Start by marking “Ollie the Stomper” as Want to Read:
Ollie the Stomper

Ollie the Stomper (Gossie and Friends)

Fans of the Gossie & Friends books will enjoy little Ollie and his big personality as he finds his way in the barnyard. Irresistible characters and delightful text make these board books perfect for springtime reading and sharing.
Board Book, 16 pages
Published April 9th 2007 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published August 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ollie the Stomper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ollie the Stomper

Ashley Slota
Mar 06, 2017 Ashley Slota rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very simple book of Ollie wanting to have to boots that Gossie and Gertie have. So the story follows the different things the little ducks do with Ollie following behind them until finally they each give Ollie a boot to wear and he ends up not liking them and takes the other ducks swimming instead.
This is a very simple early reader book, keeping the words on each page very minimal and has a repeating theme to the story. This has a very subtle message that you don’t always want what yo
David
Jul 21, 2011 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ollie the Stomper by Olivier Dunrea focuses on gossling Ollie who is obsessed with having boots, since Gossie and Gertie have them.

Ollie stalks the two gosslings as they stomp around the barnyard. Finally, Ollie yells "I want Boots!" Gossie and Gertie each give Ollie one of their boots. Ollie proceeds to stomp around the barnyard, as they follow, until she announces "These boots are too hot!" All three gosslings kick off their boots and follow Ollie to swim in the pond.

The text has lots of repe
Christina
Nov 21, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series begins with Gossie & Gertie although they do not have to be read in any particular order. They are short, cute and fun books. They do not teach any higher values and morals; they are purely for entertainment. The reason I give them all four stars is because my son loves them so much, he carries them around with him everywhere and I like the art. Anything that encourages my semi-reluctant reader that well deserves a decent rating.
Tara Strosnider
Feb 26, 2016 Tara Strosnider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is just adorable and its so cute how gossie and gertie have boots and ollie wants boots too its so cute the ducks in this series they are adorable and funny and just super adorable kids will love this series the pictures are just super cute to look at while reading and its so cute how they look out for their sibling :)
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Tales for Twos and Threes on 5/20/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 3/14/13:

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 3/15/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Rachel
This was the last book I read to my son for summer reading (yay he's finished 20 books!). Ollie the gosling wants to go stomping with Gossie and Gertie, who have boots to do this with. So they each give him one boot and they got stomping together, until he gets bored with it and they decide to go swimming instead. My son enjoyed the story and illustrations. Recommended for ages 1-4, 3 stars.
Kristen
May 12, 2009 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I normally don't put kids books on here but Konrad loves this book! I just renewed if from the library and I'm going to go find a copy in a bookstore for him. He's carried it around with him for three weeks! It is so cute! I'm thinking of getting the boxed set of the books in the series and buying it for him for when the next baby comes.
Library Quine
Oliie is a gosling with a toddler's personality. His friends have boots, he wants boots. He trails his friends around until they lend him their boots. Once he has to boots, they turn out to be 'too hot' and the boots are abandoned in favour of swimming!
Emily
Apr 07, 2015 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a very simple book that allows young readers to learn to read this book alone. The book is very repetitive with only a few words on each page. The words are also accompanied by a colorful picture that help allow readers to look at the pictures for help.
Michelle
My daughter loves Gossie and we are going to try and read all the other characters.

She wasn't very interesting in Ollie stomping all over the place.

We read it once, and she doesn't seem to have any interest in reading it again.
jacky
Nov 05, 2010 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Not as cute as Gossie, but still a cute story of goslings and boots. The illustrations remain cute and the story simple. However, its is a bit forgettable since I read it only a couple of weeks ago and can't remember much of it.
Vicki
May 09, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, tiny-tots
A short simple story about friends who share. The illustrations are nice and clean. The format I had was board book size although it was not a board book, not the greatest size for using at story time. Migyht work better one on one.
Amberly
Aug 10, 2011 Amberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet story. Dunrea's illustrations are enchanting. If I had a very young child I believe I would buy this book just to use the illustrations as art work for the child's room. Then of course I would have to buy another copy to read. :)
Tyrone Hardy
Apr 22, 2013 Tyrone Hardy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-read
This is a great book about a duck named Ollie. He walks around searching for his missing red boots. His friend Gertie has his book, but Ollie doesn't know this. This book would be great for helping Pre-k and kindergartners work on their anticipatory skills.
Melissa
I like that Ollie always shouts.
Becky H.
Jan 30, 2008 Jennie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my kids love this one.
Jessica
Jun 04, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this book the first time I read it. Fun, cute, sweet, and beautifully illustrated. Looking forward to reading more by this author.
Bonnie
Another easy to read book about Ollie.
Dee-Ann
Oct 09, 2012 Dee-Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute pictures and it was a good book for a young person learning to read as it had repeating lines or similar lines. eg from memory ... Gertie had red boots. Gossie had blue boots.
Ashley
Apr 08, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite in the series by Dunrea, but still a great book! My boys love them all.
Keli burris
Oct 02, 2014 Keli burris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oliver-to-read
we love these books but I belive we love the ones with ollie in them the most because my sons name is oliver we call him ollie for short and he just loves these books!!
Tiff
Oct 14, 2007 Tiff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids ages 2 - 5 and their parents
I *love* all of these stories by Dunrea. When I have kids of my own these will definitely be some of the first I read to them!
Elizabeth
Good stuff on sharing in here. Both kids like it. When I pick it up, Santi cries "Owwwwwie" in utter happiness.
Shay
Jul 30, 2015 Shay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Such a cute book. My kids loved it. We love Goosie and Friends book and were not disappointed with this one.
Dolly
Aug 14, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
Cute book that follows along with the book, "Gossie" by the same author. It has adorable illustrations and a short, silly story about a gosling who wants boots. Fun to read aloud.
Naomi
Feb 22, 2008 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: younger children
Shelves: childrens-books
Cute. My son really like this and the other similar books by Olivier Dunrea.
Kaethe
Feb 11, 2009 Kaethe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-baby, read-aloud
I love to give books from Dunrea as baby gifts. The art is lovely, floating in a lot of white space. The text is simple, and amusing. Just adorable.
Miri
Mar 29, 2013 Miri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Oh, I love these little books.
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • Pet Show!
  • The Baby Swap
  • Here Comes Jack Frost
  • The Littlest Dinosaur
  • Binky (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly!
  • 1-2-3 Peas
  • How Are You Peeling?
  • Pants
Since his debut in 1983, author and illustrator Olivier Dunrea has created a steady stream of picture books, including concept books, stories of family life—modern and ancient—and stories about artists. Many of Dunrea's picture books testify to his love of animals and his interest in archaeology and folklore of the British Isles, and several—including Ravena, The Trow-Wife's Treasure, and Bear Noe ...more
More about Olivier Dunrea...

Gossie and Friends (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Gossie
  • Gossie and Gertie
  • Ollie
  • BooBoo
  • Peedie
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • Ollie's Easter Eggs (Gossie and Friends)
  • Ollie's Halloween
  • Gideon
  • Gideon and Otto (Gossie & Friends)