Start by marking “The Mind Map Book” as Want to Read:
The Mind Map Book

The Mind Map Book

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,954 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
The potential of the human mind is absolutely phenomenal, and Tony Buzan is one of the world's leading experts on how people can maximize their brainpower. Now, in his most comprehensive book yet on the topic, Buzan reveals exciting new ways to improve one's memory, concentration, creativity, ability to learn, and more.
Published September 6th 1993 by BBC Books

Ahmed Zakaria
Nov 10, 2012 Ahmed Zakaria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كالعادة تونى بوزان راااائع

كنت قرأت له كيف تستخدمها فى العمل وانا فى السنة النهائية بكلية الهندسه وكانت المواد تملأ المكتب وكنت فى اقصى حيرتى كيف استذكر

بفضل الله ثم تونى بوزان استطعت بالخرائط تلخيص بعض المواد فى ورقه واحده من النوع المستخدم فى الرسم وعلقته على الجدران واخذ اتابعه فى الذهاب والاياب واصبحت المواد فى منتهى السهولة

كتاب لا غنى عنه .. اضافه جديده لمنهج الحياه
Anh
Aug 03, 2011 Anh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think Mind Map is a wonderful invention. I have been studying my Physics lessons better because I have drawn a lot of Mind Maps to present my theory lessons. I totally agree with the effect of Mind Map. When I draw a Mind map, I have to read through my lessons very carefully, choose the key words and ideas to draw. Finally, with many colours and highlight, my Maps are more remarkable and I have remembered even the smallest details.

Now, I even draw a recipe for my mother by Mind Map. She finds
Nigel Temple
Jan 22, 2008 Nigel Temple rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tony was kind enough to include one of my Mind Maps within this book.
Umeshikad
Without doubt I learnt a lot reading this book and like the fact that I read it. But it is important to note that I didn’t like the entire book, but liked some sections of the book which I’m definitely going to use.
I divide the book in to three sections for easy reference, the first few chapters were really interesting where you get to learn about your brain’s capacity, storage and marvels. It is amazing to know about this genius machine we carry within us. It is all about how you can use your b
Sarezh Zyad
Mind Map - Tony buzan would be with you Step by step to how make your own Style mind Map & Talked about Mind Map usage in detail long explanation -
Quite good book for one about start using Mind Map in his Life
Ahmed Wagieh
Jan 01, 2013 Ahmed Wagieh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب شامل للموضوع من مؤسسه توني بوزان ... اللي بجد يستحق كل احترام ...

الكتاب مفيد للمبتدئين والخبراء سوا .. وممكن يبدأ اي حد في سن خصوصا لو من 12 وفوق .. باستخدام الخرائط وتطبيقها عشان تبقي اسلوبه اللي بيعتمد عليه ... وهيحس بفرق كبير في حياته كلها وهتبقي اداة تلقائية من ادوات تفكيره
Daniel Aguilar
The theory exposed -and practices proposed- in the first chapters sound indeed reasonable and useful. The author references many cognitive features (visual memory, associative networks, synesthesia...) that can help a lot in both reflective and creative thinking. However, the writing style is so annoying... The whole book is full of pseudo-scientific terms and sentences, claiming how miraculous "his" technique is and what incredible goals you can achieve if you adhere to the "radiant thinking" t ...more
Daniel Taylor
What if you had a way of taking notes that is in-line with the way your brain works?

The full-color "The Mind Map Book" shows you how to do that. It starts with exploring the limitations of linear note taking and then introduces the readers to mind maps — where you place a central idea on a page and then branch out from it with significant keywords. To picture how mind maps work, think of a tree — a trunk (the central image) then branches (significant keywords) and finally the leaves (lesser keyw
Ryan
I'd heard about Mind Maps from several other sources before I finally read Buzan's book for myself, and I'm definitely glad I did. I was most impressed by how well many of the ideas behind this technique map onto psychological concepts of spreading activation of knowledge and mental representations of ideas. Although I'm still grasping all of the potential behind the many possible uses for them, I really do agree that developing Mind Maps helps to organize and direct your thinking in ways that t ...more
Malek J.
Jun 01, 2014 Malek J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that changed my life because simply it changed my Brain !
I used to have a very bad memory, I always getting confused when note making or note taking !
It also give you a very productive and innovative way to be creative and to deliver new creative Ideas.
Now, I can't attend any new training course without having my Ipad with the IMindMap App !
It's just Amazing, it will change the way of processing in your mind.
I thank the God he drove this book for me in the beginning of my learning life.
Alexander Ledovskiy
На самом деле книга не лишена недостатков (на мой взгляд все можно было написать гораздо короче, особенно учитывая суперразвитый мозг автора :-)), однако хочется дать ей максимальную оценку, т.к. эта та самая книга, с помощью которой можно научиться системе интеллект карт. У Бьюзена есть много других книг, однако они касаются либо частных применений карт, либо направлены на развитие памяти, скорости чтения итд.
Если вы не знакомы с данной системой, но наслышаны восхищенных возгласов о ней (что в
Artem Fedorov
This book is too complicated for understanding. It could probably be a lot shorter. I have met with mindmaps much earlier than I discover a book of their founder. And the "Mind Map Book" is seemed to be overly academic with vague language and a little bit outdated. Today, there are many big articles about mindmaps, which will explain the essence of them with more simple and understandable language.
Ladislav Prskavec
Jan 03, 2014 Ladislav Prskavec rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je to dobré pro ty co myšlenkové mapy neznaji, ukazuje potenciál a použití na všechny případy. Vychvaluje svůj software iMindMap jakoby jiné neexistovali, podle mě chybí třeba nezavislé zhodnocení možností co existují u použitého software. Ale autor to nemá prostě zapotřebí.
هبه النيل
كتاب رائع وحقيقي
ومنهجي
من الكتب الجميلة في تقريب الانسان من ذاته
Ghada ♥
Jan 18, 2010 Ghada ♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
يستحق القراءة
Pro Mukherjee
Feb 18, 2017 Pro Mukherjee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent starting point for drawing mind maps. Explains the basic principles and applications.
Tim
Mar 24, 2015 Tim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
From the preface: “By the early 1970’s artificial intelligence had arrived…”

In what world does this guy live in??? OK, so right off the bat I have an issue with accepting the author's expertise, because the above statement is just silly and now it is a number of years later. And I still wouldn't say AI has arrived. It also doesn't help that the author got a low marks from me on the other Mind Mapping book I read of his. You might ask - why did you read two of them if you hated the first? Well,
Khalid
Jun 22, 2007 Khalid rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
This book describes the concepts of mind maps; a tool that is supposed to revolutionize the way we live our lives. Mind Maps use knowledge about the way our brain works in order to efficiently utilize our brains and makes creative thinking and memorization, among other functions, easier.

The book, at least partially, is quite enjoyable. However, the concept of Mind Maps is, in my opinion, overrated, and the author is giving it far more attention than it deserves. Well, it is a book about Mind Map
Tamara L.
Nov 02, 2013 Tamara L. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely helpful book, it helped me a lot in putting my thoughts into an order, studying, de-complicate situations and tasks, setting targets, goals, actions etc. It actually reduced the chatter of my mind, overthinking and analysing, stress and worries. You can use the techniques described in the book almost for any situation, issue, problem and task. i think it is a must for a student, project manager, studying for a test or exam, writing a thesis or a book, preparing a presentation or teachi ...more
Katsu
Jan 31, 2014 Katsu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is pretty interesting book about really great technique.
Unfortunally I think it is not best for beginners. There are lot of examples of using mind maps, lot of mind maps by others, but not to much excercises how to learn them. Only at the beginning some basic rules and excercises.
It is also a bit strange for begginer to read about creating mind map for 4 days. It is supposed to be faster. And the map is not really complicated, so it looks a bit strange and for sure not encouraging.
I think
Thiago
Aug 26, 2008 Thiago rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A técnica do Mind Map é bem maneira. Uso diariamente e é realmente uma excelente ferramenta para trabalhar com criatividade, memorização e organização.

Basicamente, a forma linear como escrevemos não é a melhor pro jeito que funciona nosso cérebro. Então, o que eles sugerem é a feitura de "mapas mentais", que seriam mais estimulantes para o cérebro. Os autores são neurologistas e o livro é acompanhado de umas explicações científicas também.

Mas o livro parece um comercial 1406. Os caras tentam de
Andre
Mar 23, 2011 Andre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who has found difficulty with the rigidity of taking notes in a linear fashion. I would recommend this book. Most of us had some training in "semantic mapping" in elementary school, but had probably abandoned it for a more line-by-line method such as Cornell or others. Buzan's mind map methods are very easy to apply to almost anything from goal-setting to journal-writing to meeting notes. It gave me a kick-start on how to keep effective notes and I have adopted at work with great succ ...more
Thomas Gallo
16 jahre nach der Lektüre steht für mich fest: Dieses Buch hat mein Leben wohl am stärksten beeinflusst.
Eine simple Idee, simpel dargestellt... simpel in der Ausführung... genial in der Wirkung.
Wer sich auf das Mindmapping einlässt und "es nutzt" erlebt wohl den größten intellektuellen Kick, der überhaupt denkbar ist. Nichtlineares Arbeiten und Aufzeichnen pusht die eigene Kreativität und Assoziationsfähigkeit ans Limit... und führt immer wieder zur Überraschung darüber welches Wissen und welche
Дмитрий Лобанов
Well, I don't recommend this book for mindmappers, who can draw mindmaps.

Features of this book:
- first quarter you can skip, unnecessary information about mind and brain.
- mindmaps are good, because they 'implement' your brain activities.
- many examples and categories of mindmaps ( but there are few methods/schemes about creation process, few patterns you should understand ).
- unnecessary examples about 'management and managers' who draw maps and make money.
- too many overlayed categories of min
Suhail Khaled
Mar 07, 2016 Suhail Khaled rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've just been through Division 1 and found it to have too much unnecessary information. The authors are not practising what they are preaching ;)

Just finished Division 2 - it's a bit better. The exercises were helpful but still I found it to have a lot of stuff he could have done without.

Division 3 is good. Guidelines are mostly common-sense but explained anyway. I'm convinced I should read The Odyssey by Homer. First look at a few Mindmaps was nice.

Just completed Division 4 - Synthesis which
Mihai Criveti
Let me put this into context first. I'm not a great believer in help, self-help, "the brain's untapped potential", "using both sides of the brain" and other such concepts made popular by scam artists in their self help books.

I was first introduced to the concept of mind mapping in practice, by using Freemind & such along Emacs ORG Mode and One Note (Getting Things Done methods) as a way to organize presentations, documentation, meeting minutes and such.

It was about time I've actually read so
Annemiek
Mindmappen is ontzettend handig en er staan heel veel goede tips in het boek. Ik ben alleen een beetje allergisch voor boeken waar aan de ene kant gezegd wordt dat je veel moet uitproberen en je eigen stijl moet ontwikkelen, maar waar je dat dan wel volgens die precieze regels van het boek moet doen. Gelukkig kijkt de schrijver niet over mijn schouder mee.
Briljante zin (gelukkig aan het eind van het boek, anders was ik afgehaakt omdat ik in een alternatief universum leef): "Miljoenen kinderen o
Kevin Driskill
This book is very thought provoking and I believe valuable as a tool to expand thinking, analysis, memorization, and note taking and making. One issue I had with the book was the extremely long sales pitch. A little background I can take but please don't take half the book trying to convince me to read the other half. I almost stopped reading it and had to skip ahead to know if I even cared enough to finish. I found that there is some very good content and not just fluff and propaganda. It may b ...more
Dawn
Jan 20, 2016 Dawn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
He spent the entire book doing two things: elevating a simple brainstorming technique to a panacea for everything in the world; and selling us on this idea over and over and over and over again.

To get an idea how silly and wrongheaded the whole thing was, he concludes his book (written in 1994) telling us how we are on the cusp of a mentally literate (redundant.....) revolution, where intelligence will be the new mark of fame.

And Kim Kardashian is our cultural icon, while Donald Trump is the f
Hepburn
Jun 01, 2014 Hepburn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014_books
The purposes of reading this book were:
1. to learn how to use mind map in teaching situation
2. to get a gist of computer mindmaps.

Mind map seems to be quite useful especially in grammar teaching, because the mind map provide students with clear and easy explanations.

I love using iMindMap online, because I can generate the map automatically. It is also easy to edit, share, convert, and link it with other sources.

Finally, I was amazed to know that mind map is much more effective to pass the exams
Becoming My Best 2 19 Oct 23, 2007 07:15PM
  • Idea Mapping: How to Access Your Hidden Brain Power, Learn Faster, Remember More, and Achieve Success in Business
  • de Bono's Thinking Course
  • Photoreading
  • Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • Sparks of Genius: The Thirteen Thinking Tools of the World's Most Creative People
  • The Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life
  • The Creative Spirit
  • Power Reading: The Best, Fastest, Easiest, Most Effective Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed: The Fastest, Best, Easiest Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed!
  • Blah Blah Blah: What To Do When Words Don't Work
  • The Mind Gym: Wake Your Mind Up (The Mind Gym)
  • A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change
  • Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques
  • How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day
  • Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes & Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity
  • Peak Learning: How to Create Your Own Lifelong Education Program for Personal Enlightenment and Professional Success
  • Visual Thinking
  • You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn Life-Changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro
Tony Buzan is an author and educational consultant. He is a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He has worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, is an alumnus of Ki