Start by marking “Dialogues: A Novel of Suspense” as Want to Read:
Dialogues: A Novel of Suspense

Dialogues: A Novel of Suspense

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In this electrifying debut, Stephen Spignesi reinvents the psychological thriller with a chilling tale of mounting intensity. Ingeniously crafted and crackling with suspense, here is a puzzle within a puzzle, at the center of which stands a hauntingly enigmatic young woman whose story will challenge everything you think you know....

Six people have been murdered in the ani
Published April 26th 2005 by Bantam (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dialogues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dialogues

Dialogues. Stephen Spignesi. 2005. Bantam Dell. 356 pages. ISBN 0-553-58758-7.

Dialogues by Stephen Spignesi is a genuinely gripping read because once you start, you'll have a very difficult time putting it down for a break. I read this book in one entire sitting last night!

Dialogues details the sentencing of Victoria (Tory) Troy, a certified animal euthanasia technician who murders her co-workers in their animal shelter gas chamber. Tory's intelligence gives readers insight at first into the pos
EJ Knapp
I love it when a writer breaks all the rules, or even some of them, and makes it work. Mr. Spignesi breaks every rule of dialog but one in this compelling book. There are no beats, no dialog tags and, indeed, fully 95% of the book is dialog with very little narrative throughout. And, though I firmly believe that rules are made to be broken, there are some rules in writing that should never be broken. Why? Cause they’re trite as hell. Mr. Spignesi broke one of those and, in my humble opinion, got ...more
Ryan Blanck
November 2008 -- Plumb Memorial Library, Huntington Branch -- Never read this. Will read it in the future soon.
Ardie
Satu kata: Mantap!
Marsha
A young woman, actually a struggling writer, takes the only job she can find. That of euthenagist at a local animal shelter. After doing her job for a short while, she snaps, killing all fellow employees on site. But how? And why?

The story is told exclusively in dialogue and through the short stories Tory (killer) has written. The solution is revealed, a puzzle within a puzzle, which is foreshadowed earlier in the story. Very different.
Pandan Arum
just quite interested at first, but once I read the story I found it hard to stop read this book.. pembunuhan berencana, misteri, psikologi, lil bit filsafat, hukum dan pengadilan.. just like one big great picture compounds with so many puzzle pieces.. one completed another.. and it gives you REALLY unpredictable ending.. cerita yang sangat menarik hingga halaman terakhir buku tertutup..
Yustiyani
A clue in the middle of this story make us realizing the ending. But still it's a brilliant work.
Diane

The "dialogue" style, drew me in from page one, and I had to finish this book in one day. Now if only I could find more authors who write like this one. Mr. Spinesi, I hope you have more fiction planned! Will look for more to come by this talented, debut fiction writer.
Sheila
Dialogues keeps you reading to find out why Tory killed her coworkers. You learn about her life, friends or lack of, and family. It's kind of creepy with the descriptions of the killings and just imagining it happening.
Deirdre
A very interesting book in that everything is written in...you guessed it...dialogue. It's such a different way to write a story that you find yourself getting caught up in it easily.
Ade
I think, this book really give a courage to human who pretend in their life. Simply, but touchable
ayu lestari gusman
sedikit membosankan di awal, tapi memberikan cerita yg tidak terduga d akhir
Bonnie
Wow, this was incredible. Really blew me away. Very creepy.
Nur
Unpredictable story, hidup itu memang harus dperjuangkan ..
Hana Bilqisthi
suka ma alurnya .. menegangkan tapi benci endingnya :(
Sandra
good story but hated ending
Jang Syauqi
Nggak suka endingnya :(
sinta nisfuanna
sinta nisfuanna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sri Ratna Wulan
Sri Ratna Wulan marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Lost Work Of Stephen King: A Guide to Unpublished Manuscripts, Story Fragments, Alternative Versions and Oddities The Essential Stephen King: A Ranking of the Greatest Novels, Short Stories, Movies, and Other Creations of the World's Most Popular Writer Here, There, and Everywhere: The 100 Best Beatles Songs The Weird 100 The Odd Index: The Ultimate Compendium of Bizarre and Unusual Facts