Start by marking “Das Oscar-Wilde-Album” as Want to Read:
Das Oscar-Wilde-Album

Das Oscar-Wilde-Album

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This collection of over 150 photographs and cartoons illuminates the life of Oscar Wilde, from his childhood, fame and imprisonment through to his death in Paris in 1900.
Hardcover, einmalige Sonderausgabe, 191 pages
Published 2003 by Blessing (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Das Oscar-Wilde-Album, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das Oscar-Wilde-Album

Brisbride13
I found myself readying for a trip home on the city bus and discovered I had nothing but movies in my bag, so walked to nearest section of the library and began searching. This book jumped off the shelf at me because of its size; if I didn't like it, I could easily abandon it and read something else. I ended up reading it on commercials on "football Sunday" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did , however, feel it odd that one man of his time would have sooo many pictures of himself! These weren't can ...more
Margery Meadow
Fascinating and touching. Accompanied by Holland's loving but clear-eyed capsule biography and commentary.
Roberta
I highly recommend that anyone who is a fan of Wilde - the man, not just the author - read Holland's works, as well as his father, Vyvyan's ( Ocsar's son... Holland was the last name he was given after he was adopted by another family after Constance passed away ) .

I found this book to be.. well, tears sprung to my eyes. It offered a different perspective that few even bothered to document.
Joanna
It's so interesting to read a biography on Oscar Wilde that refers to him as "my grandfather." I was afraid that this would be maybe a bit delusional (because sometimes descendents who publish books seem to have some sort of agenda regarding their ancestors) but Holland is surprisingly objective and clear-eyed. And the pictures! Oscar Wilde gets me in my lady bits.
Adam Grimes
An absolutely wonderful read! Written by Oscar's Grandson, Melvin Holland, this book includes many family photographs/playhouse posters which won't be found in many books on the same subject. The balance between words and pictures is perfect, the text not going into too much detail and flowing perfectly for it. A must-read for all fans of Oscar Wilde.
Cagliostro
Ένα βιβλίο απο τον εγγονό του Όσκαρ Ουαιλντ με πλούσιο φωτογραφικό υλικό που προσφέρει μια ευσύνοπτη βιογραφία για την ταραχώδη ζωή του παππού του.Προσφέρει μια γεύση της ανήσυχης φύσης του προικισμένου συγγραφέα, αποτελώντας κατ' αυτόν τον τρόπο την ιδανική εισαγωγή για κάποιον που επιθυμεί να εντρυφήσει στα έργα του.
GREAT! written by oscar wilde's grandson, who is a Oscolar in his own right. it's small, short, and has lots of rare photos and prints from the era. also a great reference section where i was able to find more books and do more research and study on OW and the people he knew.
Lee Regan
p. 128 Oscar Wilde: "I love superstitions. They are the colour element of thought and imagination. Common sense is the enemy of romance. Leave us some unreality. Do not make us too offensively sane."
Matt
An interesting little book by Oscar's grandson. It contains a wealth of photographs and reproductions of artwork. Just a nice little book.
Lord Beardsley
Jan 29, 2008 Lord Beardsley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Oscar Wildeaholics
Recommended to Lord by: ...
Shelves: books-read-2005
A beautifully designed look at Oscar Wilde's family photos arranged by his grandson, whose name really is Merlin.
Claudia
written by Oscar Wilde's grandson. lovely and heart-breaking.
Linda
Contains photos of Oscar Wilde with commentary. Nicely put together.
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Paula Hopping
Paula Hopping marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Anna Teodozja
Anna Teodozja marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Santru
Santru added it
Jul 22, 2014
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Torgny
Torgny added it
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Real Trial of Oscar Wilde Oscar Wilde: A Life in Letters Coffee with Oscar Wilde Conversaciones Con Oscar Wilde The Trials of Oscar Wilde