Start by marking “Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)

Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins #5)

One of the seven is dead, and everyone's reeling:

Adam's done. With love, with school...with everything. Done.

Beth's doing her best to act "normal," but even Reed recognizes devastation, since all he does is fantasize about Kaia.

Miranda's lost too.
Did she ever really forgive Harper?

Only Kane is actually doing something: uncovering how the crash happened -- and why.

B
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Sloth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sloth

Christina
Nov 27, 2008 Christina rated it really liked it
*Possible spoilers for PREVIOUS books*

Just like Envy, Sloth pulls through in the end.

I found the first half of the novel to drag on. Maybe because I missed Kaia so damn much and the aftermath of the accident didn't really interest me. Everyone is now sucking up to Harper, the world is once more revolving around Harper, and I couldn't care less. If you haven't picked up on it yet, I would have preferred Harper to die. Not Kaia. :(

It does pick up though, as everyone eventually moves on with their
Miranda Potratz
May 16, 2014 Miranda Potratz rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading the book “Sloth” by Robin Wasserman. This book is about the lives of a group of teenagers. Now with Kaia gone, everything changes. Harper and Beth can’t live with themselves and have not been the same since the accident. Kane and Adam are trying to get everyone back to normal. Miranda feels lost but in the end starts to turn it around with Harper. Reed, feeling guilty, begins a close bond with Beth and she is not resisting.

Harper is queen bee but definitely does not feel
Alex
Jan 26, 2010 Alex rated it liked it
These are such a guilty pleasure for me.
Cara Volz
May 23, 2016 Cara Volz rated it it was amazing
Personal response:
I really enjoyed Sloth by Robin Wasserman a lot. It was a very good book, but the plot development took a lot longer than it did in Wrath. Other than taking a little longer to read, it was great to see the character’s evolving from everything that has happened to them recently. Harper and Beth were my favorite to read about in this book.

Plot:
One of the seven is dead, who could that possibly be? Adam's officially done with love, school, and just about everything else. Beth, bein
Meltem Adaici
Apr 18, 2014 Meltem Adaici rated it really liked it
Serinin en iyi kitaplarındandı, kimsenin ne yapacağı belli değildi. Aralarından birinin ölümü hepsini değişik şekillerde sarsmıştı ve tabiki en çok sarsılan Harper'dı.Kendini toparlaması çok zaman alacağa benziyor, Miranda'yıda kendinden uzaklaştırmaktan son anda vazgeçerek ruhsal sağlığını biraz korumayı başardığını düşünüyorum. Kane her zaman kendinden eminsin ve kendi doğrularınla oynuyorsun ve bana kalırsa içlerinden bu oyunu en iyi oynayanda sensin. Beth'e gelince,senden nefret ettiğimi dah ...more
Jessica
this book was sort of a let down after the drama of wrath.everyone seems to go back to the characters they were in the first book and destroy all the character development. Beth goes back to whiny although her good girl routine does take an interesting nose dive. miranda loses her spine again. Kane seems to be more tolerable in some parts but then hell ruin it the very next paragraph. while i still enjoyed the book it was a little disheartening to read since the other ones all led up to this dra ...more
Caitlin Trepp
Aug 01, 2011 Caitlin Trepp rated it really liked it
I think this is the first time I've picked up a book from this series, and not a lot happened. Most of the characters are acting very differently than they were. I get that they're grieving, but the last book and this one have such a dark tone. The ending to this book was almost as empty as the last... I want to know what happens, but not unless it ends the way I want it to, ya know? For the first time in this series I wonder if the plot has changed less to the natural flow of writing and more t ...more
Mabel
Jun 04, 2011 Mabel rated it liked it
Shelves: junior-year
After one of the original seven dies, the six left are now lost and changed. At least, it seemed like it.

Adam is out of school and slowly paving the way for a downfall, Reed is dreaming about Kaia even though he has no chances with her, and Miranda is confused and completely not in tune with the rest of society, as are many of the other members of the seven.

Kane is the only one who is taking action in order to understand how and why the accident happened, and why did the fun that they all had
Janelle
Jun 21, 2008 Janelle rated it liked it
Ah, I can't believe that Kaia was the one to not survive! I was really disappointed that she was the one to go, because she was one of my favorite characters. So the only reason why I didn't give this book a higher rating was because it was mostly about Beth, and I really can't stand her. I was pretty upset that she kissed Reed, but I guess I'll get over it. I'm really hoping that the next one will be more focused on Reed, because we really don't know much about him.
Jenny
May 25, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Waffle...♥
Jan 18, 2009 Waffle...♥ rated it really liked it
It just really sucks that Harper can't learn to accept Adam's friendship without thinking he's just doing that to pity her.

Anyways in Sloth... nobody is really doing anything, just getting into more trouble while trying to avoid it. Why can't anybody just get out with the truth and get over it?! Hmm... sins.
Jenee
Ironically enough, Sloth moved a lot slower with its plot development than Wrath did. It took me much longer to read it also. But as always with Wasserman's books, once you hit about 75% completion you can't put the book down. I like that the characters gained a bit more depth in this book. Great read. Great series. Highly recommend it.
WCPL Teens
Apr 06, 2010 WCPL Teens rated it did not like it
Shelves: shelly-reads
Part of a series. With Kaia's death, her friends and enemies struggle to continue with their high school lives: Harper wonders if the car crash was her fault, Beth feels guilty for the part she played, and Adam's just trying to regain Harper's friendship. Full of drama and angst.
Anissa
Jun 25, 2013 Anissa rated it really liked it
Enjoyed & am finally donating as I need to cull bookshelves before moving. Read the whole series & have a soft spot for the movie as well.
Jul 07, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I really am enjoying this series. However, this is not my favorite book out of it. I think this book did a good job of keeping my attention throughout the story. I am looking forward to the next one.
Justin
Aug 06, 2011 Justin rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book and I found it very interesting with how the characters dealt with what happened since the ending of the last book
Ilayda
Ilayda rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Lotus
Lotus rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Jaquelyn
Jaquelyn rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Mckenzie
Mckenzie rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015
Parisa
Parisa rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Stephanie Lizik
Stephanie Lizik rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
Kristen Fowler
Kristen Fowler rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Sanjana
Sanjana rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2014
WhyYesIYA/Bebe
WhyYesIYA/Bebe rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Amanda Ricci
Amanda Ricci rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Carli Crocker
Carli Crocker rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Shakana
Shakana rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2009
Kaylee
Kaylee rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Taylor Marie Lemley
Taylor Marie Lemley rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
  • Choices
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • French Kiss (Alexa & Holly, #2)
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series
  • Crush: 26 Real-life Tales of First Love
  • Greed
  • Gardens of Water
  • Life Strategies For Teens (Life Strategies Series)
  • 6X: The Uncensored Confessions (6X, #1)
  • Lust
  • Anger
  • Gluttony
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Envy
21981
Robin Wasserman is the author of the novel GIRLS ON FIRE. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, Tin House, The Los Angeles Review of Books, and several short story anthologies. A recent MacDowell Colony fellow, she is also the New York Times bestselling author of more than ten novels for young adults and teaches in the low-residency MFA program at Southern New Hampshire University.
More about Robin Wasserman...

Seven Deadly Sins (7 books)
  • Lust (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Envy (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Pride (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Wrath (Seven Deadly Sins, #4)
  • Gluttony (Seven Deadly Sins, #6)
  • Greed (Seven Deadly Sins, #7)

“İstediği zaman gözyaşlarını içine akıtıp gülümseyebilme yeteneğine sahip olmuştu.Bu yüzden de gözyaşlarının gerçek olup olmadığını o da anlamıyordu. Oscar'lı bir oyuncu gibiydi.” 1 likes