Start by marking “Dangerous Island” as Want to Read:

Dangerous Island

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  7 reviews
178 pages
Published 1956 by Dodd, Mead and Company

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Island

Michelle
So out of date now, but I found this at my grandmother's when I was a young girl and I still love the story. Totally unrealistic, really not that well written but on par with a Magic Treehouse book for sure.

Story is about 3 kids who get washed away from Brigantine Island on a raft and land on an island.
Debbie
I had read this book when I was a kid, many decades ago. The "What is the Name of That Book" group here on Goodreads helped me find the name of the book. A joy to be reunited with an old friend. Reading it in 2 days, I found the book as much a delight as I did when I read it all those many years ago. And just as exciting, even though I knew how it ended. I hope one day I will be the source of the name of a much loved story for someone else in the group.

Frank and Dorothy have come with their moth
Dave/Maggie Bean
I read this abomination under duress, back in '76 -- and I hold a grudge against my teacher to this very day. Tearing a fourth-grader away from his Poe, his Tolkien, his Stoker (and his totally cool books on dinosaurs, Indians, knights, rocks, plants, folktales, ghost stories, etc.) and forcing him to read this kind of dross is child abuse.

Halfway through the book, I found myself praying (in a manner most blasphemous and un-Baptist) that a tidal wave would engulf the island, and that the "Bay Pr
Jillian
I read the first few chapters to my seven year old and then she couldn't stop reading it herself. She finished it in two days. So far she says it is her favorite book.
Paul
I read this book when I was in elementary school in the 1960's. It was so amazing I remember it all of these years later.
Stephanie
I read this when I was 9. I was so excited to find a copy and read it to my fifth grade students. They loved the book.
Avrom
I read it when i was eight and a half, the first chapter book i ever read, i couldn't put it down.
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Michael Griffin
Michael Griffin marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Eleanor
Eleanor marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
caitlin king
caitlin king marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
S
S added it
Apr 15, 2014
Jim Kelly
Jim Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013