Start by marking “Black Widow” as Want to Read:
Black Widow

Black Widow

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,450 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Bestselling author Nikki Turner returns with an explosive new novel about a woman at an emotional crossroads and the men left in her wake.
Isis Tatum knows firsthand the way love can mess up a person. After all, she saw her mother drive a truck through the home of her father's mistress before killing her dad. And ever since Isis was a teenager, her love life has been a seri
Published April 29th 2008 by One World/Ballantine (first published January 1st 2008)

The Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsThugs and the Women Who Love Them by Wahida ClarkThe Dopeman's Wife by JaQuavis Coleman
THE BEST URBAN FICTION EVER
19th out of 206 books — 167 voters
G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
79th out of 212 books — 341 voters

More lists with this book...

Loretta
Jan 14, 2012 Loretta rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the men you love seem to fade out of your life?
It's the very question Isis Tatum was plagued with in Nikki Turner's riveting novel, BLACK WIDOW.

Isis' spiral began at age thirteen, when her mother killed her father. A once idyllic life became deadly with the loss of her young love, Dave to the State of Virginia, his boy Bam, who isn't as loyal as he appears. Isis had come to grips with the concept that any man within her reach would be destroyed.

Along comes Logic, who truly sh
Rebecca McNutt
Jun 22, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, crime, murder
I was actually really surprised with this book, it was funny, original, strange and very well-written.
Tina
May 01, 2015 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awful. Rushed, disjointed, nothing flowed and no likable characters. I can't even sympathize with ? I can't even remember her name. Phoebe was a world class idiot. Who does that? Isis. That's her name. The coincidence with the fate of the men she dealt with wasn't believable to me at all. The psychic want believable to me at all and I believe there are true seers. This was just awful. I'll try A Hustler's Wife as there are rave reviews but I'm not expecting to be wowed.
Valerie
Feb 19, 2014 Valerie rated it really liked it
I just finished reading "Black Widow" by Nikki Turner. Man, was it good. I can't wait to read the next sequel to this story. It was entertaining and lots of action. I really enjoyed the character Isis Tatum. She went through a lot as a child at the age of 13 when she lost her father, who was killed by her mother after she found out that her husband had a second life and another child by another woman.

Isis's had several bad experience with men in her life; but it didn't stop her to achieving her
Teaguem2005
Jun 02, 2013 Teaguem2005 rated it really liked it
3.5 in all honesty. This story flowed freely without any true dull spots. This is the tale of Isis, a child whose life was abruptly changed at the age of 13. As a psychic will someday share with her, 13 just isn't her number. While Isis is fiercely loyal, others in her life don't quite rise to her level. When her "savior" brutally attacks her when she tells him she is pregnant, her reaction is just so incredible that I don't think the author offered enough justification . I get the whole disasso ...more
AV Dept
Feb 17, 2016 AV Dept rated it really liked it
Shelves: jess
Runs the middle of the road in terms of scandalocity but is a fast and pretty enjoyable read. Doesn't get as much attention as the Hustler's Wife series but still good.
Sha
Dec 21, 2015 Sha added it
it was a good read but I didn't see the big hype behind it that people were making it out to be. it was pretty much predictable in a lot of ways & I did skip a couple chapters sometimes because it was a bit drawn out for my taste & too dramatic for no reason @ times. but I wouldnt reccoomend it to no one to read. she made the protogonist to be weak & stupid & i aint with it. it kind of turned me off a lot while reading this. she is not the best writer & she dosent scream supp ...more
Ashlea Gray
Apr 01, 2014 Ashlea Gray rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It talks about the struggle of a widow woman. I was hooked all the way through the book.
Satasha Ronee
Mar 05, 2015 Satasha Ronee rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book... Just a reminder that life still goes on regardless of the situation your in...
Nia Bush
Jan 16, 2015 Nia Bush rated it really liked it
Another great book, yes it may have been a little predictable, but overall another good read.
Lesa Divine)
Nov 08, 2008 Lesa Divine) rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-it, i-own
I have to say how it ended I would love to see a part 2 to this. Book was good. I love all of Nikki Turner books but, this book don't beat most of her others.
Isis was mainly cursed as she said, everything bad just keep happening to her. Her dad was killed by her mom, her mom was in prison for killing her dad. She watches the love of her life die by the state. Her new boyfriend beat her baby out of her. Her sister ends up in jail. A man she went to for help kills her husband. She just felt she w
Sontia Levy-Mason
Nov 21, 2014 Sontia Levy-Mason rated it it was amazing
This book is the reason I started writing. Brilliant. Love this book!
Felicia
Jan 29, 2016 Felicia rated it liked it
Kinda shallow without enough dept or substance to the book
Quanique Rowan
so good
Dee Cherry
Apr 21, 2015 Dee Cherry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fiction
Black Widow is another great read by Nikki Turner. Since the age of 13, men have come & gone in Isis's life. Although she could have let those bad instances take her down, she decided to use them to her advantage. With the support of her husband & family, she turned her raw talent into a promising money maker. I enjoyed reading this book because it encourages one to look at the glass half full despite the circumstances.
Shanae Braswell
Jan 20, 2015 Shanae Braswell rated it liked it
it was alright..
L.J.
Jun 19, 2008 L.J. rated it liked it
I haven't read a Nikki Turner book since her very first, A Hustler's Wife. The reason I rated this a 3 is because of credibility issues. Ms. Turner's idea was a very creative one and I was looking forward to being thoroughly convinced that Isis could pull off becoming her alter ego--The Black Widow, but the end result was disappointing. The quick ending was like a hard smack to the face.
Kyaira Laren
In this book the main character ISis feels cursed. She feels that all the men she loves are being taken from her.I Learned that she sticks to her word no matter what.Sticking to her word gets her into trouble but it also helps her get what she wants.
Kay
Dec 16, 2008 Kay added it
This book is really crazy and is very interesting. It also makes you think about life and things that are going on right now. In this book what will really stick out to you and will always be in your head is that everything happens for a reason.
Aisha
Oct 01, 2013 Aisha rated it really liked it
I liked it. Was sad only for one reason. Don't want to give the story away. But it was a good read. It flowed and I like the author's writing style. She didn't focus on a lot of small details only those that mattered.
Dionna
Aug 21, 2011 Dionna rated it it was amazing
Amazinggggggg. First book I have read by her , she is very talented. There were many twists in the book and it kept me guessing throughout the whole novel. I have a few other books by her and I cannot wait to read it.
KiKi
Jul 30, 2008 KiKi rated it it was amazing
Nikki, great job looking forward to reading more of your books! If you like to read drama that will have you in awe this is the book to read.
Laquisa
May 20, 2009 Laquisa rated it it was amazing
This book is so good and juicy!! Nikki Turner aparently isn't afraid to write EXACTLY whats on her mind! I can barely put it down!
Ms Goss
Feb 04, 2009 Ms Goss rated it really liked it
This book kept me on edge the entire time I was reading it. I loved it. Nikki Turner is a wonderful author. Keep your eye out for this one.
La'Rashelle
Jun 21, 2011 La'Rashelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonerfl book! I am a really big fan of Nikki work's. Been readn since Projct Chick came out. Which is also a good book.
Nikki Trotter
Nov 17, 2013 Nikki Trotter rated it it was amazing
Nikki Turner has done it again....Great Book and I AM loving how the characters are appearing from other books she has written.
Terry
Apr 02, 2010 Terry is currently reading it
This book delved into issues women go through when they are dating men with low standards. By far very intresting.
Jazzmyn Kennedy
Jan 10, 2016 Jazzmyn Kennedy rated it did not like it
Never come so close to not finishing a book before....dont believe the hype about this book at all....
  • Death Before Dishonor
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • Playing Dirty (Notorious #1)
  • Hold U Down
  • Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Diary of a Street Diva (Dirty Money, #1)
  • Grindin'
  • Black & Ugly
  • Snapped
  • California Connection
  • Dirty Red
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • Hood Rat
  • Home Wrecker
  • Black Diamond
  • Diary of a Mistress
After Nikki Turner read The Coldest Winter Ever by Sistah Souljah she was dismayed that there weren't other books like it. "I wanted to write the kinds of books I wanted to read," said the bestselling author, whose 2002 debut novel, A Hustler's Wife, would go on to sell more than a few 100,000 copies.
While Nikki Turner's first two novels were published by a small publishing house in the Midwest, i
More about Nikki Turner...