Start by marking “Storm Warning” as Want to Read:
Storm Warning

Storm Warning

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  685 ratings  ·  31 reviews
The phone rings. She picks up, but no one is there. She hears music and the sound of thunder. She hangs up in a trance. Minutes later, she is dead.

Ginny Shapiro stares at the photograph of seven smiling schoolgirls from the exclusive Montgomery Academy. Six of them are dead. She is the only one still alive.

The phone rings. Ginny gets in her car and speeds away. Anywhere. F
Published December 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Warning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Warning

jenjn79
Excellent book! I couldn't put it down once I started. It was one of those books that as I read, I had no idea what page number I was on because I was so into the story. That doesn't happen to me all that often.

After the first 2 chapters or so, I was a bit put off because the beginning is so depressing and gruesome (in mostly non-graphic way). I just wasn't expecting it to start that way.

Great overall storyline and romance though. A very engaging story. The antagonist wasn't exactly a surprise a
Jacqueline
3-1/2 stars. A solid read from Sharon Sala/Dinah McCall. The romance happened very quickly and the secondary crime seemed a bit like filler. The suspense plot was not as well developed as some of her books but better than others. All in all if you're a fan, you will enjoy it. At least the heroine wasn't a "homespun" naive virgin like in some of this author's books.
Lyndi
Well, that was fucking TWIST, man! Totally didn't expect that - I really thought I had it all figured out. Nope. Not even close. But it all made perfect sense in the end, just as much sense as my assumption.

Let's see... complaints, complaints... I've always got 'em.

There was a secondary threat eliminated early on that I thought was a bit pointless. It was just filler, I think. But kinda disturbing filler. It felt like the author was being salacious just for the sake of being salacious.

And we don
Robin
Young women are answering their phones only to hear the sounds of a thunderstorm and chimes. Then the women promptly drop the phone and commit suicide by various means. FBI Agent Sullivan Dean has an old school photo of seven schoolgirls in a gifted class. Six of them are already dead. He needs to find Virginia Shapiro before she becomes the next victim. Ginny has the same photo and she isn't answering her phone. She is hiding in hopes that the killer can't find her.

Dinah McCall (aka Sharon Sala
Gina
Not part of a series, one of the 79 books I bought at the Barrie Flea Market last year.

I thought it was pretty good. Definitely different. I've only read one other book where the plot has to do with the mind and memories the way this one did. I thought Ginny was one hell of a woman to have to deal with what she had to deal with. And Sully was a great hero. I felt the attraction between them. The surroundings are well written, giving you a clear picture of what the character(s) is seeing. You als
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
seven girls have one thing in common from their school days; they were all in a special class that their parents didn't know about. one by one, six of the seven girls supposedly commit suicide. before one of them dies, though, she sends a package to the seventh girl, ginny, to make her aware of this. it seems as though each girl answers the phone and then immediately commits suicide afterwards. sullivan works for the fbi, and his best friend is the sixth girl's brother. sullivan also re
Kimberly
This was a book that had start/stop momentum for me. The premise was interesting and the beginning of the story drew me in. I started getting bogged down during the happenings at the cabin (unnecessary filler which I felt did not advanced the narrative). Things started moving again while back on main topic. The epilogue seemed weak and left me feeling "meh" about the whole thing.
Jill
The pros of this book are that it is nicely written, it's a nice original idea, the conversation isn't forced or irritating, and I like the characters. The cons are that it was so obvious to me who the bad guy was. Why does it have to be so obvious? I'd like it to be a bit of a challenge. The other thing is that the ending could have maybe been done better with the epilogues and stuff.
Kasey
This was a nice, easy read. It was a good thriller. It kept me reading it the entire way through, as it should. I did find the two main characters to be very bland. Their romance was sudden, intense, and corny. I'm a big fan of romance, but I actually skimmed through all of the romantic scenes because they were so corny and over the top. The ending was a twist, but honestly. I didn't find it believable.
(spoiler alert) So, the motive was that she was just crazy? I understand she was trying to de
Sam~Alpha Male Addict~ Woodley Duenas
My first read of Sharon Sala/Dinah McCall and I am very impressed! Good mystery-romance storyline plus awesome characters!

I want a Sully of my own! He's as sweet and as swoon worthy as can be!

Definitely going to be reading more of Sharon/Dinah's books!
Tonya Lucas
5 Stars a must read!!!
Kodie
This book is a suspense, murder mystery. 7 girls get a phone call and then suddenly they meet their death. All of which hear the same thing on the phone and then they end up killing themselves in different ways, but why? There are no illustrations but the text speaks for itself. However this would not be a selected literature piece I would choose to have in my classroom because its tended for adults.
Erica
I loved this book! It's really hard for me to get into a mystery novel, because the plot seems to drag or stay stagnate for long periods of time; automatically I'm turned off due to it's boredom. Well, "Storm Warning" kept me turning pages. The plot kept thickening, which is key to keep me interested in mystery novels. I'm looking forward to reading more of Dinah McCall's books.
Katrina Holman
One of my good old stand-by romantic suspense books.

I love the way Dinah McCall/Sharon Sala can build you up to expect a certain conclusion while simultaneously leaving clues that make you say in hindsight, "Oh, yeah, I should have seen that coming," when your conclusion doesn't actually end up being the correct one.
Carol
I was hooked by the first page - excellent suspense and romance. I couldn't put this book down - read it in 2 days. I was a little disappointed in that I figured it out during the last 75 pages but a good read none the less. I will definitely be reading more by Dinah McCall
Amy
Ugh. I didn't know it was romance until halfway through. The writing should have tipped me off - I wrote like this when I was 18! The characters are naive and stupid, stereotypes sharing one common voice. I shouldn't have wasted an afternoon reading this....
Pamela(AllHoney)
One of my favorite books by Dinah McCall. This one really gripped me from page one. Someone is killing Ginny Shapiro's schoolmates and it looks like she could be next. FBI Sullivan "Sully" Dean is determined to find the killer before he strikes again.
Dawn
Nov 06, 2008 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Romantic Suspense novels.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of McCall/Sala's books.
McCall/Sala almost never disappoints. This was another one of her great "edge of your seat" romantic suspense books with likeable characters. I usually get through her books pretty quickly because I can't seem to put them down.
Angie Bell
This is an awesome book! I hope everyone will like and enjoy it as much as I have! I really love these mystery/suspense/romances like this book is. It will lead you in circles and then right up to the climax and still leave you guessing.
Jill
I don't really remember anything about this book- it's been a while since I read it- but I do remember I really enjoyed it! I don't always really enjoy books by Dinah McCall/Sharon Sala, but this one has stayed on my bookshelves at home.
Lesli
Typical Sharon Sala/Dinah McCall fare. Fast paced.
Katrin
Was good but kept flopping back and fourth
Sally906
Transferred from my spreadsheet to Goodreads
Marilyn
This book was so good I would give it 9 stars.
Nikel27
Good read, bookcrossing book
Brit
A decent summer read.
Beautiful_Jade
An enjoyable, easy read.
  • Remember Me
Dinah McCall is a pseudonym for author Sharon Sala.

It was a job she hated that drove Sharon Sala to put the first page of paper in an old typewriter, but it was the love of the craft that kept her writing. Her first efforts at writing came in 1980 when she began a book that wound up under her bed. A second book followed in 1981 and suffered a similar fate, but she claims the writing bug had bitten
More about Dinah McCall...
Jackson Rule Mimosa Grove The Survivors Bloodlines Tallchief