Start by marking “The Bold and the Dominant (The Doms of Her Life, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Bold and the Dominant (The Doms of Her Life, #3)

The Bold and the Dominant (The Doms of Her Life #3)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  1,233 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
After spending weeks trying to reach Raine Kendall, Dominants Liam O’Neill and Macen Hammerman have finally broken past the walls to their submissive’s wounded heart. Before they can enjoy their newfound closeness, Liam’s past comes back to haunt him when his ex-wife drops in—with a secret that could tear his world apart. Forced to leave Raine in Hammer’s care, Liam is stu ...more
Published February 10th 2015 by Dream Words LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bold and the Dominant, please sign up.

happyrep Yes Book 4 will be the Edge of Dominance and introduce new series
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Mistake by Elle KennedyThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Best Books of 2015
2,625 books — 4,914 voters
Undying by Madeline SheehanAsa by Jay CrownoverMy Vincent Boys by Abbi GlinesMaking Motions by N.M. SilberSinners Rock the Cradle by Olivia Cunning
When is the Next One!?!
435 books — 1,448 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Mar 04, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Hurry hurry hurry. I can't wait any longer!!! Please
Leslie
Feb 05, 2015 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I have been waiting to get my hands on this book and I was not disapointed!

This book picks up exactly where The Young and the Submissive left off! To say that book had a cliff hanger was the understatement of the year and waiting to see what would happen has been driving me insane!

So if you are unaware, the phone call at the end of second book is nothing but trouble landing squarely in Liam's lap. The form of this trouble, his horrendous ex-wife!! And let me tell you his ex is a hot mess of tr
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
3.5 out of 5 Stars

Raine has shown some growth toward maturity, but is still struggling. I have to admit I get exasperated with her character at times. I have to remember the premise for this character which is abuse. She was abused by her stepfather after her mother died. Bill has to be one of the most disgusting characters ever written about. He is abusive, a drunkard, and to top it all, tried to rape Raine. This continues to be the foundation to all her problems in dealing with men and handlin
Darcy
Feb 04, 2014 Darcy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, erotica, bdsm, menage, 2015
This one should have been called "We not yet dealt with our baggage". All three of these ones had issues that seemed to be conquered come back and threaten the new relationship. I thought the decision the guys made at the start of the book was wrong, so very wrong. Had they told Raine up front what was going on so many uncertainties later wouldn't have happened, nor would Raine had been surprised by the She-Beast.

I was stunned by the gall that the She-Beast had during the book, how she manipula
Heather
Feb 10, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
5 Glorious Stars!

How are two dom's supposed to keep their love protected? Loved? Cherished? Help her achieve true submission when everything except the kitchen sink is being thrown at them from every direction? Things get intense making one Dom's jealously come out and instead of letting it hurt her ....Raine stands up to the challenge and confronts him head on in her own way. She has every reason to be upset at them until it is pointed out that her dom's are only trying to protect her and she i
Jennifer's Book Obsession
Feb 20, 2015 Jennifer's Book Obsession rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with this series! I absolutely could not put this book down nor did I want it to finish. Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob and Isabella LaPearl have done an outstanding job with these books. It brings out all the feels from the thigh clenching to the frustrations.

These characters will eat you alive. From the heart stopping emotions, to the bouts of jealousy, the rage and audacity at some of the twists and turns that will have you gripping at your hair. This book devoured me. It took me o
LA Spiez
Feb 15, 2015 LA Spiez rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
"She's my life now. It was bad enough when I'd convinced myself she didn't love me. But a world without her at all is one I don't want to live in."

"Yeah. If we'd lost Raine..." He swallowed a lump in his throat. "I couldn't go through."

Those two quotes show only a tiny bit of how much Hammer and Liam love Raine. They both have decided they can't live without her. In making that decision the two men decide to share her. They've done this once before with Hammer's wife and it ended badly.

The Bold
Shayna
The sexy, suspenseful, and erotically charged drama continues in the next installment of The Doms Of Her Life series. Raine, Liam, and Macen are no strangers to trouble getting in the way of their relationship, and what Liam has waiting for him at Shadows is a disaster waiting to happen. My favorite menage can't seem to catch a break, and in THE BOLD AND THE DOMINANT, the obstacles they face will test their relationship and bring back old demons that were supposed to be laid to rest.

In the mids
Sheila Melo
Sep 13, 2016 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION:  This book continues the saga of the trio trying to work out how their relationship will work.  There are a lot of external threat to their happiness in this one which was good, but not as emotional as book 2.

THE STORY:  After the events of book 2, things should be perfect between the trio.  Macen and Liam have agreed to share Raine in a menage relationship.  But just when things are going well, Liam's ex-wife returns and is intent on causing trouble for Liam and his new relation
Mary
Feb 03, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

As everyone knows, navigating a new relationship is hard. Its even harder when the three people involved in said relationship have doubts about the true feelings and motives of the others involved. Liam wants to be happy, but with his ex showing up unannounced, and causing more problems at a time when he's trying to ensure Raine knows how he feels about her.

Hammer ishappy and would be happier if Raine's father would disappea
Erica
Feb 10, 2015 Erica rated it it was amazing
Once again the authors have sucked me right back into the middle of this trio's story and kept me glued to the pages until the very end.
And while I expected The Bold and the Dominant to be the end of Liam, Raine and Hammer's story I was wrong. There is a fourth installment yet to come!!
At the end of book 2 Liam got a shocking phone call, let's just say that call leads to nothing good.
I love Liam, I think no matter how much I grow to like Hammer Liam will always be number one in my mind. And boo
Sassy Southern Book Affair
Jan 02, 2015 Sassy Southern Book Affair rated it it was amazing
Hammer and Liam finally broke down Raine's wall! YES! But Liam's ex-wife comes back. NO! This is how book 2 ends and these authors sucked me right back in with book 3. I loved how the authors had me guessing as to why the ex is back. Just when I thought I had it figured out, I was taken down another path or somewhere unexpected.

Hammer and Liam get through to Raine to be honest and how important it is to them Do they follow their own advice? One man would love to be honest but one man wants to p
Jody Pardo
Feb 18, 2015 Jody Pardo rated it it was amazing
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better....Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob and Isabella LaPearl knock it out of the park again!! This has been an awesome series thus far and keeps sucking me back in and leaving me wanting more. This is the continuing story of Raine, Hammer and Liam and their twisted web menage.

This story picks up where Book 2 left off with Hammer, Liam and Raine forging their relationship and awakened in the middle of the night by a call from Gwenyth, Liam's ex-wife. But Gwen
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

After an amazing weekend together, Hammer and Liam are seeing the progress they've made with Raine. They are starting to believe that this could happen, they can all be in a relationship. Raine was open and working on her communication, with Beck and Seth helping her understand those oh so dominant men.

With one phone call everything changes. Can they come back from it? Can they come back to each other?

So many twists and
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 11, 2015 Ruthie Taylor rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads"

This is the third in the series (not the last) and you need to have read the previous two to understand just how tense things become! I just hope these ladies are busy writing book four, as ... well, I need it.

I love these characters, flaws and all, and certainly at the beginning, just wanted to knock the guys' heads together. Even they know that communication is key, and yet ... Then again, the book would be shorter if the
Angie
Feb 06, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
Wow! Each book gets better and I am drawn into the story even more! I don’t want to give anything away because this book had so many things happen and some were unbelievable and you just wanted to throw your Kindle across the room. I love Raine, Liam and Macen and once again their chemistry is off the charts and the sex is hot! I really enjoyed this book and I can’t wait for the next one!
Characters: The characte
Amanda
Aug 26, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monique Tinline
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

This series has more drama than any reality television show and Book 3 in this series was not different.

How much chaos, drama and disruption can one person take? Raine defiantly got her fair share and Liam got a nice dishing of it also.

Some truths came out but with the cliff-hanger ending that was delivered with words be regretted?

Ruth
Jul 18, 2015 Ruth rated it did not like it
Macen and Liam, two sadistic, violent men take turns abusing a naive, younger woman who escaped her abusive childhood home only to be tricked and manipulated by her misogynist boss and his so-called friend.

Novels like this are dangerous, teaching women that sexual & physcial abuse is a normal part of a romantic relationship. Real men don't hit women, ever - for any reason. Only bullies enjoy torturing and degrading someone who is smaller and weaker.
Christine
Aug 25, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This series grabbed a hold of me and will not let go. I'm on the edge of my seat with every book, and I absolutely love it. The characters have come such a huge way from the first in the series, and I feel so proud of them all. The cliffhanger alone is making the short wait until the fourth book feel like an eternity.

Read the rest of my review at Fictional Sunday
Tiffany Shaw
May 10, 2014 Tiffany Shaw rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is why Shayla Black may be my favorite author. I loved the Bold and The Dominant. It literally picks up right where The Young & The Submissive leaves off. This book was so compelling. I found myself captivated by several parts (when Hammer scenes with Raine, when Raine makes love to Liam, when Raine battles her father) I could not put this book down. It was a fantastic addition to The Doms of Her Life series. I can barely sit still to wait for the conclusion. 5 Stellar stars!
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Jan 30, 2015 Louise Rogers-Thomas rated it really liked it
What a crappy 48 hours Liam, Hammer & Raine have has to endure (and that putting it mildly) I'm still team Liam but Hammer has grown on me. As for Raine, she is still a pain the the ass but when you get to the end of this book she has every right to be and it's understandable.

I would say these three authors have saved the best for last, but hey guess what? There's another book in the series, Doms of Her Life Series is The Edge of Dominance, Book 4.
Deborah
Aug 16, 2016 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely 100% outstanding! This third, full length, book captures the trust that a menage relationships must endure. Raine, Liam and Hammer will need to communicate more than ever. They will need trust and honesty to pull them through the storm that's brewing. Another amazing cliffhanger has me itchy for book 4. A MUST READ!
Chloe
Sep 10, 2016 Chloe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I dont think I have the words to describe this book. Talk about pulling on my emotional strings. I’m in awe of Raines strength to overcome whatever life throws at her. The devotion and love that she has towards Liam and Macen and how those two men love Raine with all their heart. I’m still secretly team Liam.
JoAnne
I loved this story. I cannot wait to read the next one!

Raine, Liam and Hammer finally are getting things back on track when Liam's ex shows up. She causes all kinds of trouble. The men decide not to tell Raine what's going on but when she stumbles onto Gwyneth and the baby, she starts freaking out. Trouble from another person from the past almost ends everything.
Rose Di
Feb 22, 2015 Rose Di rated it really liked it
So when is the next book coming out? Can't wait to see what happens with Sean and Beck? Macen being Macen we all know is the father.
Bluebird
Nov 21, 2016 Bluebird rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frustrating in the beginning but got better

There was a communication issue in the beginning of the book that seemed to drag on and on, but once the story got past that, the rest of the book was good. Some good twists.
Bookworm Betties

★✩★✩★ 5- Oh my dear sweet, sexy & broken Liam -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“Either you trust that they have your best interests at heart or you don't. And if you don't, why are you with them?”
“I do. I love them both. I feel safe with them. I can't breathe without them.”

Liam O'Neill and Macen Hammerman have FINALLY started to break down the walls surrounding Raine Kendall's heart and have learned how to work together to be everything she needs. But all too soon, their blissfu
Jenn Green
Feb 14, 2015 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

★✩★✩★ 5- Oh my dear sweet, sexy & broken Liam -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“I do. I love them both. I feel safe with them. I can't breathe without them.”

Isabelle
Sep 10, 2016 Isabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

review 1

I like the cover. I don't love it, because I don't really think it matches them. Sure the woman has the same features of Raine, but their clothes doesn't feel like them. I can see it would be a ménage, or a love triangle and that would be BDSM involved.
The book had a good pace, it kept me guessing and I've ended wanting more. There were no typo mistakes that I remember, it was cohesive.
It was panty-wetter, cold-shower hot! Jumping my husband kind of scenes. Great descriptions, creativit
  • Siren Reborn (Texas Sirens, #8)
  • Masters Of My Desire (The Doms Of Genesis, #2)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • Sweet Submission (What Alex Wants, #1)
  • Caught By Two Doms
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • The Dom with the Perfect Brats (Badass Brats, #2)
  • Forever Ours (Tangled Hearts Trilogy, #3)
  • It's A Sweet Life (Coffeeshop Coven, #0.5)
20983
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels. For over fifteen years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold well over a million copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of da
More about Shayla Black...

The Doms of Her Life (4 books)
  • One Dom to Love (The Doms of Her Life, #1)
  • The Young and the Submissive (The Doms of Her Life, #2)
  • The Edge of Dominance (The Doms of Her Life, #4)

“That was bad news. Terrible. The worst.” 2 likes