Start by marking “Lov na zmaja (Warcraft trilogija Sunčeva vrela, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lov na zmaja (Warcraft trilogija Sunčeva vrela, #1)

Lov na zmaja (WarCraft: The Sunwell Trilogy #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  926 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Ovo je epska priča o spašavanju svijeta Azerotha od sila neumrlih Pošasti! Warcraft: Trilogija Sunčeva vrela predstavlja vam avanture Kaleca, plavog zmaja koji se preobličio u čovjeka kako bi istražio mističnu moć, i Anveene, prekrasne mlade djeve koja skriva čudesnu tajnu…

Izvanredni Jae-Hwan Kimi Richard A. Knaak predstavljaju vam svijet Warcrafta kakav još niste vidjeli...more
Paperback, Manga, 179 pages
Published 2008 by Algoritam (first published 2005)

Philip
*Bleck* Not a big fan. I can understand how a bright kid with ADD or ADHD might be attracted to these books what with some higher level vocabulary and busy pictures that have a million things going on at the same time.

For me the pictures made it seem more like a graphic novel version of the Blair Witch Project. No offense Mr. Kim. They are awesome and detailed, but for me there's just too much awesomeness and detail for one page.

I'm reading these so I can make an AR quiz for them for the kids at...more
Aaron

As a pretty avid player of the game World of Warcraft, I was looking forward to this graphic novel trilogy set in the war-torn island of Azeroth, one of the islands that make up the fantastical world in the game.

The main character is a Kalec, a man who is not really a man. Instead, he is a blue dragon who can transform into a man. He has come to this area of Azeroth to try and prevent the Sunwell from falling under the influence of evildoers. The Sunwell, is a lost source of unimaginable power t...more
Scott
I had no experience with World of Warcraft when I picked up this book, which has amazing art. There is a six-page white on black explanation of the history of World of Warcraft that is confusing, hard to follow, and sometimes downright nonsensical (Titans create a being to fight evil without knowing or understanding what evil is). I fell asleep trying to read this part at night. Once the story proper began, thoguh, I was much impressed. Anveena is wise and powerful, but innocent, although her pa...more
Jerry Xu
Nov 30, 2012 Jerry Xu rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love manga and adventure books with lots of action.
There was a blue dragon named Kalecgos (or Kalec for short) who was shot down by a dwarf's gang and when it had fell, it had transformed into a man. He was saved by a human girl named Anveena and taken to her home. The gang hadn't found the dragon so they had used an orb to find the dragon which had lead them to Anveena's home. Anveena's parents who were also in her house had distracted the crew while Anveena and Kalec escaped by going under the house by going through the trapdoor in her house....more
Liz
I'm really big on WoW at the moment, and while I was dithering about picking up the fiction omnibuses they have released, I thought I'd pick up one of the mangas as a quick read.

I really wish I'd just picked up the book instead.

I'm not a huge fan of manga as it is, but this was just... Ugh. Awful. If you can get past the busy art and the pages of white text on a black background(dear god WHY? Why would you do this to your reader?!), then you'll be rewarded with a totally bland and boring story....more
Aimeekay
This one started off with a few pages of introduction into the WarCraft universe. The brief history gives some back ground on the story itself and I think is great for those not overly familiar with the WarCraft.
I enjoyed the characters. They were well drawn and interesting. My only complaint is that I didn’t get to find out more about the characters. There was tons of action and there was some background given on some of the characters, but not a lot. Altogether the story actually went by very...more
Dorin
Acceptable, but far from stellar. The dialogues are bad, there is too much of Warcraft lingo and too many prerequisites. The story barely stands on its own.

It's not an amazing comic book from the graphical stand-point. It's drawn manga style, and, unfortunately, in black and white. A bad choice for an overall under-mediocre comic.
Claire
May 14, 2007 Claire rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one, actually.
I enjoy reading a bad book for the satirical satisfaction of it all as much as the next man, but this- and the second book as well- was just painful. The only reason why I took the time to read through it was because it was given to me as part of the prize package for the WoW comic contest, and I figured it would be rude of me not to give it the time of day. How wrong I was.

The book couldn't be more generically-drawn, and the plot and characters only bear the slightest, most passing resemblance...more
Samantha
It's been a long time since I've read any comics, but I think this format allows me to enjoy Richard Knaak's writing more than I usually do. Although the 'stuttering' bugged me a bit. Overall it was a good look at the story of Anveena and how Kalec found her.
Tara
Madalina  Mocanu
It is a treat for Warcraft geeks like myself. While I am not an avid comic/manga reader, I do love the art style, it is really expressive and it does add a sense of suspense to the action and plot.

The characters are not yet fleshed out as the plot is at its beginning - the only things I know is from the game itself and the few articles I've read in the Wikipedia dedicated to the Warcraft Universe. Though I can say at this point that Anveena is such an air-head she seems really disconnected from...more
Eri
Stopped by in bookstore and read it there, I'm not quite fond of pictures, I like simply words more. Story was okay, though, if you don't expect extra things.
Federiken Masters
Jun 08, 2012 Federiken Masters marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Federiken by: Qué sé yo
Qué desastre que es Deux, por Dios. No sólo dejan la mayoría de las series que empiezan colgadas sino que cuando se da el milagro de que reediten algo, lo hacen mal. Tal es el caso de esta segunda edición, que a simple vista es igual a la primera sólo que con menos páginas (de propaganda, pero páginas al fin) y con una tapa mucho más fea. Decí que no soy fan de Warcraft para nada (el último que jugué fue el Warcraft 2), porque si no seguro que encontraba más cosas para quejarme. Más adelante ver...more
Grant Wilcock
this is a good bookbut iwonder if this bookled to world of warcraft
Sue
i was weeding the graphic novels and found this was a duplicate. when i looked to see why we had two copies, the one i pulled was an sat/act vocab prep version. it totally ruined the story for me. there was no flow and it made the story sound ridiculous. as i was reading, some of the words that they selected and gave definitions of were illogical since there were much more complex words in the story. the art was great.
Eddie
Great artwork and a good story. There were parts that seemed a bit... off. Though, I suspect it was deliberate and will be explained in the 2nd or 3rd book.

All in all, this is pretty standard fantasy fare. And you don't have to know anything about World of Warcraft to read and enjoy this book.
Steve Blanchette
A bit jumpy and sporatic but that is to be expected with a manga style graphic novel. This is actually the first one I have read and it was good enough for me to finish the trilogy. Great artwork and a bunch of history of Azeroth that is covered in more detail in The War of the Ancients Trilogy by Richard Knaak.
Dima Yakovenko
Поначалу история казалось скучной и что важнее, банальной. Но ближе к середине книге, сюжет стал более интересным, персонажи начали раскрываться и начали происходить крайне интересные события. Плюс стоит отметить замечательный стиль рисунка.
И все эти плюсы позволяют мне поставить пять звезд из пяти.
Christian B.
I really enjoyed the way this book is written and how the story unfolds
Chrissy
Not bad. It's your basic set-up for a quest. A goal, a group of people who don't know each other much, a bad guy, and lots of interesting costuming. My only quibble is with WarCraft itself, which is so convoluted that I spent half my time just reading the back-story.
Vicki
The art was good, if a bit too jumpy during action scenes. Overall the whole thing was a bit busy art wise. Other than that, the story was okay, sometimes the phrasing chosen was jarring.

2.7/5

I'll finish the triology and see how it goes.
Jay Schmitt
Art was good, the lore interesting. Story and characterization not up to some of the other Warcraft novels. It felt rushed to fit the illustrations. An ok quick read for a Warcraft fan.
Shaun Bevill
This manga trilogy gave a good insight to some lore, but overall it wasn't that great. The art was to busy. It was obvious that the author wasn't entirely used to writing for a manga.
stephanie
the art is extra-extra bad. the dwarf hunter doesn't even look like a dwarf; he looks like some grody, dwarf-orc hybrid with enormous lips that don't fit his face at all.
Lord
This OEL manga is IMHO artwork-driven and as such it is an enjoyable reading. The artwork is really great and the story is also not that bad. A good buy.
Matthew
I'm not the type to read many comics, but this one was okay. It had all of the fantasy things you would expect in a book with a cover like that.
Geno Kludt
The artwork (being a Manga) in this is beutiful, any fans of the WarCraft universe and manga should read it.
Sevin
Çizimler güzeldi, sayfalarca efekt sesi olmasaydı bir de.. Ughh, Splaashh, Shufflee bile gördüm evet.
Chris
Good book, the chick is hot lol. Ive never been a big fan of Manga but ive Always love Warcraft
Erica
The story was a little hard to follow, but I'm going to continue with the trilogy.
  • Warcraft: Death Knight (World of Warcraft)
  • Beyond the Dark Portal (World of WarCraft, #4)
  • World of Warcraft: Ashbringer
  • Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects (World of WarCraft, #9)
  • Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #4)
  • World of Warcraft, Vol. 1
  • Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde (World of Warcraft, #12)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Attack of the Bacon Robots! (Penny Arcade, #1)
  • Dragon Knights, Volume 1
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1) Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1) The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1) Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1) The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)