Start by marking “Capstone (Cornerstone #4)” as Want to Read:
Capstone (Cornerstone #4)

Capstone (Cornerstone #4)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  33 reviews
It's supposed to stink. That's what Cusps do.
The Ianua, Nalena and Garrett's own community, have welcomed them back by charging them as traitors and chucking them into the Hotel Celare's slammer.
And outside the fortress walls, it's no better.
The Cusp is at full-boil as the world finally surrenders to The Fury's lifestyle. Looting, riots, murders—every kind of crime has b
Published September 23rd 2013 by Cornerstone Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Capstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capstone

Lisa
Misty is one of my favorite authors and she graciously let me read an arc copy of Capstone being I love this series so much. After just finishing, I am feeling a whirlwind of emotions: sadness, happiness, spiritual, connected, love, hopeful, and most importantly awe. Misty has created a masterpiece with this series. Capstone is the beautiful, bright, and shiny cherry on top. I was on the edge of my seat literally the whole way through. I never knew what was to come and I laughed through my tear ...more
Billie Wold
I was extremely honored to receive an advanced copy of Cornerstone from Misty. This series had furthered my love of reading. Misty`s attention to detail is amazing. The ending was more than anything I could have ever imagined. Reading Misty's words from Cornerstone to Capstone sends you right into the middle of the story as if you were living in the same world. Exceptional books. I would highly recommend them to anyone who loves to read and is tired of the mainstream cooker cutter books.
Kathryn
*****may contain SPOILERS*******

It's 3 in the morning and I just finished...
I couldn't put it down...
But I have to collect my thoughts for this review.. More to come soon...

Ok...I have collected myself...and here goes...
*sighs*
This is going to be hard to write...Why, you ask?? Capstone is the last book in the Cornerstone series and I am having to say good-bye to some much loved characters. Yes, they will forever be a part of my heart, but its sad knowing that I will not be anticipating that nex
kelly {BookCrushin}
How about 6 stars! I just finished my arc, like 2 seconds ago & will update this to a full review soon. I'm having a harder time dealing with the fact that this amazing series is over than I am with anything else. Time to process.

OK it's been 2 days & here is the rest of my Spoiler Free Review:

Let’s start by bringing this party back to the beginning, since this is technically the end I say why not. Thanks to Goodreads, I know that I added Cornerstone to my “to-read” shelf in December of
Kelly
"Capstone" picks us up exactly were "Jamb" left us. Unfortunately, Nelena & Garrett's people the Ianua have labeled them traitors & thrown them into the Hotel Celare's jail. As if being separated from friends & family wasn't bad enough, Nelena & Garrett are surrounded by Ianua they should be able to trust but are unable to decide who has fallen into The Fury & who is still trustworthy. The Addo finds a way (doesn't he always?) into Nelena's cell in order to give her a dangero ...more
Anne Arnold
How Does She Do It?!?!? Misty Provencher has written this series with the heart of true lovers, the fear of a timid schoolgirl, the wit of a sarcastic teenage boy, the caution of a nerdy girl, the strength of a burly biker and the passion of a loving mom (but there are so many others). Misty is an artist who paints the canvas with her words. Here are just a few of her literary gems:

*****
"When my mom was my connection, our field looked like a diamond and when I saw her during the Memory ceremony,
Shellene
I couldn't get over what happened with Garrett and Teagan :( So from that point on I was not into the book because I couldn't stand Garrett but by the end he was coming around to me again. Then the end of the book huh??? What?? That's it...Noooooo not how I thought it should just end like that. I don't feel complete with Garrett and Nalena. I don't know what else to say. I'm lost for words right now.
Christina Rodriguez

The Plot

Capstone starts off right where Jamb left off. The tables have turn and now Nali, Garret and the rest of the people that escapes The Chasm are now prisoners of the remaining Cura’s. When they try to prove their innocence they are spurned. And when Nali is given a mission by the missing Aldo she has to choose love or life. But with Garrett by her side Nali is given a strength she didn’t know she had. So as they journey to put a stop to Van’s plans both will endure the biggest tes
Heidi
Four stars: A stunning ending to an original and imaginative series!

Nalena and Garrett have been thrust into jail cells after their harrowing return to the hotel. Everyone is under suspicion these days and no one can be trusted. The remaining members of the Iuana are falling under the spell of the mastermind, Van, who is still playing the part of a loyal Iuana. Time is running out as the remainder of the world has succumbed to the Fury. Violence and chaos rein. It is up to the few remaining memb
Dani Morales
As soon as I received Capstone I was… sad. I didn’t want to read it, because I knew the moment I started it I wouldn’t be able to put it down. That’s totally what happened and when I finished I was extremely sad. That’s the bad thing about a series for me, I get so attached to these characters, it’s like Garrett and Nalena are really my friends and saying goodbye just completely and totally sucks. I hate it, but Misty ended it beautifully.

Capstone picked up where Jamb left off and let me tell y
Jackie -Sated Faery
Woah...totally blew my mind....still processing...

Ok. Wow. This entire series is just amazing and this final book just blew me away! No matter how far into this world you get, there are still surprises that you can't even imagine. Nalena & Garrett are such an incredible couple. They love each other more than anything in the world but can still manage to put others ahead of themselves. The love of the people surrounding them is magnificent, too. They've all accomplished so much and survived s
Rachel
This entire series has been brilliant and this book is gripping, exciting and a quality end to the series. The writing is a bit messy in places and it doesn't pay to really think too much about what is happening. Despite this it only lost a star because perfect though the ending was, it wasn't the ending I had invested four books worth of my time hoping for. I'd still read them all again though.
Terri (Reading By Starlight)
I hate saying this, but whereas Cornerstone, book 1 in the series, started off so strongly, the rest of the series has declined.

One of the things I hated the most was how Provencher handled the relationship between Nalena and Garrett. When they infiltrated the Fury's headquarters in Jamb, Garrett had to act like he was dating another girl because she thought he was his older brother Sean. Some of the ways that carried over into Capstone really ruined the romance and the sweetness for me. (view s
J9
It took me a bit longer to get to this book then I thought and it took me a bit longer to read than my average read.
I started out really liking the premise of the series, coming off of so many supernatural/dystopian YAs, this series felt fresh. The first two books kept my interest, the third I liked parts of, this fourth I just wanted to see what would happen to everyone.
I had two main issues with the fourth and final book.
1. I felt like some parts of the book were not edited - grammatically se
Shelley Stoehr
In Provencher’s Capstone, the last installment in the Young Adult, paranormal fantasy, Cornerstone series, the self-seeking, destructive “Fury” have taken over the world.

Teenager Nalena Maxwell won’t lie – being asked to save the world is not only daunting, it seems particularly risky for a girl formerly nicknamed “The Waste.” Worse, when Nalena and her gang return from a mission into the Fury’s home base, they find that the Fury’s leader is actually one of their own, and that he has taken over
Ashley Wallace
Whyyyyyyyyy?! It can't be over, tell me it isn't so (insert self, sobbing uncontrollably on the ground)!!!

My heart will need to recover from this because it goes balls to the wall pretty much from beginning to end...if you're not on the verge of hyperventilating from what danger is coming next, your hyperventilating from the seriously steamy scenes of the gorgeous and sexy Nalena and Garrett, to sobbing like a toddler, to fist pumping in the air from their bad assery, to screaming at your kindl
Anna
Rachel
Hm. I'm happy to see that the series has finally culminated. I really loved it leading up to the ending, but the ending kind of lost me a little bit. The book was extremely well-written, only a few typos, and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. There were a few characters I forgot about in the time it took for me to finish the last one and start reading this one. So that's not a criticism, as its my own fault. I felt like the end was a little... hokey, I guess? I don't know how to des ...more
Claire
I read this a while ago and just realised I didn't leave a review for this one so here goes. What can I say but what a brilliant series this was. I had cornerstone on my Kindle for a while and only started reading it when a friend asked me to, well why did I wait so long to start this series, who knows because once you get started you'll never be able to stop till you end up here after reading Capstone.

I love Nalena and Garret they make such a great couple and have come so far, and the weight of
Stormie O'dell
Love this series!

I absolutely loved this whole series! I laughed, I cried. I could not put these books down. If you like romance, mystery, adventure, and of course paranormal then you too will love this series. ;)
Rebecca
Wow what a great ride this book was

Well best book out of them all and wow what an imagination the author has. Beautiful story really. Worth a read and worth sharing. Exciting to the end.
Celini
not a huge fan of the ending but it was a good series along the way.
Taskia Choudhury
Wow! That's totally it!

I read the first book a while back and never had the chance to read the rest and now...Thank God I did! Omg! Nalena grows sooooo much it's unbelievable. I felt so proud of her, like watching your child grow. It was that amazing!
And damn! The tension between Garrett and Nalena makes me...so..so...omg. That's it. READ IT! SO AMAZING!

Argh! SOOOO AWESOME!!Misty Provencher
Colleen Blackstone
The final chapter of the Cornerstone series is done and what a fantastic ending! I love the relationship between Garrett and Nalena. This is a great world that Misty Provencher has created and I'm sorry to see it end. wouldn't mind reading a short novella to see how they're all doing.

Ms. Provencher is an extremely talented story teller and I can't wait for,the next series to come out! If you haven't read this series put it on your list. You won't be disappointed,
Amanda Kilcrease
I really liked this series and even this book up until Garrett's "confession" and then the ending? I don't even know what to say about the ending. Not what I expected for sure, and it left Nalena and Garrett's story feeling very incomplete to me.
Rebecca
CAPTSTONE was just as exciting and fresh as the other books in the CORNERSTONE series, and the ending was nothing short of beautiful. I actually said "wow" out-loud when I finished reading this book. If you enjoy the world that Misty Provencher has built in this series, you will love the way she tears it down in this book, keeping you breathless until the very last page.
Mikayla
Overall I really loved this series, and I'm super sad that it's over. The final book was full of action and a bunch of surprises that made me read faster, and the ending was unbelievable. I'm still kind of pinching myself to see if it's true. One of my favorite series that I read for 2014.
Chris Honegger
I started reading this series after it was completed....and I am so glad that I did (I hate having to wait until the next book comes out, especially when I really loave it). I read the entire series in a weekend. This is one of the best that I have read in a while...very original.
Nicole Angel
I love The Cornerstone series and Capstone the final book in the series continues the saga with joy, laughter, action, deep lessons and a touch of sorrow. Will finish review later. Had a computer virus and lost 3 review when I had to reformat.
Anthea
I Loved it. The imagination stretched my boundaries. The love between Garrett and Nalena is swoon-worthy.
Can't wait to read more of Misty's awesome books
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • Yellow (Sydney Hart #2)
  • Fruit of Misfortune (Creatura, #2)
  • Strange and Lovely: Paranormal Tales of Thrills and Romance
  • Foreshadow (The Shadow Imperium, #1)
  • Enlightened (Eve #2)
  • All Wounds (Stranger Things, #1)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate, #1.5)
  • Paradigm (Travelers #3)
  • Violet Dawn (Violet Night, #2)
  • Ragnar's Daughter
  • Moondust (Luminescence, #3)
  • Tempting Alibi
  • Winter
  • Moon Matched
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • They Exist (Creatus #0.5)
Author of over a dozen books and counting. Oh, and I like mustard on my eggs.
More about Misty Provencher...

Cornerstone (4 books)
  • Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Keystone (Cornerstone, #2)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1) Hale Maree Keystone (Cornerstone, #2) Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3) Full of Grace (Crossed & Bared #2)

“There is no such thing as lost. No such thing as alone.” 1 likes