Start by marking “Love, Hollywood Style” as Want to Read:
Love, Hollywood Style

Love, Hollywood Style

True love doesn't always follow a script....

Tracy Vance's love life is a total flop. Sure, she has a cool job as a tourguide at a real Hollywood movie studio, but when it comes to her personallife, she can barely get her crush, Connor, to notice her.

Then Tracy gets a brilliant idea: Why not win Connor's heart with some helpfrom the big screen? Taking her cues from her favo

Published January 8th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Hollywood Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Hollywood Style

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
35th out of 46 books — 271 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsDrive Me Crazy by Erin DowningA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanMajor Crush by Jennifer Echols
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies
34th out of 39 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Arianna
Feb 12, 2016 Arianna rated it did not like it
"Romantic comedies...they're all the same right?"
"Painfully so."
Those are the exact words that I would use to describe this book. It was just so painfully boring and slow. There was no excitement in the book. Nothing that made the book interesting. The predictableness of the book didn't really help either. It just made it seem that much more uninteresting. It was just pretty much about a girl finding love, and manipulating to her own advantage. (view spoiler)
Jennifer Wardrip
May 06, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Tracy is working as a tour guide at Sovereign Studios the summer before she starts at UCLA as a freshman. Though there have never been a draught of first dates for Tracy, there is always something that leaves her not wanting a second date with prospective beaus.

When Connor walks into the commissary, she tells her friend Liz that she's been going about things the wrong way. There must be something to all the romantic comedies that the public soaks up at the
Amanda Yeargin
I choose this as an IR book. It's called Love, Hollywood Style. Basically this girl doesn't think she will find love. So she goes to love movies. she literally watches all love movies she can possibly find and takes notes.she winds up doing the first meet and things like that. But when she notices that it isn't going to plan it switches. Read the book and your gonna find out more. An external conflict she has is with her best friend because she finds her best friend with the guy she is trying t ...more
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Jan 17, 2010 Ashley - Book Labyrinth rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Shoshana
Apr 20, 2015 Shoshana rated it it was ok
[2.5]

I had a bunch in this line, but this is the only one I read. It was entertaining enough to finish, but pretty weirdly over the top and cliche, and not worth picking up a similar book.
Crystal D'souza
Feb 08, 2014 Crystal D'souza rated it really liked it
omg this book is really a girly book and if you are a girly girl just like me trust me you'll love it
Bookworm1858
Jul 11, 2010 Bookworm1858 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-read
This was a great Simon Pulse comedy for me because I love romantic comedies, even many of the crappy ones. Thus the premise (that Tracy will woo her crush by acting like she's in a movie) is right up my alley. I enjoyed seeing Tracy throw herself into her crazy scheme and seeing what she learned from it.

Cover: I would have liked to see one of the scenes illustrated but I still like the style of animation.
Shannon
Apr 19, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: romantic-books
This book was...interesting.

Like most of the other books from the romantic comedy series it had a girl who falls in love with a guy.

What annoyed me was that it was predictable and it was very similar to the other books like it.

But, it was ok and I loved reading about the scrapes that the main character got into, they were hilarious to read about :D

Tani B
Feb 24, 2013 Tani B rated it it was ok
Originally reviewed - 3/11/08

Love, Hollywood Style was a bit predictable not because the formula of the book was laid out but because I kind of figured what would go down. But it was an OK book nonetheless. P.J. Ruditis did an OK job with the story. Needles to say this book wasn't one of my absolute faves but I kind of enjoyed it despite my lack of enthusiasm.
Kat
Nov 14, 2012 Kat rated it it was ok
Predictable and cliché beyond compare. I had to rate as two-stars simply because I don't have it in me to be mean and rate it any lower. It's a typical installment in the Simon Pulse chick lit series thing they have going on (though I'll admit there are some diamonds in the rough).
Heather
Dec 16, 2008 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: read2008, teen
I honestly can't believe I finished this book. A girl living in SoCal, working for a movie studio as a page, decides to fix her love life by following all of the elements of a romantic comedy. Disaster ensues. Lots of current movies, movies stars named-this book will be dated in a year.
T.M. Carper
Cute light romance aimed at teens. There's a lot of movie references and the main character works at a movie studio as a page. It's bland enough that even pre-teens could read it. A short, sweet summer read. Not as trashy as some.
Marissa Wegner
Apr 01, 2012 Marissa Wegner rated it liked it
Shelves: chelsea-s
It was goo. I totally saw what guy she was going end up with from the very beginning. Otherwise it was much better than I thought it would be.
Hααℓєу♡
Jan 22, 2015 Hααℓєу♡ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: girlie-books
I enjoyed this book. The story was quirky but fun. I liked the characters. I would recommend this book.
Allye
Jul 16, 2014 Allye rated it really liked it
Yes, it was extraordinarily cheesy, but that's exactly what I was expecting! Great quick read.
Chloe
Nov 03, 2008 Chloe rated it liked it
Well it was ok. Really i had to skipp some parts(i no i'm horrible) but i was still good in places
Siera
Oct 15, 2009 Siera rated it liked it
Ok, I predicted both couples from page 5. Still, it was a fun read. It took me about an hour.
Sunshine
Apr 28, 2013 Sunshine rated it liked it
Tarryn
Apr 25, 2010 Tarryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluffy-bits
Come on. She creates her own montage! How can you not love it?
AliceAnn
This was a fun teen romantic comedy in a movie setting
Chloe
Aug 05, 2016 Chloe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-at-home

So funny and cute
Caitlin
Sep 06, 2011 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
I absoluty love it I can't put it down!!!
Shirley Yang
May 28, 2009 Shirley Yang rated it it was amazing
it's getting better each time i read it......
Savannah
Jun 06, 2011 Savannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my abosult favs summer 2010
Caitlinleah
May 15, 2011 Caitlinleah rated it liked it
pretty trashy and very predictable.
Ali
Jul 25, 2009 Ali rated it it was ok
It was... something.
Oliviatheblue
Jul 29, 2013 Oliviatheblue rated it liked it
Cute, light, summer read.
Jill
Mar 31, 2009 Jill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
soooo cute
Genevieve Malley
Genevieve Malley rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Lourdes
Lourdes marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
  • Gettin’ Lucky
  • In the Stars
  • Perfect Shot
  • Animal Attraction
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love on Cue
  • Dancing Queen
  • Getting to Third Date
  • Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Hard to Get
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Cupidity
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I
More about Paul Ruditis...