Start by marking “Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents” as Want to Read:
Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents
Preview

Creating Emotionally Safe Schools: A Guide for Educators and Parents

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Something is terribly wrong with our schools. How did a place that should be a sanctuary for kids becomes a source of fear and intimidation? What has happened?

In "Creating Emotionally Safe Schools, "Jane Bluestein offers a plan to return schools to havens of nurturing and learning. She examines environmental, historical, developmental, psychological, sociological, interper
Published August 1st 2001 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about Creating Emotionally Safe Schools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Emotionally Safe Schools

Sally
Jul 04, 2008 Sally added it
Recommends it for: concerned parents of school children
This book was given to me by our local high school guidance counselor. She told me not to be alarmed when I read notes written on the sidelines that say, "tell Sally this".For those who know my world, and know Kayla is coming back, you would understand why this book was given to me...even though Kayla will not be in my home.
Barbara Lovejoy
What a WONDERFUL book! I love the fact that it complements the work of Dr. William Purkey (Invitational Education) and Dr. William Glasser (Quality School). It is filled with so many great concepts and ideas that I look forward to implementing.
Amy
Jan 31, 2010 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: educators, counselors
Excellent read for any teacher, counselor or school administrator. Full of information on how to create an emotionally safe classroom.
Carys Louise
Carys Louise marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lizanell
Lizanell marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Alicia Farley
Alicia Farley marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Erin Paynter
Erin Paynter marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
David
David added it
Dec 12, 2008
Rose
Rose added it
May 04, 2008
A dynamic and entertaining speaker, Dr. Bluestein has worked with thousands of educators, counselors, healthcare professionals, parents, childcare workers and other community members world-wide. She has appeared internationally as a speaker and talk-show guest, including several appearances as a guest expert on CNN, National Public Radio and The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Dr. Bluestein specializes in prog
More about Jane Bluestein...
High School's Not Forever The Win-Win Classroom: A Fresh and Positive Look at Classroom Management Parents, Teens and Boundaries: How to Draw the Line Mentors, Masters, and Mrs. MacGregor: Stories of Teachers Making a Difference The Parent's Little Book of Lists