Las 7 Claves Del Éxito De Disney / Inside the Magic Kingdom: Seven Keys to Disney's Success

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  371 ratings  ·  47 reviews
En este libro, divertido y de fácil lectura, se descubren los principios que impulsan la cultura y el fenomenal éxito de Disney. El libro revela siete lecciones fundamentales que pueden aplicarse a cualquier empresa y que proporcionan poderosos ejemplos que ayudarán a los empleados de todos los niveles a orientarse más hacia los clientes.
Junto con el descubrimiento de las...more
Published November 1st 1998 by Panorama Mexico (first published March 25th 1997)

Business book set in a fictional story. I picked this up because I'm willing to read *anything* that relates to Disney in some way, and I did find the seven keys to Disney customer service to be fascinating (although several of them had already crossed my radar). Some of the information is outdated since the book was first written in 1997. For example, in 2006 I learned from cast members that the Traditions training session and two weeks of specialized training had been decreased to a whirlwind...more
WOW! If I wasn't already impressed by Disney as a company, this book WoWed me!! Wish I could attend some of the Disney Institute Workshops! They go to incredible lengths in customer service and how they achieve such high standards is by treating their employees really really well! Especially fascinating to me that the Disney company goes to such great lengths to include EVERYONE as family, especially in the completion of EPCOT. They halted construction once a month and invited all contracted lab...more
Bridgette
I was required to read this by the company I work for and I must say, it was a major disappointment. First of all, I hardly learned anything other than I have a desire to interview with the Disney company. Second, the book was poorly written and seemed choppy. The author felt it necessary to keep the pace going by introducing a storyline with six unrealistic business owners. I found them annoying and ridiculous. If I am reading a business book , I like to get right to the point. It was dull, lig...more
Kurt
The principles in this book are great and made me think. However, I dislike business books that try and put their principles in a fictional story. It feels like the author is just trying to make his book longer. This book is a good example of that. There is very little character development so it's hard to understand who is who. These principles could have been effectively taught in a blog post or at least a much shorter book.
Danny
Apr 26, 2009 Danny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This is a great message told through a story to make it memorable. Some of my favorite insights: Pay is like water and you die without it quickly. Recognition is like food and you can't last long without it. We need passion for the total customer experience. Your competitor is anyone that raises the bar for customer expectations.
Kshappert
So Mort and the Gang of Five were kind of cheesy, but the insider info into Disney's company policies was fascinating.
Dewong Lucas sr
Excellent book if you want to get a true understanding of a company that is focused on the customer and their entire experience. It discusses Disney's obsession with every customer experiencing the best possible experience every single day! It will help you understand who your competition truly is, what really matters, taking care of your employees and much more.

Any service business that some day which to reach a portion of the phenomenal growth of Disney should add it to their must read list.
Vinnydbullet
Set in Orlando… Surprise Surprise, this book is quite good. Surprise Surprise. Who would have thought this book being but 182 pages could send out such a great message. I don’t have much space since there is Seven Keys to talk about so i will get right to it.
1. The competition is anyone the customer compares with you.
a. Internal customers look for the same things as external customers. In essence it is more about customer service than the product you sell.
i. Mort compared the theme park to Fed...more
Sharon
This was a re-read for me; the book was recently unearthed from the depths of my car trunk!

Frankly, this is one of the best business books you could ask for. It's less than 200 pages, but packed with great information. Author Tom Connellan takes the reader along with a fictional Disney Institute class to talk about what makes Disney tops in customer service, engagement, and employee satisfaction. The seven principles seem like they should be simple, common sense ... and yet, as I re-read this bo...more
Matt
This book serves as a good reminder about how to focus on the customer. For the quick version, you can probably scan through the pages, read the big callouts, and you'll get about 80% of the experience in 5% of the time.
Liz
Very quick read. It's a book about business but is told like a little short story. A small group of professionals is brought together to learn about Disney's business principles and how to potentially apply them to their own business cultures. As someone who works for a very large company and isn't someone with influence over general corporate culture, I read the book from the perspective of ME, as an employee, being the brand, the company, the one providing customer service. Having just come fr...more
Maria
Great business book but should be read by all who are interested in making the world a better place.
I like the lessons. #1: The competition is anyone the customer compares you with. #2: Pay fantastic attention to detail. #3: Everyone walks the talk. #4: Everything walks the talk. $5: Customers are best heard through many ears. #6: Reward, recognize, and celebrate. #7: Xvxryonx makexs a diffxerxncx.. (Everyone makes a difference.) What is the message of this book? What insights have you gained fr...more
Jane
The principles are good, but the use of imaginary people as narrative is super weird.
Melissa
Great book! Learned a lot about customer service from the best--Disney!
L
I attended a seminar at work titled "Dose of Disney", and received this book, which was so interesting, I read it in one sitting. Our campus uses the Disney customer service keys,and after reading this book, I feel we are really doing a good job of putting those keys in place. Although simple, the suggestion of how to respond to a question like "What time does the 3:00 pm show start?" makes a lot of sense (p. 126). All business owners would benefit from reading this book, particularly to learn j...more
Mike Heinlein
Really interesting look at customer service through the Disney lens
Erin House
While working for a large medical software company our implementation team was asked to read the book. Excited to learn secrets of Disney I quickly finished the book. An amazing look at the inside workings, philosophy and why Disney succeeds year after year are detailed. I have suggested this book many times to other co-workers and friends. It is an easy read, not heavy with business language. Easy to understand even if not read for business. Do you walk the talk? :)
Marcos Ahouagi
Livro muito interessante sobre "Os Bastidores da Disney". Interessante a abordagem do autor, criando personagens fictícios para demonstrar as chaves para o sucesso dessa empresa. Ao ler o livro me deu uma baita inveja de como as empresas americanas, em especial a Disney, se preocupam com a satisfação de seus clientes (que eles chamam de "convidados").
Diana Sánchez
Libro muy interesante sobre como se maneja Disney como empresa, y las razones de su éxito. Para mi fue muy gratificante leerlo puesto que yo trabajé para Disney, y recordé viejos tiempos. Es ejemplar el legado de Walt Disney como empresario, y toda la "magia" que hace posible que Disney sea uno de las empresas mas exitosas de todos los tiempos.
Wilson Luong
“If someone else satisfies customers better than you, no matter what type of business, you suffer by comparison.”

I loved this book. Not only is it a super easy read, but its also entertaining.

It is a fictional story based on real examples and events, supplemented by the author’s seven key lessons to be learned from the Disney organization.
Mariangela

Makes you want to visit Disneyworld 100 times to witness the real "magic" that is put into creating an amazing experience for patrons of all ages. The devil is truly in the details. Great inspiration for companies of any size to model their culture after. If you can meet Disney's mark or even come close, success will inevitably follow.
Michelle
Anyone who deals with customers should read this book! You will love Disney in a whole new way. I visited Disney back in 2008 for the first time and can connect the service we were provided to what this books talk about. The book tells a story that exemplifies Disney's customer service philosophy. This makes it a truly enjoyable read!
Karla
Es un libro muy fácil de digerir. Es impresionante la manera en la que Disney le presta atención a tantos detalles para hacer que sus invitados disfruten de una experiencia completa. Los aprendizajes que se dan en este libro se pueden aplicar a nuestra vida diaria, independientemente del lugar en el que se labore.
Eva
This really is a fantastic business book. It's an easy read, an enjoyable story with each section packed with tips on customer & employee satisfaction! I loved learning the little tiny things that Disney does that makes a whopping difference in peoples atttitudes. A must read for anyone in a leadership position!
Noé
Though the message conveyed by the book is very good and useful, the presentation was annoying and unnecesary in my opinion. The characters were incredibly hollow, and didn't bring anything interesting to the table. It would have been a better book if it explained it's concepts in a strightforward manner.
Josh Slater
For those looking to improve their outlook on customer service this book is great. It's a quick easy read with ideas that are simple enough to put in practice. The narrative style helps communicate elaborate truths that any customer service professional would understand with ease.
Jan
Great book about how Disney does what they do so well with customer service. It's written as a story of a group of people who come together for a sort of training session. As the story progresses, the author shows you how Disney does it right!
Lauren B
Great business book! A quick and easy read about the inner workings of Disney and their focus on customer service and experience. Told from the perspective of visitors to the Disney theme parks in a way that everyone can understand.
Tess
Should be required reading prior to anyone entering the workplace. Brilliant, but simple perspective that will motivate you each and every day on the way to work. I have read this book several times.
Brooke
Did you know they repaint the hitching posts in Frontier Land every night? True story. Just a small example of Disney's attention to detail. Read the book for more on the company's business strategy.
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • Designing Disney
  • Mouse Tales: A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland
  • Disneywar
  • The Art of The Incredibles
  • Story (Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series)
  • The Art of Walt Disney: From Mickey Mouse to the Magic Kingdoms
  • To Infinity and Beyond!: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios
  • The Power of Small: Why Little Things Make All the Difference
  • Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company (Nordstrom Way)
Getting Yours: Success Strategies for the 1980's How to Improve Human Performance: Behaviorism in Business and Industry The Brontosaurus Principle: A Manual for Corporate Survival How to Grow People Into Self-Starters E-Service: 24 Ways to Keep Your Customers--When the Competition Is Just a Click Away