Start by marking “Happiness is a Warm Puppy” as Want to Read:
Happiness is a Warm Puppy

Happiness is a Warm Puppy

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  545 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Happiness is Classic Peanuts!
These collector’s editions perfectly recreate the original look and feel of the best-loved Peanuts books—their paper, their ink, even their lamination. And of course, the heartwarming content that charmed the world, sold millions, and launched the career of Charles M. Schulz remains untouched. On every spread there’s a tiny tidbit of wisdom
Published 1962 by Determined Productions, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Happiness is a Warm Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happiness is a Warm Puppy

Lisa Vegan
Sep 20, 2007 Lisa Vegan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Peanuts fans
Simple yet profound handful of cartoons.

Somewhere in my apartment, I have the original 1962 edition, signed by the author. I was 8 or 9 years old and a relative had recently been at a party given for Charles Schulz in honor of this book's publication, and all of the attendees received the book, and I was given it as a gift. I was already a huge fan of the Peanuts cartoon strip, but this was my first Peanuts book, and I’ve loved it ever since.

I was going a bit crazy because after a cursory searc
I enjoyed checking this book out from the library when I was a kid. Every so often someone would take a pencil and write on the back blank pages their own version of "Happiness Is. . . ." They were all in small print and some were quite clever. I added one of my own. Okay, it wasn't right, but reading people's "Happiness Is" quotes was part of the fun of checking out this book periodically. (Remember, we didn't have the internet in those long ago days so that was our way of blogging.) One day, I ...more
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
This weekend I am dog sitting my neighbor's dog, Maggie. Tonight we had just finished our final bedtime walk around, we came in and as I was saying goodnight to Maggie, I saw this book on the shelf that said "Happiness is a Warm Puppy" and it had Peanut characters! I read the book out loud to Maggie for a bedtime story. It is a sweet little book - this might have even been and original edition because my neighbor has a lot of old books.

The book teaches that happiness comes from a variety of diff
Susan Fetterer
Any fewer than five stars would be Un-American. Anything less than a glowing review would be downright anti-childhood. Heading the list of words and phrases describing the Peanuts crew most certainly is 'iconic', closely followed by endearing, honest, and 'one-of-a-kind'.
Not having embraced the sweetness of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and Lucy for a good many years, I became reacquainted via a dear friend who resides in Santa Rosa, CA. Charles Schulz lived and worked in both St. Paul, MN (I am a Twin
Cute collection of "Happiness is..." saying from Schulz featuring the Peanuts gang. I have the 1st paperback printing from Scholastic, from 1970. The cover is orange.
Jan 25, 2009 Velma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: depressed people
Recommended to Velma by: mom
Belonged to my mother, and was one of my first books. Can't replace the kind of memories associated with your early book experiences.
Annie Chanse
My best friend gave me this for Christmas, and I just adored it. It was the cutest, warmest, sweetest, most cuddlesome book I've read in a long, long time. Christina Williams is the best friend ever, and she buys me the very best books. This book is just like my favorite sweater, or my grandma's cooking, or a kiss from my son who is now too cool to kiss his mom. Ha. Great book.
Kelley Bennett
This was one of my all-time favorites as a second grader when I purchased the book. It had a positive message and I loved the Peanuts comic strip in the newspaper. It is also a very easy read. It has the repetitive Happiness is... on every page to help new readers. It points out that it is the simple things that make us happy.
My parents had the original edition. I think there were several different colors for the cover page--or else there were different colors inside. I remember different colors, anyway.

I remember few of the captions in this book, and remember being puzzled how different it was from the other books by Schulz. I liked it pretty well, but I kept looking for more verbiage. I think there may have been some postcards or posters associated with the book. I know there were several other books similar to thi
Sep 12, 2015 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is a book I could read over and over again (and I have!), filled with wonderful classic Peanuts cartoons, each on a different color paper. It's safe to say that your heart will warm with love for Peanuts after reading this wonderful book!
Jerica Griffin
Found this cute little book in my campus library, complete with handwritten note in the front. It's adorable - doesn't really need a book review, just think it's a cute little find in a college library.
Simple, yet effective. Schultz does a wonderful job illustrating how happiness differs from person to person, and how sometimes the smallest things in life can make someone's day.
We had a lot of Peanuts books when I was a kid. I think my dad picked them up at the Cokesbury store, because sometimes Schultz quoted scripture.
This was one of my mom's favorites when she was little, and I got her a copy when I was a teenager, but now it's in my kiddo's collection.
Re-read because I'm getting prepped for The Peanuts Movie!

But this was cute. Good ol' fashioned Peanuts <3
Margaret Kumma
I love this little book and have read it thousands of times. I highly recommend it!
Happiness is a little square book, with a pink cover, and bright, multi-colored pages inside.

Happiness is a bold, elegant font, and bold, elegant illustrations.

Happiness is Snoopy drawn by Charles M. Schulz.

So happiness may be a warm puppy, or happiness may be one thing to one person and another thing to another person, but this little book could bring a little bit of happiness.

Favorite book from childhood. I think the cute quotes can be applied today.
Recently introduced to this book when I was at the Charles Schultz museum while in Santa Rosa, CA. Loved this as a kid. I remember getting it for a birthday present. I had my drawing Snoopy phase. But doesn't everyone?

This is a must for adults and children alike. Especially if you love the Peanuts comic strip, or any of the Peanuts TV shows.
Nov 16, 2007 LINDA rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
Shelves: children-s-books
I found this book at a flea market and had to get it! It is priceless, with the illustrations and simple wording that is so perfect! Surely worthy of being called a Classic among children's literature!

I was also happy to learn that I have the the original 1962 edition! (My cover is orange, not pink.)
Ginnie Grant
This is one of the cutest little books ever! It reminds us to love and Enjoy the little things.
This is a book I had as a child in the late 60's. I think it was a first edition, but since it's very old, well read and the covers have fallen off (glued back on by Dad), I don't know. But it's got many happy memories attached to it..
My sister had this book when we were kids. I liked it a lot at the time and read it many times. It consists of a bunch of things that are supposed to make people happy, illustrated with pictures of Peanuts characters.
My grandmother had this book. She used to read it to us constantly. I still sometimes re-read it--it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling
This book is just filled so much happiness: friends, family, candy, the world and LOVE!!!

Happiness, Happiness, Happiness.
The story pointed out that there are many simple moments in life that contribute to happiness.
Very cute book with sayings about happiness with the peanuts characters. Thank you, Kelley :).
Jason Bullett
"Peanuts" is by far and away my favorite comic strip of all time; this book reinforces my theory.
Love the Peanuts characters. This book gives little nuggets of wisdom about happiness.
Cute book.I love charlie Brown and this is one of the cutest book I've read.
  • The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons
  • Baby Blues 04: I Thought Labor Ended When the Baby Was Born
  • The Last Straw (For Better or For Worse, #5)
  • Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees
  • Akbar and Jeff's Guide to Life
  • The Arthurian Legends
  • A Friend Is Someone Who Likes You
  • Finder: Dream Sequence
Charles Monroe Schulz was an American cartoonist, whose comic strip Peanuts proved one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium, and is still widely reprinted on a daily basis.

Schulz's first regular cartoons, Li'l Folks, were published from 1947 to 1950 by the St. Paul Pioneer Press; he first used the name Charlie Brown for a character there, although he applied the name in
More about Charles M. Schulz...