Start by marking “Las 7 Claves Del Éxito De Disney / Inside the Magic Kingdom: Seven Keys to Disney's Success” as Want to Read:

En este libro, divertido y de fácil lectura, se descubren los principios que impulsan la cultura y el fenomenal éxito de Disney. El libro revela siete lecciones fundamentales que pueden aplicarse a cualquier empresa y que proporcionan poderosos ejemplos que ayudarán a los empleados de todos los niveles a orientarse más hacia los clientes.
Junto con el descubrimiento de las
Published November 1st 1998 by Panorama Mexico (first published March 25th 1997)

Kurt
May 01, 2013 Kurt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The principles in this book are great and made me think. However, I dislike business books that try and put their principles in a fictional story. It feels like the author is just trying to make his book longer. This book is a good example of that. There is very little character development so it's hard to understand who is who. These principles could have been effectively taught in a blog post or at least a much shorter book.
Sofia Santillan
Nov 17, 2016 Sofia Santillan rated it liked it
El libro escrito por Tom Connellan reconoce y explica cuáles fueron los puntos claves para que Disney se convierta en el gigante empresarial en que se ha convertido, se distingue mucho por la capacidad de lograr que sus clientes estén completamente satisfechos de su estancia en el “Reino mágico”, se expresa que en promedio el 70% de los visitantes regresan, por lo menos una segunda vez.

El libro presenta un caso específico donde 5 empresarios vistan Disney para ver ejemplos de maneras específica
Daniel F.
Dec 09, 2014 Daniel F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is truly an amazing book, I would recommend it to anyone who can look past its cover and understand its true meaning. When I was about 9 years old my parents took me to Disney world; at that age it really did feel like a dream. Now, when I look back at it I can't remember anything bad about it. There was no gum stuck to the ground, no trash wherever you looked, it was all clean and shiny. Not a single employee strayed out of character.
Why don't I feel the same when I go to San Antonio's Zo
Eustacia Tan
Oct 06, 2014 Eustacia Tan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heard that there's going to be a new Disneyland coming out in China, so before I 'lose' my title, let me just state: I've been to all the Disneylands in the world. So obviously I have a great interest in Disney and how it works.

And if you're looking for an easy-to-read introduction to the Disney business way (this book was written in 1996 so it may not be true of the company anymore), Inside the Magic Kingdom is a good book to read.

The author uses real-life incidents and incoporates it into a
Dec 28, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wdw
WOW! If I wasn't already impressed by Disney as a company, this book WoWed me!! Wish I could attend some of the Disney Institute Workshops! They go to incredible lengths in customer service and how they achieve such high standards is by treating their employees really really well! Especially fascinating to me that the Disney company goes to such great lengths to include EVERYONE as family, especially in the completion of EPCOT. They halted construction once a month and invited all contracted lab ...more
Mar 10, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, disney
Business book set in a fictional story. I picked this up because I'm willing to read *anything* that relates to Disney in some way, and I did find the seven keys to Disney customer service to be fascinating (although several of them had already crossed my radar). Some of the information is outdated since the book was first written in 1997. For example, in 2006 I learned from cast members that the Traditions training session and two weeks of specialized training had been decreased to a whirlwind ...more
Bridgette
I was required to read this by the company I work for and I must say, it was a major disappointment. First of all, I hardly learned anything other than I have a desire to interview with the Disney company. Second, the book was poorly written and seemed choppy. The author felt it necessary to keep the pace going by introducing a storyline with six unrealistic business owners. I found them annoying and ridiculous. If I am reading a business book , I like to get right to the point. It was dull, lig ...more
Danny
Apr 23, 2009 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This is a great message told through a story to make it memorable. Some of my favorite insights: Pay is like water and you die without it quickly. Recognition is like food and you can't last long without it. We need passion for the total customer experience. Your competitor is anyone that raises the bar for customer expectations.
Tanise Carvalho
Jun 11, 2015 Tanise Carvalho rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Livro incrível. Uma história fictícia com situações reais para ensinar lições que toda empresa deveria absorver e passar para os seus colaboradores. Para uma criança "criada a base de Disney" como me considerado, chegou até a ser emocionante descobrir como funciona a fábrica de sonhos e aumentou mais ainda a vontade de visitar o lugar.
Kshappert
So Mort and the Gang of Five were kind of cheesy, but the insider info into Disney's company policies was fascinating.
Antonio Barron
Feb 15, 2017 Antonio Barron rated it really liked it
Fuera de la narrativa y la ficción, creo que los principios que plantea el libro son bastante interesantes y pueden ayudar a las personas a comprender lo importante que es mantener a los consumidores cerca de las marcas, tomando en cuenta que todo es nuestra competencia.
Mr Paul Cartwright
Fantastic take on what disney do so well, easy read and insightful. Great set of team exercises at the end to carry out.
Lee
Feb 17, 2017 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book and very easy read. I had always loved Disney and the way Disney treats customers and cast members. This book is full of ideas to make your company better.
Ximena Apisdorf
Jan 13, 2017 Ximena Apisdorf rated it really liked it
A partir de un recorrido de tres días con un grupo de personas que se dedican a diferentes industrias es que se explican 7 puntos claves para el éxito de Disney y su compromiso tanto para los externos: sus invitados, como para sus internos: integrantes del reparto. Con estos siete puntos, no solamente para el mejoramiento de las industrias, sino también se pueden llevar a cabo en las pequeñas acciones cotidianas es que todos podemos compartir un poco del "polvo mágico" de Peter Pan y tratar de t ...more
Cá Fonseca
Uma filosofia de vida foi transferida para esse livro para que as pessoas entendessem o quão importante é valorizar as pequenas coisas. Cumprir conforme o prometido, fazer gentilezas, ter sensibilidade e bom senso.
Mkolakow
Apr 19, 2016 Mkolakow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I have mixed thoughts on this book. In short, the lessons are good, but the writing and actual content leaves much to be desired. Let's dive in:

The good:

It truly has a lot of valuable lessons. This is the part I appreciate. The 7 insights are very much applicable to our daily lives and our work. I've seen too many people who don't walk the walk or pay attention to details, for example. Having reminders of these is from time to time is useful. Seeing them presented in different ways can also be b
Vinnydbullet
Mar 31, 2008 Vinnydbullet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in Orlando… Surprise Surprise, this book is quite good. Surprise Surprise. Who would have thought this book being but 182 pages could send out such a great message. I don’t have much space since there is Seven Keys to talk about so i will get right to it.
1. The competition is anyone the customer compares with you.
a. Internal customers look for the same things as external customers. In essence it is more about customer service than the product you sell.
i. Mort compared the theme park to Fed
Lainey
Sep 13, 2016 Lainey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read that was quick and easy to knock out in one day. Although the story/characters felt a bit forced that didn't block Connellan's points from being understood crystal clear. I would recommend Inside the Magic Kingdom to any lover of Disney, especially anyone looking to step-up their customer service and communication with those they serve on the regular. I read it as an assignment for my job at an elementary school and feel more confident in my approach to keep students a ...more
Brandon
Mar 26, 2016 Brandon rated it really liked it
Tom Connellan nos enseña con una constructiva historia a través del parque utópico Magic Kingdom de Disney siete claves de éxito que han funcionado a Disney y seguramente a cualquiera que los ponga en práctica. Cinco personas de negocios viajan a Orlando para aprender sobre las estrategias de Disney para que posteriormente ellos las apliquen en sus negocios. El curso es dirigido por Mort Vandeleur, un antiguo empleado de Disney. Él, durante el transcurso de los tres día del curso les entrega tar ...more
Sharon
Feb 11, 2010 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a re-read for me; the book was recently unearthed from the depths of my car trunk!

Frankly, this is one of the best business books you could ask for. It's less than 200 pages, but packed with great information. Author Tom Connellan takes the reader along with a fictional Disney Institute class to talk about what makes Disney tops in customer service, engagement, and employee satisfaction. The seven principles seem like they should be simple, common sense ... and yet, as I re-read this bo
Liz
Jun 21, 2013 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. It's a book about business but is told like a little short story. A small group of professionals is brought together to learn about Disney's business principles and how to potentially apply them to their own business cultures. As someone who works for a very large company and isn't someone with influence over general corporate culture, I read the book from the perspective of ME, as an employee, being the brand, the company, the one providing customer service. Having just come fr ...more
Maria
Nov 27, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great business book but should be read by all who are interested in making the world a better place.
I like the lessons. #1: The competition is anyone the customer compares you with. #2: Pay fantastic attention to detail. #3: Everyone walks the talk. #4: Everything walks the talk. $5: Customers are best heard through many ears. #6: Reward, recognize, and celebrate. #7: Xvxryonx makexs a diffxerxncx.. (Everyone makes a difference.) What is the message of this book? What insights have you gained fr
L
I attended a seminar at work titled "Dose of Disney", and received this book, which was so interesting, I read it in one sitting. Our campus uses the Disney customer service keys,and after reading this book, I feel we are really doing a good job of putting those keys in place. Although simple, the suggestion of how to respond to a question like "What time does the 3:00 pm show start?" makes a lot of sense (p. 126). All business owners would benefit from reading this book, particularly to learn j ...more
Mariana
Feb 20, 2015 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5

Lo bebí en cuestión de horas.

Una lectura muy especial vista y estudiada bajo el ojo clínico del hombre de negocios (de la época claro está), no esperaba que fuera tan interesante. Es decir,... estamos hablando de Disney! Personalmente, y con gran lamento, no puedo afirmar que haya podido vivir la experiencia mágica de Disney. Sin embargo, comparto la ilusión.

Incluso bajo la lupa de quién ve más allá de un parque de diversiones, hay todo un minucioso estudio de mercado que en su momento revo
Dewong Lucas sr
Jun 16, 2014 Dewong Lucas sr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book if you want to get a true understanding of a company that is focused on the customer and their entire experience. It discusses Disney's obsession with every customer experiencing the best possible experience every single day! It will help you understand who your competition truly is, what really matters, taking care of your employees and much more.

Any service business that some day which to reach a portion of the phenomenal growth of Disney should add it to their must read list.
Erin House
Jan 13, 2013 Erin House rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While working for a large medical software company our implementation team was asked to read the book. Excited to learn secrets of Disney I quickly finished the book. An amazing look at the inside workings, philosophy and why Disney succeeds year after year are detailed. I have suggested this book many times to other co-workers and friends. It is an easy read, not heavy with business language. Easy to understand even if not read for business. Do you walk the talk? :)
Dal Carter
Feb 29, 2016 Dal Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I loved learning about how Disney is able to make their product stand out above the rest! I was surprised to find that this book was written as a third person narrative. It reads more like a novel than a typical business book. I found the unique style very refreshing because it taught through examples and let my mind wander through my own situations. It's not just a list of "must do's", but instead an entertaining story with sound business fundamentals as the key plot lines.
Mariangela
Oct 09, 2012 Mariangela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Makes you want to visit Disneyworld 100 times to witness the real "magic" that is put into creating an amazing experience for patrons of all ages. The devil is truly in the details. Great inspiration for companies of any size to model their culture after. If you can meet Disney's mark or even come close, success will inevitably follow.
Mark Powell
Just finished the book, and it gives a good view of what the author thinks about Disney.

I didn't want a made up story to go along with my non fiction book, there's better fantasy out there I could read.

The book may be old but the information is not terribly dated because the handful of good bits are evergreen knowledge.

Don't buy this new, find it used.
Vinicius Menezes
The book is very redundant about most of it's lessons. Lessons 1, 5, 6 and 7 are very important on a strategic point-of-view of a any company size, repetition on these lessons is more a tool of 'enforcement' than anything else but is a bit exhausting, could have been kept shorter.

Good book for a rainy weekend or to read whist on the move to work.
  • The Disney Way: Harnessing the Management Secrets of Disney in Your Company
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World
  • Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
  • The Disneyland® Encyclopedia: The Unofficial, Unauthorized, and Unprecedented History of Every Land, Attraction, Restaurant, Shop, and Event in the Original Magic Kingdom®
  • The Imagineering Way
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • The Art of Cars
  • How to Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life
  • Something Borrowed, Something Blue
  • Mousejunkies!: Tips, Tales, and Tricks for a Disney World Fix: All You Need to Know for a Perfect Vacation
  • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies

“Somxtimxs I gxt to thinking that what I do doxsn't mattxr. But whxn I start thinking that way, I rxmxmbxr my old typxwritxr. Most of the kxys workxd finx most of thx timx. But onx day, onx of thx kxys stoppxd working altogxthxr. And that rxally mxssxd xvxrything up. So whxn I'm txmptxd to say, I'm only onx pxrson, it won't makx much diffxrxnce if I don't do this quitx right, I rxmxbxr my old typewriter. And I say to myself, "I am a kxy pxrson and I am nxxdxd vxry much” 0 likes