Start by marking “Trouble on Planet Earth (Choose Your Own Adventure, #29)” as Want to Read:
Trouble on Planet Earth (Choose Your Own Adventure, #29)

Trouble on Planet Earth (Choose Your Own Adventure #29)

SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IS DRAINING EARTH?S OIL RESERVES. CAN YOU CRACK THE CASE IN TIME? Everyone knows that Earth has limited oil reserves. How can they go missing overnight? Is it an evil multi-national corporation? A rogue element in the government? Some crazy scientist? When the trail takes you into outer space, you are terrified for the first time in your life. A myster ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Chooseco (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble on Planet Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble on Planet Earth

Cory
Dec 22, 2015 Cory rated it liked it
What a goofy, goofy little book!! I can't bring myself to dislike it, as so many people have over at another website specializing in reviewing gamebooks like these.

Typical of R.A. Montgomery, this book lacks internal consistency. Depending on your choices, the missing oil might be part of a conspiracy by the OWD - Organization for World Domination, it might be a hoax, there might be no explanation at all, or it might be aliens.

For some reason, the zaniness works in this book but I can't explain
Rebecca
Apr 18, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was ok
Ooh, a green CYOA! This one really speaks to our generation. Of course, it goes without saying that most of the "adventures" end in an early death completely unrelated to the purported alien-oil-stealing plot. (I'm convinced that this series is subtitled: My First Existential Reader or A Child's Introduction to the Meaninglessness of Life and the Inevitability of Death.)

However, diligent page-turners are eventually rewarded with a few spectacular and ecotastic endings.

I'm partial to the star tre
Petercsm730
Jun 18, 2012 Petercsm730 rated it did not like it
If the choices were this book or a blog about sewing custom bonnets for cats, I'd CHOOSE the latter.

Trouble on Planet Earth, Choose Your Own Adventure #29 (or #11 for the reissued series), by R.A. Montgomery may be the worst CYOA book that I've read. The plot follows you and your brother as you try to figure out why all the world's oil has disappeared. I'm just going to bullet point my thoughts on this book. It's a mess.

-Your brother Ned apparently has ESP. Here's the dialogue explaining said po
Dolly
Apr 22, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy choose-your-own adventure books
Our oldest has been bringing home various You Choose books from her elementary school library. And now at our local library we've discovered some of the books from the original Choose Your Own Adventure series that I read when I was a child. I remember loving books like this in my childhood and I am excited that our girls are discovering them as well.

This book features an oil crisis, with very different paths and reasons for the situation. This book has many different paths to follow and we had
Nathan Burgoine
May 30, 2015 Nathan Burgoine rated it really liked it
I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books, and constantly borrowed them from the library. I owned a few, too, and would mark little pencilled notations on all the endings I managed to reach in my own copies (I'd tuck aside a piece of paper for the ones from the library). When I was nine and ten, these books got re-read so many times it was unreal, and they paved the way to me wanting to write, too, as sometimes I got annoyed at an obvious, missing option.
Todd Holland
Jan 17, 2013 Todd Holland rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
As a kid, I really enjoyed the Choose Your Own Adventure series. It was one of the few series of books I collected back in my youth. I was at the library yesterday with my son for storytime when I stumbled upon the row of these looking for books for my daughter to read. I instantly was hit with that great feeling of Nostaliga and had to pick some up.

This one was really well written, although the plot seemed far-fetched, but that was the idea of the adventure books. The book flowed just like I r
CondeDooku
Jun 04, 2015 CondeDooku rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un buen libro tiene miles de problemas y al principio es re pregunton e interesante.
Vege90
May 25, 2015 Vege90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
muy bueno a mi gusto pero muy difícil y tiene una historia bastante atrapante.
Morgan
Feb 27, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
pretty good
Marts  (Thinker)
Jul 29, 2008 Marts (Thinker) rated it really liked it
Whats happening to earth's oil? Adventure #29, Trouble on Planet Earth... in these books the reader gets to be the central character by choosing what path the tale follows through a variety of endings...
Hslc10
Jun 06, 2010 Hslc10 rated it liked it
This book was really good but not well written it told you about these kid super spy kids and it tells about their past adventures and it really leads you to wonder more about the kids.
Emily
Jul 25, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
Just as I remembered it from fifth grade. BTW, jacket copy is misleading--few of the endings involve outer space.
Andrea
Jun 19, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
These books were such a wonderful and engaging idea for a kid- I loved reading them!
Michael
Sep 20, 2007 Michael rated it it was amazing
This book was written by Al Gore
Jasmine Tran
It is such a good book
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Ivy
Ivy added it
Jul 25, 2016
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Luke Miller
Luke Miller marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Nimali
Nimali rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Jeff
Jeff added it
Jul 06, 2016
Mari
Mari rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Nyree
Nyree rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
  • Space Patrol (Choose Your Own Adventure, #22)
  • Hyperspace (Choose Your Own Adventure, #21)
  • Vampire Express (Choose Your Own Adventure, #31)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Inca Gold (Choose Your Own Adventure, #85)
  • Secret of the Pyramids (Choose Your Own Adventure, #19)
  • Secret of the Ninja (Choose Your Own Adventure, #66)
  • Search for Dinosaurs (Time Machine, #2)
  • Mountain Of Mirrors (Endless Quest, #2)
  • Terror on the Titanic (Choose Your Own Adventure, #169)
Raymond A. Montgomery (born 1936 in Connecticut) is an author and progenitor of the Choose Your Own Adventure interactive children's book series. Montgomery graduated from Williams College and went to graduate school at Yale University and New York University (NYU). Montgomery has devoted his life to teaching and education.
More about R.A. Montgomery...

Choose Your Own Adventure (1 - 10 of 185 books)
  • The Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #1)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4)
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • Your Code Name Is Jonah (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)
  • Deadwood City (Choose Your Own Adventure, #8)
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)