Start by marking “Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)

Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins #5)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  743 ratings  ·  22 reviews
One of the seven is dead, and everyone's reeling:

Adam's done. With love, with school...with everything. Done.

Beth's doing her best to act "normal," but even Reed recognizes devastation, since all he does is fantasize about Kaia.

Miranda's lost too.
Did she ever really forgive Harper?

Only Kane is actually doing something: uncovering how the crash happened -- and why.

B
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Sloth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sloth

The Awakening by L.J. SmithNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Struggle by L.J. SmithThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Three's a Crowd
50th out of 129 books — 70 voters
Slammed by Colleen HooverGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardEasy by Tammara WebberVampire Academy by Richelle MeadLosing It by Cora Carmack
Student-Teacher Affair Novels
131st out of 197 books — 1,193 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina
*Possible spoilers for PREVIOUS books*

Just like Envy, Sloth pulls through in the end.

I found the first half of the novel to drag on. Maybe because I missed Kaia so damn much and the aftermath of the accident didn't really interest me. Everyone is now sucking up to Harper, the world is once more revolving around Harper, and I couldn't care less. If you haven't picked up on it yet, I would have preferred Harper to die. Not Kaia. :(

It does pick up though, as everyone eventually moves on with their
Miranda Potratz
I really enjoyed reading the book “Sloth” by Robin Wasserman. This book is about the lives of a group of teenagers. Now with Kaia gone, everything changes. Harper and Beth can’t live with themselves and have not been the same since the accident. Kane and Adam are trying to get everyone back to normal. Miranda feels lost but in the end starts to turn it around with Harper. Reed, feeling guilty, begins a close bond with Beth and she is not resisting.

Harper is queen bee but definitely does not feel
Alex
These are such a guilty pleasure for me.
Julio Ramirez
When a see it was time for Sloth, I imagined that the character wouldn't be doing a lot of stuff in this book because sloth is basically not doing stuff. I was wrong, the did stuff but stuff the dind't WANT to do. Harper grieved, Beth faced her guilt, Kane became the hero, Reed found his way to let go, Miranda finally understood her own value and Adam... I'm not sure what he did except forgive Kane and Harper for their past mistakes.
Kaia's death changed all of them in one way or another, I'm ama
Meltem Adaici
Serinin en iyi kitaplarındandı, kimsenin ne yapacağı belli değildi. Aralarından birinin ölümü hepsini değişik şekillerde sarsmıştı ve tabiki en çok sarsılan Harper'dı.Kendini toparlaması çok zaman alacağa benziyor, Miranda'yıda kendinden uzaklaştırmaktan son anda vazgeçerek ruhsal sağlığını biraz korumayı başardığını düşünüyorum. Kane her zaman kendinden eminsin ve kendi doğrularınla oynuyorsun ve bana kalırsa içlerinden bu oyunu en iyi oynayanda sensin. Beth'e gelince,senden nefret ettiğimi dah ...more
Stephanie
So emotional. You actually get to c the characters true feelings nd emotions
Jessica
this book was sort of a let down after the drama of wrath.everyone seems to go back to the characters they were in the first book and destroy all the character development. Beth goes back to whiny although her good girl routine does take an interesting nose dive. miranda loses her spine again. Kane seems to be more tolerable in some parts but then hell ruin it the very next paragraph. while i still enjoyed the book it was a little disheartening to read since the other ones all led up to this dra ...more
Caitlin Trepp
I think this is the first time I've picked up a book from this series, and not a lot happened. Most of the characters are acting very differently than they were. I get that they're grieving, but the last book and this one have such a dark tone. The ending to this book was almost as empty as the last... I want to know what happens, but not unless it ends the way I want it to, ya know? For the first time in this series I wonder if the plot has changed less to the natural flow of writing and more t ...more
Mabel
After one of the original seven dies, the six left are now lost and changed. At least, it seemed like it.

Adam is out of school and slowly paving the way for a downfall, Reed is dreaming about Kaia even though he has no chances with her, and Miranda is confused and completely not in tune with the rest of society, as are many of the other members of the seven.

Kane is the only one who is taking action in order to understand how and why the accident happened, and why did the fun that they all had
Jenny
Janelle
Ah, I can't believe that Kaia was the one to not survive! I was really disappointed that she was the one to go, because she was one of my favorite characters. So the only reason why I didn't give this book a higher rating was because it was mostly about Beth, and I really can't stand her. I was pretty upset that she kissed Reed, but I guess I'll get over it. I'm really hoping that the next one will be more focused on Reed, because we really don't know much about him.
Jenee
Ironically enough, Sloth moved a lot slower with its plot development than Wrath did. It took me much longer to read it also. But as always with Wasserman's books, once you hit about 75% completion you can't put the book down. I like that the characters gained a bit more depth in this book. Great read. Great series. Highly recommend it.
Waffle...♥
It just really sucks that Harper can't learn to accept Adam's friendship without thinking he's just doing that to pity her.

Anyways in Sloth... nobody is really doing anything, just getting into more trouble while trying to avoid it. Why can't anybody just get out with the truth and get over it?! Hmm... sins.
WCPL Teens
Part of a series. With Kaia's death, her friends and enemies struggle to continue with their high school lives: Harper wonders if the car crash was her fault, Beth feels guilty for the part she played, and Adam's just trying to regain Harper's friendship. Full of drama and angst.
I really am enjoying this series. However, this is not my favorite book out of it. I think this book did a good job of keeping my attention throughout the story. I am looking forward to the next one.
Justin
I really enjoyed reading this book and I found it very interesting with how the characters dealt with what happened since the ending of the last book
Anissa
Enjoyed & am finally donating as I need to cull bookshelves before moving. Read the whole series & have a soft spot for the movie as well.
Paul Madarasz
Any book that pokes serious fun at the self-help movement is definitely OK in *my* book.
Cornelia (Corrie) Maston
that was rather depressing... but I currently <3 Reed ... le sigh
Gielizza
Less exciting than the other Seven Deadly Sins novel. I think.
Louise Metierre
I liked it. (sorry i'm to lazy to do reviews now)
chelsey
May 06, 2007 chelsey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teenage girls
good book but not the series best
Mage
Mage marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Cheekygryphon
Cheekygryphon marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Chelsie Volpe
Chelsie Volpe marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kayley Jane
Kayley Jane marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • Choices
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • Gardens of Water
  • Hollywood Hills (Alexa & Holly, #3)
  • Crush: 26 Real-life Tales of First Love
  • Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series
  • Envy
  • Rumor Has It (Candy Apple #22)
  • Waking Up to Boys
  • Adored (It Girl, #8)
  • Gluttony
  • Heart of Glass (A-List, #8)
  • Finding Grace
  • The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)
21981
I'm the author of the Cold Awakening Trilogy (Skinned, Crashed, and Wired), Hacking Harvard, the Seven Deadly Sins series, and the forthcoming Book of Blood and Shadow. I'm also a crazed Stephen King fan and David Foster Wallace evangelist with an embarrassing list of Important Books I've Never Read But Can Bluff About Well Enough to Discuss at Cocktail Parties. I'm working on it.
More about Robin Wasserman...

Seven Deadly Sins (7 books)
  • Lust (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Envy (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Pride (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Wrath (Seven Deadly Sins, #4)
  • Gluttony (Seven Deadly Sins, #6)
  • Greed (Seven Deadly Sins, #7)
Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) The Book of Blood and Shadow Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2) Wired (Cold Awakening, #3) Awakening (Chasing Yesterday, #1)

“İstediği zaman gözyaşlarını içine akıtıp gülümseyebilme yeteneğine sahip olmuştu.Bu yüzden de gözyaşlarının gerçek olup olmadığını o da anlamıyordu. Oscar'lı bir oyuncu gibiydi.” 0 likes