Start by marking “All the Things I Never Said” as Want to Read:
All the Things I Never Said

All the Things I Never Said

All The Things I Never Said is a collection of poetry and journal-like entries. Throughout the pages you will experience heartbreak, happiness, sadness, and be reminded of what it was like to be a teenager.
Published November 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about All the Things I Never Said, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Things I Never Said

Rache
Jun 30, 2016 Rache rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, 2016-read, poetry
I recognized a lot of quotes I’ve seen on tumblr or another social media. It’s weird thinking a 14-year-old wrote this. There are some things in here I can’t imagine a little girl doing.
All in all, it was very cliché-y and repetitive.
Ashlyn Lawson
Mar 02, 2015 Ashlyn Lawson rated it it was ok
I honestly did not find this book at all poetic or creative. It made me happy to see that the author was 14, and that she had already published a book, but the more I read, the more doubts I had. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all 14 year olds are immature writers, but most of these poems reeked of teenage desperation for sadness. Krell writes about her experience with self harm, and it honestly gave me second hand embarrassment. All I could think was that her family and friends ...more
Noor Alkatheeri
Mar 25, 2016 Noor Alkatheeri rated it liked it
Full of feelings and lovely words..
Katie
Jul 03, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
Spring;
I fell for a boy
who loved the rain
every time
he saw the sky's tears
he would run out
and stand in the middle of the street
so I would chase him
and then complain

because the rain was messing up my hair
or my outfit
and he would always say
"That's because
you aren't feeling the rain
all you're doing
is getting wet"

When spring left
he left too
and I wept
like the sky did
hoping he would come back
to feel the rain
again
Mugren Al-Ohaly
Mar 08, 2014 Mugren Al-Ohaly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
There are some lovely poems in this collection, while others are a bit weak and cheesy in a bad way. The writing needs refinement. It would be interesting to see what she can write with some guidance.
Swan
Nov 11, 2015 Swan rated it liked it
A lovely collection of poems that are lyrical and conceptually potent. Brings feelings of being human and having relationships to the surface in a very beautiful way.
Lizy
Oct 29, 2016 Lizy rated it it was amazing
I love how this collection is so short snd sweet yet to the point. I love that it has typos and it's raw and most of all that it's honest. I feel like Mae Krell isn't putting on airs with her work or trying to be anything she isn't. This book is just poetry from a teen about lost love and trying to find your place in the world. It's amazing.
Sean McGarvey
Oct 30, 2016 Sean McGarvey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10 of 10

Amazing and powerful. Made me feel like I was reading my own story.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has been stuck in the past or struggling to find their own voice.
janine
Oct 09, 2016 janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wish it was longer, didn't want it to end

I loved this book. I loved this book so much. I want her to write a million more. Keep it up.
Baylee Miller
Jun 21, 2016 Baylee Miller rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
I think what makes this book unique is that it was written by a young teenager. I'm very impressed that she took her poetry and put it into the world.

However, these poems are much like the ones I wrote when I was 14. It made me nod and sigh and want to tell the author that there is more.

I think it very well captures the woe and pain of being that age and that time of life- where no one listens to you and your vulnerable and naive. But since it hasn't been too long since I myself was at this po
Cris Anne Perez
Aug 23, 2015 Cris Anne Perez rated it it was ok
I am a bit disappointed maybe because I've read several poetry books already - those which are deeper and are chosen more carefully and this one didn't impressed me so much. Still, considering that the author is just 14 years old, I'm sure that she'll be able to write more promising masterpieces in the near future.

Consistency maybe is the keyword. I didn't expect that I'll be engulfed in all the poems but just I will be touched with most of them. I was able to highlight a few things. The book wa
Destiny
Mar 16, 2016 Destiny rated it really liked it
This was a nice little collection. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I read that the author was fourteen, but I looked at the collection as juvenilia shall we say. As I read it, the poems seemed to improve so I get the feeling they were written over a span of time.

I loved the subject matter no question there. It's funny. Either I'm a stunted or I just don't remember the agony of my teen years. It's probably the latter.
••Bree••
I wasn't a fan. I felt it lacked a deeper meaning. It made sense when I learned she was only fourteen years old when she wrote this book. In that case maybe I would have enjoyed this book more if I was still fourteen years old. I thought in a lot of ways her poetry sounded her age, like she still was learning. I will say I applaud anyone who can speak there truth, if that's by poetry or another way. It takes a lot of bravery.
Jodie
Feb 11, 2016 Jodie rated it liked it
For some reason I didn't particularly enjoy the author's tone, however I have to commend her on the fact that her poetry did not become repetitive. In most collections you can pick out a motif that generally encompasses the book as a whole. So while I didn't really enjoy this book, I saw a smattering of things that I would like to see in Krell's future work; Such as the aversion to motif and free verse quality of her work.
Dianne Crumbley
May 10, 2015 Dianne Crumbley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She's how old.

When I started this book this morning I didn't expect to see a 14 year old girl had written the words. Most people my age will never read these words which tell so much about what goes on in the minds of our youth. So many parents can't hear the chaos in their own child but if one of them would listen to the whole generation they are giving you the answers.. listen
Nancy
Jul 11, 2015 Nancy rated it liked it
It reads like the diary of a teenager wanting to hurt and enjoying the toxicity of certain relationships to feel. I remember this feeling which is why I gave it three stars - otherwise I could scroll through an angst-ridden teenager's Facebook for the same effect.

Alezander Perez
Aug 14, 2016 Alezander Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how to explain it but this way, it touches you.

The way it makes you think twice about how deep the words she is writing are what made pick this up and never put it down. I would recommend this to anyone who is troubled in their own way and would like some advice.
Red
Jan 19, 2014 Red added it
omg mae is a wonderfull author ive followed her on instagram for quite a while now and i can really identify with her words i absolutly love her poems
Cena Keegan
Simple, short and raw

What a sad person. What a deep person. The emotional complexities of the poet are raw, unfiltered and very tangible. Poetry master, no. Enjoyable? Yes.
Binela
May 30, 2016 Binela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Every piece was amazing, hard to put down. Very talented author, looking forward to reading many more of her books
Jordan
Dec 25, 2015 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

Absolutely incredible so intriguing to find a book written just for you. I loved every single page. Each page was a story of its own.
Megan Porcella
Meh..

Some parts I could relate to, but I was expecting and hoping for more of an intellectual stimulation from this book of poetry.
Clifford Foster
Good book.

I enjoyed it. A good read. Very thoughtful. I would recommend this book. Its short and to the point. Interesting.
Brian adams
Jun 18, 2016 Brian adams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book review

Not a bad read, at all. I thought a couple poems were more difficult for me to relate to. However I did enjoy this short read.
Jordyn B
Mar 28, 2015 Jordyn B rated it it was ok
Some of these were not that great.. yet.. Some were amazing..

I really enjoyed:

Shoot
Every Bird Has A Broken Song
Gone
Summer
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2015
Sammie Blakeman
Sammie Blakeman rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Ayssa Nunez
Ayssa Nunez rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2016
April
April rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Kathryn  Baker
Kathryn Baker rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
  • Diplomacy: Theory and Practice
  • سلطانات الرمل
  • نسر بجناح وحيد
  • Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order

“Writing is hard, you know. The fact that you’re just supposed to sit down and have a million thoughts flow into your head is crazy. You could have a week where nothing but sadness floods your mind and you can’t think of anything and then you can have one day where your mind decides to change and goes wild with happy thoughts of even the stupidest things. So if you ask me how I think of what to write, I mean, I have no idea. They come to me, and sometimes they suck, but that doesn’t mean I don’t write them down. You need to write everything. The good and the bad and the sad and the happy, because one day you’ll look to the past and decide to read what you had written a while back. and I guess when you do you’ll be reminded of the friends, the breakups, the love, the loss, the ups, the downs, the rain and the sun. and I guess by then you’ll realize that’s all part of life. and life can be shitty. but fuck it. just live. One morning, any morning, you need to wake up and say to yourself, what the hell have you been doing until now, and you need to go out and live, because frankly, that’s all life’s got to offer.” 5 likes
“Gone