Start by marking “Uh-oh, Calico!” as Want to Read:
Uh-oh, Calico!

Uh-oh, Calico!

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Calico is having a bad day! She falls while chasing a bee, tramples a flower garden, and even spills her milk! Poor Calico! She feels like she can't do anything right... until her mother reminds her that everyone makes mistakes, and she still loves her--no matter what! This second book in the Calico board book series is perfect for even the youngest readers.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published February 5th 2008 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Uh-oh, Calico!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uh-oh, Calico!

Kathryn
This is SO cute!!! The story of a sweet calico kitten who happens to get into some inadvertent trouble but whose mamma loves her anyway due to her good intentions. (Of course, I am partial to cats and we have a calico, so this review is a teensy bit biased--though I think all the trouble OUR cat gets into has been plotted out in her cunning brain ahead of time!)

:-)
Sarah Sammis
Harriet adores cats and since we have a calico she is especially fond of calicos. Most of her favorite bedtime stories are ones featuring cats. Among those is Uh-oh, Calico! by Karma Wilson.

Calico is a kitten, a calico daughter of a calico mother. She's trying to be a big girl and trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately she's young and clumsy. Her mother, though, is infinitely patient.

The illustrations for Uh-oh, Calico! are bright and cheery. Sometimes Harriet and I just look at the pictur...more
Reed Robinson
I love the rhythm that flows with the text in this book. It provides a great beat for children to follow and with which to move along. It provides a great basis for children learning to read by providing repetition and gives cues to follow along. My daughter loves it, and I do too!
Kristie
This kitten is learning how to live in her fur! She makes mistakes but mama cat will always love her. A repetitive phrase allows children to join in and the rhyming text is easy to read.
Dolly
Sep 12, 2008 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading to their little ones
Shelves: childrens, 2008
A cute story about a mischievous kitty. Good for reinforcing that you still love your children, no matter how much trouble they get themselves into.
Megan
May 09, 2012 Megan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: baby-preschool
Little kids will relate to Calico, who always seems to be falling down or making a mess. Luckily, she has an understanding Mama!
Karen
A great book to let your child know that being klutzy or making mistakes is part of life and we love them anyway!
My daughter loves this book! Its rhythm and flow are as fun as the illustrations, and it has a wonderful message.
I love this book and the pictures.
Amber
This book makes all of us laugh.
Karen
Cute rhyming.
Sara
Sara added it
Sep 04, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl...more
More about Karma Wilson...
Bear Snores On Bear Wants More Bear Stays Up for Christmas Bear Feels Sick The Cow Loves Cookies