Start by marking “Revenge of the Damned (Sten, #5)” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the Damned (Sten, #5)

Revenge of the Damned (Sten #5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  572 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sten had fully expected to die in a blaze of glory, taking his Emperor's greatest foe with him. Instead he was a slave laborer in a P.O.W. camp deep in the heart of enemy territory.
But sitting out the action had never been Sten's style. And now that the war was building to a climax, the Eternal Emperor needed him more than ever. Not even the toughest prison in the known un
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published January 13th 1989 by Del Rey (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of the Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of the Damned

Per Gunnar
It took me a while but I finally went back to continue the Sten series. This book, of course, continues where the last one left off which means Sten is stuck in a POW labor camp. Now, I do not like prison settings so it’s maybe not so surprising that I didn’t like this book as much as the previous ones.

Having said that, the book is still a quite good read. As the previous books it’s well written and Sten is Sten. This is the fifth book in the series though and some of the things that initially m
***Dave Hill
The Sten series continues, this time focused (A plot) on Sten and Kilgour being trapped in various POW labor camps, set against the backdrop of the Tahn War and its bloody Pacific Theater-esque meat grinder. There's fun and drama and action and adventure and humor and the usual high butcher's bill, as back in the Empire B plot) a cabal of prominent industrialists plans the assassination of the Emperor so as to consolidate the power they've gained during the conflict.

Cole and Bunch have hit their
Max
This was definitely my least favorite of the Sten books. Everything was just too convenient. Whenever a tough situation was encountered, the exact right tools were always on hand. There's an element of that in every Sten book, but it's really taken to a new level in this book.
Bryan457
Sten finds himself a slave laborer in a P.O.W. camp deep in the heart of enemy territory.

This is another one of my favorites from this series. I love the whole rebellion within the prison system, and sabotage under the noses of the authorities theme.
Devi
This book should be 3.5 stars

The Sten adventures continue is this volume set in a POW camp. A good addition to the series and a good lite read.
Joe
I liked the Book.. I listened to the audio book and was not impressed with the reader
Pete89
Entertaining, finishing off the sten series I began reading when I was much younger.
Michael
Perfect possible ending of the war, started in a previous book.
canoppus
Давам една звездичка в повече, само защото поредицата ми хареса :)
Barry
Good addition to the series
MXW
MXW added it
Mar 14, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Nikolai Pynev
Nikolai Pynev marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
  • Luna Marine (The Heritage Trilogy, #2)
  • Starship: Flagship (Starship, #5)
  • No Going Back (Jon & Lobo, #5)
  • March to the Stars (Empire of Man, #3)
  • The Truth of Valor (Confederation, #5)
  • Milor! (A Galaxy Unknown, #5)
  • Technokill (Starfist, #5)
  • At Any Price (Hammer's Slammers)
  • Starwolf
Allan Cole (born 1943) is an American author and television writer, who has written or co-written nearly thirty books.The son of a CIA operative, Cole was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and raised in Europe, the Middle East and the Far East. He collaborated with Chris Bunch on the Sten science fiction series, as well the Far Kingdoms Series, and the historical novels, A Reckoning For Kings an ...more
More about Allan Cole...

Sten (8 books)
  • Sten (Sten, #1)
  • The Wolf Worlds (Sten, #2)
  • The Court of a Thousand Suns (Sten, #3)
  • Fleet of the Damned (Sten, #4)
  • The Return of the Emperor (Sten, #6)
  • Vortex (Sten, #7)
  • Empire's End (Sten, #8)
The Far Kingdoms (Anteros, #1) Wizard of the Winds (Tales of the Timuras, #1) The Warrior's Tale (Anteros, #2) Wolves of the Gods (Tales of the Timuras, #2) Kingdoms of the Night (Anteros, #3)