Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Wormery” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Wormery

Doctor Who: The Wormery (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #51)

There's one place in creation where the truth really can be found in the bottom of a glass: Bianca's, a very special and very exclusive little club.

The Doctor, careworn and seeking quiet distraction, gains admission. But his rest and relaxation is soon shattered by the wobbly arrival of louche trans-temporal adventuress Iris Wildthyme. She claims she's on a secret mission
Audio CD, 134 pages
Published November 1st 2003 by Big Finish Productions Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Doctor Who by Robert ShearmanDoctor Who by Stephen ColeDoctor Who by Steve LyonsDoctor Who by Lance ParkinDoctor Who by Steve Lyons
Best Doctor Who Audio Dramas
2nd out of 5 books — 1 voter
Doctor Who by Jacqueline RaynerDoctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Nicholas PeggDoctor Who by Stephen ColeDoctor Who by Robert Shearman
6th Doctor Audios
27th out of 87 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
Jul 28, 2016 Lindsay rated it really liked it
This is a sixth Doctor story without a regular companion, but featuring the first appearance of Iris Wildthyme in the Big Finish main range. Iris is a renegade time lady who has a long history in Doctor Who spinoffs in novels, short stories and audio. In audio she's played by Katy Manning who was the third Doctor's companion Jo Grant. This is #51 in the Big Finish main range.

The Doctor and Iris independently arrive at a night club, Little Bianca's, ostensibly in pre-WWII Germany, but actually in
Mel
Sep 03, 2013 Mel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
Iris singing destroys the universe. You have to love Iris.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
May 26, 2014 Jayaprakash Satyamurthy rated it really liked it
I've skipped quite a few of these because I just wasn't enjoying the ones I had on hand at the time. I'll backtrack at some point, especially the Zagreus timeline. Anyway, this is a very good re-entry to the series, lots of laughs as Six encounters a perpetually drunk Iris Wildthyme in a cabaret that seems to exist at the intersection of various places and times. There's a sinister diva, a bar-owner with secret plans and two factions of wormhole creatures to contend with, and of course the fate ...more
Nicholas Whyte
The Wormery had previously been recommended to me. It is indeed great; I'm not a big fan of Katy Manning or of her Iris Wildthyme character, but with Colin Baker's Doctor they work well, and I love the framing device of Jane McFarlane's dulcet Scottish lilt as Mickey - why isn't she doing more acting? - and the sting at the end as we find out who her listener is. The device of the bar between the worlds - isn't that Callahan's from Spider Robinson? (not that I've read any.) However this version ...more
Anne Barwell
Dec 02, 2010 Anne Barwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-play
The sixth doctor and Iris's interaction was wonderful in this. It's the first time I've heard Iris in an audio adventure - although I'm familiar with the character from the books. Katy Manning does a great job bringing her to life, and I wouldn't have guessed she was the same actress who'd played Jo by listening to her if I hadn't known.

The plot twists were very well done, I guessed one but not the other, and it was an intriguing plot overall with interesting background characters too.
Steven
Jul 20, 2015 Steven rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor-who, plays, british
The Sixth Doctor investigates the mysterious bar known only as "Bianca's". Getting in his way is his old friend Iris Wildthyme, but this time she has a rival for the Doctor's affections — Bianca herself. With Iris getting drunk on Tequila, the Doctor must uncover Bianca's true identity and find out just who the voices are he and Iris keep hearing…
Debra Cook
Jan 21, 2016 Debra Cook rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This is a very confusing story. Worms taking over people to try to live the lives they should have. Throw in Wormholes to different galaxies and it gets more confusing. All this taking place in a 1930's bar in Berlin with a singer who wants to live forever through another time lord. The Doctor has to fix this. Can he?
Angela
Aug 27, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
The Doctor visits a bar and finds a fellow Time Lord, Iris. She's convinced there's something really wrong going on there, and not just her getting drunk. This is a fun story, and is a clever idea. It feels more like an Iris story than a Doctor one though. A good listen.
Christopher Buchanan
Fun story. Lots of good trans-temporal/dimensional shenanigans going on and Sixy and Iris getting scudded in a bar. Good stuff.
Oliver Böttcher
Oliver Böttcher rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Jacqueline O.
Jacqueline O. rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Sebastian
Sebastian rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2010
Ausir
Ausir rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Igor
Igor rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Pascal Engler
Pascal Engler rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2012
Jami
Feb 16, 2015 Jami rated it really liked it
A fun one. I think a lot of people would find Iris irritating, but I thought she was charming.
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Pete
Pete rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Tim Pollock
Tim Pollock rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Kimber
Kimber rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Björn Söderström
Björn Söderström rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Xavier Granville
Xavier Granville rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Jane Washburn
Jane Washburn rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2008
Nick Fuller
Nick Fuller rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Mikael Kuoppala
Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Sofie
Sofie rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
See also: Steve Cole.

Stephen Cole (born 1971) is an English author of children's books and science fiction. He was also in charge of BBC Worldwide's merchandising of the BBC Television series Doctor Who between 1997 and 1999: this was a role which found him deciding on which stories should be released on video, commissioning and editing a range of fiction and non-fiction titles, producing audioboo
More about Stephen Cole...

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 217 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time