Start by marking “Jews and Christians” as Want to Read:
Jews and Christians

Jews and Christians

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This eye-opening dialogue between a rabbi and a Christian scholar challenges Jews and Christians to examine their misconceptions and prejudices about each other's faith. Here, a Christian and a Jew stand on common ground. Rather than simply interpreting their own respective heritages, each seeks to present his own insights into the other's religious community. Topics discu ...more
Published November 1st 1990 by Abingdon Press (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Jews and Christians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jews and Christians

Empress5150
My current Bible study group is delving into Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts. We were encouraged to read this as supplemental material during the Genesis/Exodus study.

I am SO glad I took it on first. I learned quite a bit, which was to be expected; but, more importantly, I learned history, MY history; and, that Judaism and Christianity are united in many, many beliefs.

For this following statement alone, I'm glad I read this book as it truly sums up my own personal feelings (as a Christian):

"Many
Alix
OK, the (very slight) negative first. This is a back-and-forth book, discussing various issues from both the Jewish and Christian perspectives. The negative - Jewish side gets a bit whiney. I have both Jews and Christians in my family, and the Jews agree that this is whiney, too.

However, mostly positives. If you are a Christian, this is going to educate you a lot - a lot of things that Jews take for granted, based on their history, that we ignoramuses are unaware of (since no one teaches this st
Jellen
Very interesting look at the theological similarities and differences among Jews and Christians, and the historical actions and attitudes which have influenced relationships between the two groups. The book is, however, quite dated, referring to the Soviet Union as an actor in the Middle East. I learned much from this book, and it left me wanting to learn more.
David
I read this book as part of a bible study my church is doing. I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was informative and insightful, and I came away with a new understanding of how those of the Jewish faith view those of the Christian faith. I reccomend this to anyone who wants to know more about Jewish-Christian relations.
Janet Mahlum
Janet Mahlum marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Drew Cottle
Drew Cottle marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Eileen Bolender
Eileen Bolender is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2014
Matthew Bradke
Matthew Bradke is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Feb 07, 2014
Leah
Leah added it
Apr 02, 2014
Mike Johnson
Mike Johnson marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Sam Boocker
Sam Boocker is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2012
Dee
Dee added it
Jun 24, 2012
Justin
Justin added it
Apr 06, 2012
Lewis
Lewis marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2011
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011
[Name Redacted]
[Name Redacted] marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2010
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2010
Bright Eminence: The Life and Thought of Jacob Rader Marcus: Scholar, Mentor, Counsellor for Three Generations of Rabbis and Lay Leaders of American Jewry Jews and Christians in Pursuit of Social Justice