Start by marking “Ruin Me” as Want to Read:
Ruin Me

Ruin Me

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The sexy New Adulte-original from Jamie Brenner, in which Lulu has everything except the one thing she never knew she desired—until now.

She lives in a world of beauty.

His life is shrouded in darkness.

When they meet, she must choose between everything she has and the one thing she has always desired.

Lulu Sterling thinks she has it all figured out: with one more year left a
Published May 6th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Ruin Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin Me

Cheryl
May 10, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it
Lulu Sterling is finishing college. She is volunteering at her mom's upscale art gallery. Her boyfriend, is an artist. His name is Brandt Penn. However Lulu would rather be spending her summer back packing in Spain. Lulu goes outside for some fresh air. It is outside where she spots GoST for the first time. Yes, this is his name or I should say his tag name. He was hanging in the air by a harness and painting on the side of the building. He signs the painting with his tag, GoST. Since then all L ...more
Talk Supe
May 09, 2014 Talk Supe rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Talk Supe Review

Literary yet still very pop fiction, that's my summation of Jamie Brenner's new adult novel, RUIN ME. Maybe it's just me or whatever shiznit I'm on but the tone of the story is highbrow artsy like the story. The plot is set in the New York art world which was surprisingly very cutthroat and Anna Sterling is the Grand Dame of that world. So it goes without saying that she wants her daughter, Lulu to succeed the throne but the latter has something else in mind. Not only that, Anna'
SuperWendy
May 15, 2014 SuperWendy rated it really liked it
I loved the world-building in this story! Art world in New York City meets primetime soap opera. The romance between the heroine and a mysterious street artist was pretty typical New Adult fare, and mostly OK for me. Really, I was in it for the world, the soapy shenanigans, and ultimately to see if the heroine would "grow" into her own person. Which, she does. For the most part. I think I would have preferred it had she done this without the aid of the hero - but hey, romance novel. You kind of ...more
Wendy
May 17, 2014 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-14
Jamie Brenner's new adult romance, Ruin Me, awakens memories I have of Beauty And The Beast. Lulu Sterling lives in a world of beauty and GoST's life is masked with darkness.
Lulu thinks she knows what she wants; with one year left at NYU, she's interning at her mother's renowned art gallery for the summer, determined to prove herself to her critical mother and try to overcome the constant recollection of her father's suicide.
Lulu hopes she will finally find love and passion with her boyfriend,
Tbird London
Dec 05, 2014 Tbird London rated it really liked it
Ruin Me was a quick and easy ready with very interesting characters, but they all seemed to be doing their own thing. While I wasn't as intrigued with the plot as I could have been, I was taken in by the way the author told the story. The only real connection I felt between the characters was when they were trying to manipulate others for their own agenda or beginning to find their own way in life.

Lulu was probably one of the only characters that were actually trying to break free, so her manipu
Under the Covers Book Blog

What a pleasant surprise to read a book with an idea I've never read before! Lulu Sterling, our heroine, is the daughter of one of New York's most well known and respected gallery owners. In the art world, she's like a princess waiting to inherit that status after she graduates NYU. She's even dating a talented up and coming artist. But in living that sheltered life she's also never experienced many things. Felt many things.

But she has a passion for street art. She even documents it on her Inst

Marlene
May 18, 2014 Marlene rated it really liked it
Ruin Me is a new adult romance that definitely lives up to the meaning of the label. The story is all about Lulu Sterling breaking away from the larger-than-life personality of her mother Anna Sterling and finding her authentic self, both in her choice of career and in romance. Anna Sterling is a legendary art dealer and finder of new artists; but she has decreed not just that Lulu will follow in her footsteps by taking over her gallery, but she is also believes herself to be the arbiter of Lulu ...more
Chanpreet
Aug 12, 2014 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
I do believe this is the first New Adult novel set in the art world I've read. I had no idea the art world was so cut throat! I'm not sure what it was I was expecting, but this book was full of drama and action.

As a fan of art in all its forms I was surprised to see the disdain with which street art like GoST's was treated compared to traditional art like Brandt Penn's. Now seeing how one art installation caused traffic to shut down and the bomb squad called out, I can see why it's not looked o
Lovedaisy
Apr 28, 2015 Lovedaisy rated it it was amazing
wow! just wow...I didn't expected much at first, might be just sad love story between two worlds..but, wow, this book really has interesting characters... the conflict, the artsy world, the mystery GoST, urgh, everything r just out of ordinary... love it!
Julia Tagan
May 10, 2014 Julia Tagan rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced, smart NA contemporary romance explores the upscale New York City art world of art openings and fashionistas with a wry wit, a plot filled with unexpected twists, and an insider’s knowledge of Manhattan and its boroughs. The protagonist, Lulu is torn between her love for a gritty, anonymous street artist and the approval of her mother, an intimidating gallery owner who wants her to follow in her footsteps. Every character is layered with complex, conflicting desires, including In ...more
Iris
Nov 26, 2014 Iris rated it really liked it
Lulu appears to have it all. A wealthy mother, a gorgeous boyfriend, and a career most people would kill for. When she runs into an incredibly talented street artist everything changes. When everything around her starts to crumble she turns to GoST and as their relationship develops she begins to wonder what she wants to do with her life. Can she get GoST to let her in or is he just a pit stop on the road to the rest of her life.

GoST has been his identity for so long, and he planned on keeping i
Michele
Jun 12, 2014 Michele rated it really liked it
‘I worry that he will climb any mountain to stay out of reach of normalcy. That he will always be one step away from me–from us. It scares me because the only future I can see for myself is one with us together.’

Ruin Me is a New Adult novel that is at times cynical, at times hopeful, and which gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on in the fast-paced world of art.

I find that whenever I read a book set in NYC written by someone who has lived there, somehow there is a balance of grittin
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

What a pleasant surprise to read a book with an idea I’ve never read before! Lulu Sterling, our heroine, is the daughter of one of New York’s most well known and respected gallery owners. In the art world, she’s like a princess waiting to inherit that status after she graduates NYU. She’s even dating a talented up and coming artist. But in living that sheltered life she’s also never experienced many things. Felt many things.

But she has a passion for street art. She even documents it on
Christa
Aug 29, 2015 Christa rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
While I didn't dislike this one, I found it to be just okay. The characters were ones that I had difficulty connecting with and caring about. I thought the street artist storyline was a little odd, but it did hold my attention. The book was interesting. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an ARC in return for an honest review.
Michelle
ARC Received on behalf of St. Martin's Press from NetGalley.
Melissa Harvey
Melissa Harvey rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 29, 2015
Reet
Reet marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Itorres
Itorres marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Jenny Marie
Jenny Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Jennifer Allen
Jennifer Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
DjeniiB
DjeniiB marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Beautiful Coincidence
Beautiful Coincidence marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kayleighj
Kayleighj marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Danielle Schneider
Danielle Schneider marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Kelly Dunn
Kelly Dunn marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jamie Brenner is the author of THE WEDDING SISTERS, coming June 2016 from St. Martin's Press. Her previous novels include The Gin Lovers, chosen by Fresh Fiction as one of the Top Thirteen Books to Read in 2013. Her favorite authors include Elin Hildebrand, JoJo Moyes, and Kristin Hannah. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters and is always on the hunt for her next great rea ...more
More about Jamie Brenner...