Start by marking “The City ABC Book” as Want to Read:
The City ABC Book

The City ABC Book

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Every large city is filled with sights and sounds and lots and lots of words. But have you ever looked at the city itself? At the shapes created by wood, concrete, metal and paint? A keen eye and a little inspiration are all it takes to discover a hidden alphabet among the architecture of a bustling metropolis. The City ABC Book features dramatic black-and-white photograph ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Kids Can Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The City ABC Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The City ABC Book

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill MartinAnimalia by Graeme BaseDr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. SeussEating the Alphabet by Lois EhlertLMNO Peas by Keith  Baker
Fun and interesting ABC/Abecedarian books
86th out of 214 books — 125 voters
The Arrival by Shaun TanTuesday by David WiesnerFlotsam by David WiesnerThe Snowman by Raymond BriggsGood Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day
Wordless Picture Books
127th out of 154 books — 238 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca
Doesn't it seem like you are always looking for the book with letters outlined in shots of the city...or is that just me remembering montages on Sesame Street that did that? Print awareness.
David
The City ABC Book by Zoran Milich outlines in red the letters of the alphabet from photographs taken around the city. Lower and upper case letters appear for each letter below or across from each photo. I especially liked the gatepost i and drainpipe y.

On re-reading this I am increasing my rating. By outlining each letter, Milich makes it easy for pre-readers and readers to locate each letter. Milich does a good job of finding the alphabet in the urban environment, though he does have to resort
Rachel
I kind of saw this as an artistic find-the-abc in everyday objects coffee table book. The author, who lives in Toronto, gas outlined every letter of the alphabet in red with a black and white background. The result are beautiful photographs. I hope I am able to do something like this with a camera.
Alnora
Apr 22, 2009 Alnora added it
Shelves: pb-abc
This was a fun book. It's amazing the imagination of authors who come up with creative ideas such as these. I would love to incorporate this with a group of children by taking a tour in thecity and having them find letters too.
Christine
My four year old son loves this book! The best part is that he loves reading it to other people!
Danielle Cooper
Danielle Cooper marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
WCNS
WCNS marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Anya
Anya added it
Mar 07, 2015
Jireh Adalia
Jireh Adalia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Valerie Stephenson
Valerie Stephenson marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Frank
Frank added it
Jan 04, 2015
Mandy Perez
Mandy Perez marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Sue
Sue added it
Aug 29, 2013
Lauri Jones
Lauri Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013