
  • One Step from Earth
  • Set Piece
  • Something Borrowed (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #6)
  • The Halcyon Drift (Hooded Swan, #1)
  • Violet's Present
  • The Identity Matrix
  • City of Darkness
  • Something in the Water (Torchwood, #4)

Quantum Leap (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Quantum Leap: The Ghost And The Gumshoe
  • Search And Rescue
  • Quantum Leap: Random Measures
  • Pulitzer
  • Double or Nothing: Quantum Leap
These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1) Stargate SG-1 (Stargate SG-1, #1) The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2) Quantum Leap: Prelude Quantum Leap: The Wall