Mistwalker

Mistwalker

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"Quite and adventure tale, a love story, and a damned good ecological drama!"
ANNE McCAFFREY
The jungles of the planet Ver Day were unforgiving to natives--and death for offworlders. Sled-hauler Sal banks didn't like to have to depend on anyone or anything, but she needed extra muscle to pull a sled on her next cargo run, so she hired Meesha Raschad first and found out he wa...more
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published June 1st 1994 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Mistwalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistwalker

Andrea
Ver Day is a jungle planet, crawling with bugs and bities, dripping with mud, sap, and poison. Original settlement there was so difficult only a small minority survived, adapting to living on the planet. They're known as 'greenies' and have a green flush to their skin thanks to eating the local plants.

Ver Day is going through a time of transition - population has increased in the few cities, and off-world immigration is on the rise. A push is being made to change the long-standing laws which lim...more
Tim
Aug 21, 2014 Tim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: scifi
I have enjoyed reading this book. I have purchased five different copies because of rereading. It has a few typos in the book but you can tell what they were really saying. This book would definately make an excellent sci-fi movie. I would have loved a second book following up on all the issues that he was going to aid the planet in dealing with the short comings of their government.
Louise  Dunlap
Jun 11, 2011 Louise Dunlap added it
Recommends it for: If you like science-fiction and/or adventure, you'll love this.
I adore this book and have read it many times. Not only does she create a fantastic enviroment and culture, but it's also an excellent adventure story. Heald packs her story lot of detail that doesn't slow down the momentum of the story, but provides the reader with a wonderful surprises each time they read the book.
Katherine
I truly love this book. I wish there was something else by this author, that it was available on Kindle and on Audio. My paperback copy is falling apart and I'd better buy a replacement while I can still find it. I reread it once or twice a year.
Ralph McEwen
A very interesting story with a rugged smart female leader, the off world male trying to prove himself, a cast of gruffy characters in a world with other kinds of life living in a with the surrounding jungle.
Re
Nov 25, 2011 Re rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: sf, fantasy
Amazing imagination and well-written also. Had heard and read this author just 'disappeared' & that this book was a good read. It was a GREAT read!
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Verevoof
Verevoof marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Laura added it
Jul 05, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Zach Reser
Zach Reser marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Kollisionwhispervortex
Kollisionwhispervortex marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Elisa Bookaholic
Elisa Bookaholic marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Justin Dloski
Justin Dloski marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What's The Name o...: solved! sci fi exiled spacer on jungle world [s] 10 139 Nov 30, 2012 12:47AM
Sword And Sorceress XVIII Bending The Landscape: Science Fiction Sword and Sorceress XI