Start by marking “A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul: 101 More Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,222 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The runaway bestseller Chicken Soup for the Soul captured the imagination of millions of readers with its uplifting message of hope and inspiration. With a nation still hungering for more good news, Canfield and Hansen went back to work and cooked up another batch of life-affirming stories to warm your heart and soothe your soul.

Through the experiences of others, readers f

Paperback, Large Print, 446 pages
Published April 1st 1996 by HCI (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A 2nd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul

Melissa
So if you couldn't tell by the title, this is the 2nd book in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Not that you have to read them in order. Since they're a collection of short stories, you can read whatever book in whatever order you prefer. I do think starting at the beginning is always better though, because in the case of this series, it's when the work is more original and not repeated a thousand times over.

Chicken Soup for the Soul in its second helping is much like the first book in that
Marina
This book is fantastic so far. I amd on the section< "On Dying" and just read the story(forgot the tital) about when the man who was a Marine went to another Marines house to tell the wife of the soldier that he past away. Puting myself in the position of this man really made me think. How would it feel to wake up everyday and think, "I am going to die today."? Then I thought of how difficult it would be to go to people you have never met before and tell them they will never see their father ...more
Alyse 6th Marie
I Loved this book, in my own words i thought the author did fantastic. What i loved most was how the stories in the book ether made me think about things in another way, softened my heart, or just make me laugh.
I would recommend this to anyone. I think that if someone were to read the second series of chicken soup for the soul, I think they will injoy it and be inspired with some of the heartbreaking, funny, heart toughing, and just a story your amazed by type of stories.
That is one of omy fa
Kristi Handayani
banyak cerita menyentuh, membangkitkan semangat, membuat menangis, mengingat orang-orang yang dicintai selama hidup dan bagaimana cara menjadi berkat bagi orang lain. Inspiratif.
Fabi
Muy buen libro y hace honor a su nombre, realmente reconfortante
Lord
I read my first "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book when I was in high school about 18 years ago. My friend lent it to me. As I read this book, I could not help but be moved by its stories. To my friend who lent me her book ... thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Miranda
Inspiring and thought-provoking. Reading this collection of stories gave me a stronger thirst for life -- to help others, to learn as much as I can during this life, and to improve myself and work on my personal development on a daily basis.
Chris
I loved the first book! Many of the stories touched me deeply. I felt that this books stories were not nearly as touching or poignant as the first. There are still some gems to be found between the covers though. The first book spoiled me.
luciddreamer99
A very inspiring set of stories, poems, and quotes. You will probably tear up a little bit at some of them (or many of them, as I did). I had never read a Chicken Soup book, but if they are all like this one, I will gladly read more.
Ameer
I was absolutely moved just having read 3 stories from "On Learning" section; And hope started to build up inside me when I read "Overcoming obstacles." This book is a true inspiration. I recommend it with a full 5-star rating.
Pauline
This is an enjoyable book for reading while travelling on planes and trains. Since they are short stories, getting interrupted is never a problem, though laughing and shedding a tear may be.
Ali akh
Oct 11, 2007 Ali akh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
کتاب خیلی خوبی هست تو ایران به عنوان غذای روح چاپ شده به همه توصیه می کنم که بخوننش هر روز یک مقداری ازش کمک می کنه که روح ادم لطیف بمونه
Manol Trendafilov
A few stories about ordinary people family relationships ... it makes me inspired and open my eyes.
Lisa
Have been needing to read inspiring books lately and Chicken Soup fits the bill!
Kimberlyn
short stories of encouragement and perseverance. a lot like reading Reader's Digest
Kbzaveri
Have read this book, amazing stories to keep you going on despite odds.....
Ananya
Life stories are fantastic... i'm continuing to take inspiration...
intrepide fille noire
Awesome book...I like the stories....nice read...recommended..
Barbara
Feb 27, 2012 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I love all the short, inspirational stories in these books.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Heartwarming stories that just make you feel good.
Crystal
its a good book to uplift u when ur down n touches ur heart
Partridge Public
Canfield,Jack 158.12
Carly
Chicken Soup. It's always amazing :)
Traci
Not as good as the first. LOL
Jonathan Plowman
Another great bowl of Chicken Soup!
Rissa
Beautiful short stories.
Ghddo
Want to move on?? read it
Thk
Classic heartwarming stories
Jody Heil
LC Call No.: BL624.C457 1995
Gena
Great book I loved it.
  • The Dale Carnegie Leadership Mastery Course: How To Challenge Yourself and Others To Greatness
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family
  • The Secret Window
  • Body Outlaws: Rewriting the Rules of Beauty and Body Image
  • The Kid
  • Never Again: Securing America and Restoring Justice
  • Taste Berries for Teens: Inspirational Short Stories and Encouragement on Life, Love, Friendship and Tough Issues
  • Preaching
  • Random Acts of Kindness
  • Moral Compass: Stories for a Life's Journey
  • A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer: Writings to Stop Violence Against Women and girls
  • Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' With Mother Nature

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)