Free Drinks for Ladies with Nuts

Free Drinks for Ladies with Nuts

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This hilarious book takes the reader on a grand tour of mangled English, Freudian slips, and other malapropisms in a compendium of authentic signs, phrases, headlines, labels, menus, and ads from around the world and here at home."The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid".

(at a Serbian hotel)

"Fur coats made for ladies from their own skins".

(a...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Plume (first published January 31st 2000)

Katie
I bought this book just before running to catch my plane a few years ago with my brother. It was a short trip from California to Oregon. I have never been so buried in a book! I completely forgot where I was or that my uncontrollable snorting laughter would disturb others around me who must have considered locking me in the bathroom at some point in the flight.
If you find Manglish funny, you will love this book...just maybe don't read it in public? :)
Heather
This is a collection of short little mistranslations. While they are slightly amusing, they didn't feel laugh out loud to me. I made it to page 32 and decided to throw in the towel.
Lisa
'storaberry crap'
'beef rashers beaten up in the country people's fashion'
'if he still does not heave of foot, tootle him melodiously'

this book is fucking hilarious.
Krissy Obermark
Too bad they used the best one for the title. The menu items were pretty hilarious, too, however.
Pavlina Iossifova
Pavlina Iossifova marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Krysta Noëlle
Krysta Noëlle marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2011
Heather Miller
Heather Miller marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2011
Jodi
Jodi added it
Mar 06, 2011
Nicci
Nicci marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2010
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 19, 2010
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2010
Surly
Surly added it
Dec 27, 2009
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2009
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2009
Catnip for the Soul Cool Dead People: Obituaries of Real Folks We Wish We'd Met a Little Sooner Wrong Again!: More of the Biggest Mistakes and Miscalculations Ever Made by Peple Who Should Have Known Better Wrong!: The Biggest Missteps Miscalculations Ever Made People Who Should Have Known Better Wrong: The Biggest Mistakes And Miscalculations Ever Made By People Who Should Have Known Better