Start by marking “Freed (Club Sin, #4)” as Want to Read:
Freed (Club Sin, #4)

Freed (Club Sin #4)

Fans who can’t get enough of USA Today bestselling author Stacey Kennedy will love this wicked, wild spinoff novel that explores how sexy life can be outside Club Sin.

Mary Schmidt knows only too well how thrilling a Master’s touch can be. Her husband, Charles, had been her ultimate fantasy, a seducer in the erotic dance of dominance and submission. She misses the sensual l
Published November 4th 2014 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Freed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freed

Lisa
Dec 09, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars!
Michelle
Oct 13, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
ARC received on behalf of Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept from NetGalley.

Screenshot_3

Remember Mary? Mary is the doctor who is close to Dmitri, her husband Charles was the man that helped guide him into the lifestyle and was like a father to him. But Mary doesn't play any longer. She had one Dom, her Charles and when he passed away four years ago she gave up the idea of fulfilling her needs.

Screenshot_4

Elliot is sealing a deal at Dmitri's when Mary arrives. Instantly he can see the spark of her submissive te
Nakeesha
In this installment, Kennedy tells the story of how Mary, the mature physician for Club Sin, gets her groove back. Kennedy handles the maturity of the hero and heroine with respect, dignity, and steaming hotness! Which makes the cover very disappointing. There are two love stories going on in this novella. The story of Mary and her husband, as well as the story of Mary and her new lover. The flashbacks of her scenes with her husband, which happened during the scenes with her new Dom, always took ...more
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jan 01, 2015 Paris (kerbytejas) rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Freed (Club Sin #4) by Stacey Kennedy, is the 4th book in the Club Sin series that I've read, it’s a touching story of emotionally letting go of the love of your live and moving on, allowing new love to stand next to a lost love.

Mary is an older women whom we've meet in earlier books, she’s a good friend of Dmitri, and assists with the new member physicals. Since the death of her husband Charles, she has been removed from the lifestyle, filling the void in her life with work, and assistance to f
Maria Rose
This fantastic continuation of the Club Sin series is the story of Mary and Elliott. Mary lost her husband Charles 4 years earlier to cancer and never thought she'd find a man like him again - one who could be her partner in and out of the bedroom. When she meets Elliott, she is instantly attuned to him and realizes he is the man who can unlock her heart and her body once again. Is she willing to put the past behind her and let him lead her into a new and wonderful future?

I loved this story! It
*P
Jan 22, 2015 *P rated it liked it
Shelves: not-vanilla, arc
Thrown by the cover

I have been a fan of Kennedy's Club Sin series and was excited by the hot cover and with my enjoyment of the series so far I must have missed the blurb. While this is a take off from the series (book 4 Tamed is Porter's Story) I was still hoping for the same excitement of the others. There was no real drama or angst infused in this story. Unlike the cover models this book is about a middle aged couple. Mary, the doctor friend of Dimitri's, still struggling with her husbands pa
Christa
Dec 01, 2014 Christa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
**ARC courtesy of Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

2.5 Second Chance Stars

I had a really hard time getting through this one and almost DNF a couple of times, but decided to push thru it till the end.
Mary lost her husband four years ago, but he was so much more than a husband to her. He was her Dom, father of her children, and the love of her life. As much as she misses the BDSM scene, she can’t bring herself to return to it feeling it would
Aug 16, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for review from NetGalley

OH MY!!! Another awesome book in the Club Sin series. I loved Mary since we meet her in book 1 and wanted to see her get a HEA. Boy does she ever. Elliott is perfect for her. It was so nice to see a mature couple and not tons of young, emotional angst. Yes, there was some angst on Mary's part, but so not drawn out. Loved the teaser chapter for Porter and Kenzie.
MsRomanticReads

Not only was it a pleasant surprise to see Mary get her own story, it was also lovely to see a mature romance with characters in their early fifties. After reading this, I can only hope to be as energetic as this couple.

We learned very little about Mary (50) throughout the series except that she and her late husband, Charles had been a part of the BDSM lifestyle and were very much in love. However, after his death four years ago, she never moved on. Even going so far as to quit the lifestyle co
Miranda Whore
Review for Freed by Stacey Kennedy

Freed is book 3.5 in the Club Sin Series by Stacey Kennedy. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this entire series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but the characters from previous books make appearances in later ones so I would suggest reading them in order just to get the full impact. Besides they are all amazing so there’s really no excuse not to dive in!

I was thrilled when I found out the author was giving Mary her story… throughout the s
Gretchen
This was an amazing story about moving on, love, and hope and I was truly touched by it.

I had planned to just look at a few pages and start another day but I started reading and I immediately wanted to know more. I felt for Mary and was intrigued by her story. Her connection with Elliot had me instantly drawn in. He is so commanding and I loved that connection the two of them shared. I was invested right from the beginning and couldn't put it down.

I really enjoyed that both the main characters
Jackie *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
Stacey Kennedy delivers another awesome book in her Club Sin series. I really enjoyed getting to read Mary's story. Freed does not take place in Club Sin, but I really liked the change. What was even better about this book was that the couple was older than the other characters in this series.

We got to meet Mary briefly in Claimed; which is book 1 in the series. I am glad she got her own story. Stacey Kennedy always brings the reader a story along with the kink. Mary hasn't done a scene with any
Teri Carter Lloyd
I am ecstatic to finally read a BDSM erotica book that involves older characters that I can relate too. Don’t get me wrong I love the 30 something hot, hot men and sexy women. Who doesn’t but….

The author does an outstanding realistic portrayal of a women in her 50’s with a realistic body after having three children. Mary has stretch marks and is self-conscious of her physical appearance like most of us. She is a widow written as a strong women who had the great love of her life and can’t let go
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

So I really liked this book. I have read two other books in this series and I have to say that this is not a series you want to miss. This book was sweet, sexy, spicy, naughty, and had one second chance love story. While there are character crossovers, this book can be read as a standalone. Club Sin is a naughty, sexy series that will leave your heart smiling and your panties wet.

This is Elliot and Mary's story. Still grieving the loss of her husband, Mary is not interested in finding
SassyCat's Book Review
Jan 01, 2015 SassyCat's Book Review rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I read this book but I figure I'll go ahead and review this while I still can.

Mary was the perfect submissive, she was often seen as the queen with her husband and master of Club Sin Charles. she thought she has forever with him until he passed. Now trying to figure out how to move on with her life, their children are grown and she is alone.

Elliot haven't quiet found the right women to spend the rest of his life with until he met Mary. She heated under his touch and melt
April Symes
Aug 29, 2014 April Symes rated it liked it
Shelves: didnt-finish
**I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review***

I do not read books that the age of the people are over 50 + so I have to say I did struggle here. But the author did write a good story for Widow Mary and Master Elliot.

Mary is the club physician who is trying to get her life back on track after the death of her husband and master Charles. The story shows Mary’s life in flashbacks in the story then is in real time with Master Elliot.

For me what I didn’t like is when it would stop befo
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Stacy Kennedy is a great writer & I have enjoyed her other books. This one totally sucked for me. Not that it was really a badly written or over the top shocking, because in the erotic sense, it seemed pretty light.

This book is about the recover after losing a spouse & accepting someone else to fill the void. What totally ticked me off was the constant flashbacks & the ending in the middle scenes. I was frustrated & it bothered me. Another thing was the lack of warning about the
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 26, 2014 Ruthie Taylor rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

I have just devoured this lovely book in one sitting. It is very moving, amusing, and fiercely hot. The finesse with which the Dom, Elliott, pursues Mary, a widowed sub, is wonderful to watch. Mary's story and revival is delightful to experience, even if frustrating at times. Great story, and lovely to see old friends along the way. If you haven't read the previous books, then you are in for a treat, and reading this first
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
ARC Courtesy of Netgalley

We first met Mary in the beginning of this series as she is the "club doctor" who help out all the new members of Club Sin. She is a "mature" lady who has had a hard time coping since her husbands death 4 years ago. She has not had a boyfriend or Dom since then.

In this book she meets Elliot a friend of Dimitri's and she is immediately attracted to him. He is a Dom who is Mary's age and once he sets his sights on this submissive he will do anything to make her his.

It was
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 03, 2014 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it
Have you gotten tired of reading books where the characters are at their mid twenties tops? Well, this is the book for you. I know, I am sounding like a TV commercial, but it's the truth. I have some GR friends who are over 40 and are tired of always reading stories about characters that are half their age.

In Freed the main characters have started living in the fifth decade of their lives. I found it weird in the beginning, but it took me only a couple of chapters to get used to it.

Call it irrat
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Fate has no limits...
I'm a big fan of Stacey Kennedy and her Club Sin Series. She writes about the BDSM lifestyle, but it's more than the kink, it's full of friendship and love. She makes me feel something, other than heat. I met Mary in the previous books in the series and was curious about her. I really enjoyed getting to know her in Freed. And that's exactly what the author does, she draws you into the lives and the feelings of the characters until you feel like you know them. She lets you se
Danielle Ward
Nov 09, 2014 Danielle Ward rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I've read all the books in this series, but this one...this one ripped my heart out and gently put the pieces back together. Elliot - what an incredible man. Patient, kind, sexy, expertly dominant, self-sacrificing - simply a beautiful representation of what a Dom should be. And Mary - my heart bled for her. Her devotion to Charles was breathtaking - love in its truest form. But Mary and Elliot together, made for a beautiful second chance.
Bravo, Stacey Kennedy! You managed to
Paula
Dec 07, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-bdsm

Wow, what a heartbreaking book. I had to get the tissues out for this one.

I just adore second-chance of love book. Mary & Elliott had a rough ride, but as a widow Mary had some serious issues that she had to face before she truly accepted Elliott. As always the BDSM was super hot.
Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥
Jul 29, 2015 Annie ♥Nocturnal Elocutionist♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink
It is so unusual to read a book where the h is 50 especially a BDSM book but it was just as enjoyable as if she was 30!
Becca Reads
Jul 17, 2015 Becca Reads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, ugly-cry, 2015
Very unusual story with H and h both being 50+. Loved it!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick & Shadow

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Every time I read one of author Stacey Kennedy’s Club Sin books I wonder if it will hold up to the others in the series because she has set the bar very high for herself in this series. I honestly didn’t know if she could come close to the emotional level I felt in the last book Desired but she did exactly that in Freed. This book is a different kind of journey as this couple is older; he is divorced and she was widowed 4 years ag
Monica Cardoza
Nov 16, 2014 Monica Cardoza rated it it was amazing
This book has a top that hits hard in my heart because I can relate to Mary, when you lose your life partner it’s like the light in your life dies.

I have enjoyed every single book in the Club Sin Series but this book has hit me so hard. When I picked this book I didn’t even read the synopsis I just knew that I needed to read it. Now after reading it it’s like this floodgate has been opened to wounds that I thought were healed. I related to Mary in so many ways, she lost her husband a little over
Laine Cunningham
Sep 15, 2016 Laine Cunningham rated it really liked it
Not my first foray into romance or erotica but this is my first full reading of a genre book about BDSM. I tried reading 50 Shades of Gray but urgh, it was so terribly written I just couldn’t slough past the first chapter.

I can’t honestly say Freed was much better. The writing was basic…good enough not to be distracting yet lacking in a voice that was compelling. Not that I expected much of the voice in this category, so that point ends up with an average rating.

The characterization was pretty b
Michele Douglas
Oct 31, 2014 Michele Douglas rated it really liked it
“FREED”
Club Sin
Stacey Kennedy
Mary Schmidt is a 50-year old independent, strong woman who has lost her identity. Four years ago, her world was decimated when Charles, her husband, father of her children, and her best friend and Dom died of cancer. With Charles, she was a vibrant, submissive, sexual being, who felt like she could do anything as long as she and Charles were together. He was her life and they pledged not only their love to each other but also their souls.

Her heart, soul, and her su
Joyfully Reviewed
Mary Schmidt is a woman of many hats; she is a caring doctor, a mother with adult children, a lonely submissive, and a woman who lost the man she loves and her Dom. Mary lived the lifestyle that gave her and Charles so much love for many years, but since Charles died of cancer, Mary just can’t bring herself to try and find another Dom. Mary has spent several years now living her life, but she is missing that huge part of her life which was entitled ‘bdsm’.

Elliott Foster is a business man who kno
  • Club Wonderland (Friends and Benefits, #2)
  • Levi's Ultimatum (Purgatory Masters, #2)
  • Dimitri's Forbidden Submissive (Submissive's Wish #2)
  • Lord & Master (The Billionaires, #3)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Play Me #5: Play Me Right
  • Bonds of Courage (Wicked Play, #6)
  • Crazy About Love (All About Love, #3)
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • Yours to Take
  • Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)
  • The Cowboy's Kink (The Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • Claim (Bonds, #2)
  • Velvet Memories (Club Velvet Ice, #4)
  • Cracklin' Rosie (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #2)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Berserker's Rage (SmokeJumpers, #2)
STACEY KENNEDY is the USA Today bestselling author of the Dirty Little Secrets and Club Sin series. She writes deeply emotional romances about powerful men and the wild women who tame them. When she’s not writing sensual stories, she spends her time in southwestern Ontario with her real life hero, her husband, their two young children, and her other babies: a mini labradoodle named Jax and a ...more
More about Stacey Kennedy...

Club Sin (7 books)
  • Claimed (Club Sin, #1)
  • Bared (Club Sin, #2)
  • Desired (Club Sin, #3)
  • Tamed (Club Sin, #5)
  • Commanded (Club Sin, #6)
  • Mine (Club Sin, #7)