Start by marking “Crazy, Stupid Sex” as Want to Read:
Crazy, Stupid Sex

Crazy, Stupid Sex

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  388 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
How to Land the Hot Guy 1.0

Caleb is used to female attentio
Published February 11th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy, Stupid Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy, Stupid Sex

Sophia (FV)
Feb 24, 2014 Sophia (FV) rated it really liked it

Originally posted at Fiction Vixen.

I’ve never read a Maisey Yates book but when I saw she had a Cosmo Red Hot Reads out I thought this might be a good time to give her a try. And then I saw that title, and I knew this was gonna happen. How can it not?

Evie is a self-confessed, awkward geeky type who is brilliant at what she does. She does code and that has made her a lot of money. She’s a millionaire and hasn’t even hit thirty yet. She’s beta testing her latest app she’s created for Flirt magazin
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded up to 4 stars, because I adored geeky Evie and liked how truly lazy, aimless and flawed Caleb was)
Jenna
This was basically Crazy, Stupid Love fanfiction. If I wanted to read that, I'd go on fanfiction.net.

In a GIF:

Source: Netgalley
Nicole
Feb 18, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2014/02/18/...

I had never read Yates before, so when I saw this fun novella about a geeky heroine who is looking for a little fun, I couldn’t help myself.

Evie is a smart and brilliant woman who owns her own software design company, but when it comes to men, she is completely clueless. When she is contracted to design a dating app, Evie does what any woman in her position would do: research. But researching with Caleb is more than Evie expe
namericanwordcat
This one was sexy, funny, charming, cute, and hot all at the same time. The heroine is a complex mix of badass boss lady, genius, nerdy, take no crap, and vulnerable. The hero is a person who is stuck in a place where he tries to stay surface and embody some playboy script he read somewhere but despite that is sweet and hurting. He is really as socially awkward as the heroine when it comes to really life. Loved it.

It would have likely been a five star if the romance had been longer if we got to
Heather
Feb 04, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Crazy Stupid Sex is a novella written for Cosmopolitan Magazine’s “Red Hot Reads” feature. As I haven’t read Cosmo in years (for reasons) I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this story. I was very pleasantly surprised.
The book follows the story of Evie, successful app developer and Geek girl. To test her latest app (one designed for picking up guys), Evie heads to a bar - to attempt to pick up a guy. Unexpectedly, she fails spectacularly until she snags the interest of Caleb Anderson, a rich an
Tiffany
Apr 27, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy, Stupid Sex by Maisey Yates is part of Cosmo's Red Hot Reads line, which I'm a huge fan of. Red Hot Reads are typically shorter than an average novel and they feature strong female characters who aren't afraid to go after what they want in life and love.

Maisey Yates's books are perfect for this line. Yates has become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. She has an ability to combine hilarious dialogue with poignant, heart-tugging moments and steamy romance. It's an interesting
Maggie

For me this book was a mix of good and indifferent. The good mostly revolved around Evie, the main female character. I liked her spunkiness and her awkwardness from her love of Lord of the Rings and Dr. Who to her ridiculous tactics of trying to pick up guys in bars. It was nice to see a main character who (minus the whole multi-millionaire thing) reminded me of me and my friends in a lot of ways.

Sadly, beyond Evie, I felt kind of indifferent about the rest of the story. I liked Caleb'
Jamie Roberts
Feb 14, 2014 Jamie Roberts rated it really liked it
4.5 CRAZY SMART STARS!

***This book was kindly given to me via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

Crazy Stupid Sex is really enjoyable and entertaining to read. The main character is Evie. She just got out an extremely boring long-term relationship and now is seriously lacking the finesse required to get the attention of a man. She is successful in her career as an app developer and very confident with her work. Evie creates this app to help other ladies find a guy. On a whim she decide
Kris
May 24, 2014 Kris rated it it was ok
I am a big fan of awkward nerdy characters, and Evie's character falls right in that category. It was adorable to see Evie try to seduce men in a attempt to see if her app works. And when she ends up having a one-night stand with hot, self-assured Caleb... wow.

Beyond Evie's character and the hot sex, however, there wasn't much to this book that I enjoyed. As much as I enjoyed Caleb's character in the beginning, the whole cocky, thinks-he-can-get-whatever-he-wants attitude gets old FAST.

This is a
Roz ~ My Written Romance
You can read this and my other reviews at My Written Romance.

I was provided with an ARC of this book by Harlequin Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm really enjoying the Red Hot Reads from Cosmo and Harlequin. I have read a few of them now, and while they are petite on word count, they are most definitely extra-large on the sexy.

From the mind of the marvellous Maisey Yates, Crazy, Stupid Sex has all the elements I love in my full-length books - heat, humour and emotion - fab
Nas Dean
Feb 12, 2014 Nas Dean rated it really liked it
CRAZY, STUPID SEX by author Maisey Yates is a February 2014 release by Harlequin for new imprint Cosmo Red-Hot Reads.

Evie James tries unsuccessfully to land a man in a bar despite being a millionaire. She is a geek who develops apps.

Playboy Caleb Anderson watches her unsuccessful attempts and picks her up. He is attracted by her. They hook up and have a wild few weeks after that. As in really *wild.*

But would Evie be satisfied by just hot sex? Or would she want more of Caleb? Would Caleb be able
Ni_kii
FTC : I requested this book after a Maisey Yates glom .. I was not disappointed in it. The only time I have really spoken to this author is to fan-girl all over her on twitter so I have no reason to be biased.

I’ll admit that I haven’t read every Maisey Yates book but the tone of this one is very much different to everything else I have read. It is so snarky and funny … honestly, this sounds much more like the authors twitter timeline and I adored it. It’s been a while since I laughed so hard at
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile

Very fun contemporary read. The lead character is one I can totally relate to, being nerdy, confident in her career all the while kind of sucking in her personal life; yeah I totally get it. I loved Evie as a character, not just because she's nerdy, but because she was successful wasn't at all afraid of calling a spade a spade but still had moments of self doubt, in other words she was human.

Evie has a list of 50 fun things to test out for her app, but
Karen
Mar 10, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
I enjoyed Yates novella, A Royal World Apart, it was a little cliché but very romantic. Crazy, Stupid Sex was also cliche , but in all the ways that aggravate me.

I loved Evie, who is the master of her domain at work as an app developer but clueless when it comes to picking up a member of the opposite sex. She decides to be the test subject for her new app for landing a guy. She strikes out until she meets sexy playboy Caleb Anderson. Bored with all his random hookups, Evie presents a challenge
Ivy Deluca
Mar 13, 2015 Ivy Deluca rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, nerdy-love
The Premise
Evie James, clueless app developer, decides to beta test her app for flirting and seducing guys at a bar, which leads her straight to Caleb Anderson. Caleb seems to be the typical cynical playboy, but finds himself attracted to Evie because of her unique brand of awkward. A master of one-night stands, he's more than happy to show her what she's been missing in the bedroom. But he quickly discovers that one night with a woman like Evie will never be enough for him…

The Good
I was hooked
Fiona Marsden
Jan 14, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars. What do you get when you put a self made millionaire dorky app developer together with the last playboy of the western world? In this case...fireworks.
Caleb Anderson...man-whore...is cruising for a pick-up when he spots Evie unsuccessfully trying to pickup guys at the bar. His jaded senses are piqued by an attractive woman who can't manage to hook-up even with a rack he's been admiring from across the room.
Evie just wants to get this dating app right and so far she's been bombing ou
Christine
Feb 06, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for letting me read this.

It's a funny, sweet story of a geeky girl who meets a player and falls in love. I loved Evie and all the geekiness about her, from her Doctor Who love to her adoration for Benedict Cumberpatch. She appealed to my inner geek. Caleb was slightly less appealing and came across at times as immature. I just wanted to tell him to grow up.

An entertaining light romantic read for those days when the rain is falling and you need a quick pick
Onu
Apr 03, 2014 Onu rated it it was ok
I would like a little bit more than just a cute little story revolving around sex. I guess not much is possible when you are restrained by the number of pages but I have come to expect a lot from MY since I read Hajar's Hidden Legacy
Book Reading Gals
Apr 10, 2014 Book Reading Gals rated it liked it
Title: Crazy Stupid Sex
Series: N/A
Author: Maisey Yates
Genre: Romance
Blurb: How to Land the Hot Guy 1.0
A multimillionaire by the age of 27, app developer Evie James is clueless when it comes to hooking up. So she does what any self-respecting geek-girl looking to get laid would do: she programs her own app for landing a hot guy. After a few failed attempts at making contact, beta testing leads her to Caleb Anderson. Caleb is used to female attention, but finds himself attracted to Evie because of
Guilty Pleasures
Feb 11, 2014 Guilty Pleasures rated it really liked it
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4.5 STARS

I swear when I think back on this book I giggle-snort. A socially inept heroine meets a playboy whose lines should be considered socially unacceptable but for some reason on him they are cute. Two very unlikely people trying so desperately to keep each other at arm’s length and not succeeding very well at all. This is one book guaranteed to make you laugh, make you smile, rev you up, and have
Kelly
This review also appears on
Shelly Ash
Feb 04, 2014 Shelly Ash rated it really liked it
Evie is quite the nerd and isn't any good with hooking up. Since she's a professional app developer, she partners with Flirt magazine to make an app to help women like her find a hot guy. Of course, Evie has to test her app to see if it's working. After a couple failed attempts to hook up, Evie meets Caleb, who's attracted to her awkwardness. He's always been into one night stands and decides to show Evie what a hook up is all about. What he doesn't anticipate is how much he still wants her afte ...more
NomdePlumePress
Feb 13, 2014 NomdePlumePress rated it liked it
We’re all over the Cosmo Red-Hot Reads this Valentine’s week, reviewing both of this week’s releases. The first was Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz, so Lila obviously had to request that. I mean, if anyone’s going to raise the temperature on the Red-Hot line, it’s going to be the Mistress herself, right? And mission accomplished, apparently. (I’ve yet to read it, but Lila was pretty gushy. Not literally. Ew.)

That left me with Crazy Stupid Sex by Maisey Yates. In a good way. I’ve been wanting to rea
Jess
Feb 07, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc
This book is a Cosmo Hot Read, which are supposed to be quick, fun, and sexy. Crazy Stupid Sex fulfills all of those criteria. In addition to meeting those expectations, Ms Yates gives the reader a delightfully geeky but capable heroine, Evie. Evie might be awkward when it comes to sexual relationships but she is a multi-millionaire professional who can handle herself in the workplace. It was a delight to see a character be so rounded out in such a short space.

Unfortunately, the hero, Caleb, did
Bree T
Feb 11, 2014 Bree T rated it really liked it
App developer Evie James is brilliant at her job – in fact she’s a millionaire at just 27. But when it comes to hooking up or relationships, she’s got no idea. For ten years she was with the same guy out of habit and it was unexciting and boring. The few times she managed to express that she might want to try something different it was met with a distinct lack of enthusiasm. Which made it all the more humiliating when she caught her boyfriend trying some of these things….with someone else.

Now Ev
JG
Feb 17, 2014 JG rated it it was amazing
Crazy, Stupid Sex will have you rolling with laughter from the unusual cute meet to the snappy humorous dialogue and the well developed characters. The Geek and the Playboy meet, flirt (or their version of flirting) have a one night stand that seems to extend to more than one night, along with an existential crisis (Caleb's), lots of hot sex, with the tying up and spanking and bending over one's work desk. This erotic romcom is short but packed, the dialogue was fantastic and Evie and Caleb were ...more
Carrie (Rotten Banana)
Originally reviewed at Red Hot Books http://redhotbooks.com/2014/02/review...

This is another novella from Cosmo’s Red Hot Reads that I really enjoyed.

Evie may be a programming goddess but when it comes to men, she is completely out of her element. Thanks to a new job developing an app for a magazine to help women get their groove on, Evie sets out one night to test its merits. Using her brain, Evie tries the methods she’s devised on a few men to no result.

Caleb walked in the bar with his usual g
Johanna Panko
Apr 02, 2014 Johanna Panko rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Humorous but erotic
Recommended to Johanna by: Netgalley
*Thanks Netgalley for a free read in exchange for a review.
I loved it, again the cover and title were okay but the synopsis was what caught my eye. Evie is a programmer and is working on a relationship/sex app. She finds Caleb in a bar and surprisingly goes home with him for a one night stand in exchange for info for her app. This was a cute read, and in found myself smiling and chuckling through it. It was very pleasant and short in length, but well written. The story premise was followed and s
Marguerite Kaye
Feb 23, 2014 Marguerite Kaye rated it really liked it
It's a tough thing, to get a satisfying romance told in a short format, but this story worked for me. I was hooked after reading a review by SuperWendy, because I loved the idea, not only of a geek girl, but of one who was successful and independent, and who didn't become a total walkover just because she had great sex with the hero.

The story lived up to my expectations. It was fun, it was hot, and it was NOT one of those books that are all sex and no romance. Okay, the hero's conflict could ha
  • Perfect 10
  • Crossing the Line
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Perfect Storm (His to Possess, #3)
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Her Best Laid Plans
  • Misbehaving
  • Beyond Repair
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • Having Her (Lies We Tell, #2)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Bonds of Courage (Wicked Play, #6)
  • The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3)
  • Everything You Need to Know
  • Naughty Bits Part I: The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then it’s been a whirlwi
More about Maisey Yates...

“Heartbreak was the worst. It was worse than a cord wrapped around the wheel on you computer chair.” 4 likes