Start by marking “Part of Me” as Want to Read:
Part of Me

Part of Me (Shadow Shifters; Damaged Hearts #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Shadow Shifters: Damaged Hearts - a deeply emotional, unforgettable New Adult paranormal romance series by A.C. Arthur about the men who are sworn to protect the females - human or otherwise - from the savage fury of his own nature…

Lidia Morales has always felt out of place. The one stable presence in her childhood has always been Brayden. Every major moment, every growing
Published May 13th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Part of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Part of Me

Heather andrews
I loved this installment of this series, Brayden is something else, "I've gotta do this," he said, his face steadily inching closer to mine. "I'm gonna die right now if I don't taste you." There were a few times the boy was an a**, "Lidia's an old friend," he was saying as Kyra's big brown eyes stared up at him in question. "And Kyra's a new friend," he told me with half a smile." The boy gets off on some weird things, "Lidia looked like she was ready to rip Kyra's eyes out. I never figure that ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Lines “Lidia.”
He said my name so simply, so familiarly, I couldn’t help but stop and for endless seconds,
consider, wonder.”

“You belong wherever you want to be, Lidia. You can do whatever you want to do. The
choice is and always will be yours.”

“Wherever there’s good, bad will always follow,”

“I told you before, Lidia, you are a part of me. An integral part that if torn away would leave
me for dead. You are my soul, my heart, my air.”

“You are my companheiro, ” was my reply. Putting my hands
Emily
Brayden knows that Lidia Morales is his mate, but when he finally acts on his feelings for her she rejects him. His one concern is letting Lidia have the time to come to terms with her feelings for Brayden, but after some distance they find themselves back to square one. With outside dangers, Brayden makes a decision and it is time for complete honesty when it comes to Lidia, will she be able to handle the truth though?

The second book in the Damaged Hearts series. I felt for Brayden, he doesn't
The Book and The Harlot's Blog
Part of Me is the second book in the Shadow Shifters: Damaged Hearts series by A.C Arthur. I’ve given her two paws up for this emotional ride. A.C definitely ratcheted up the heartache and sexual tension for this novella.

Lidia has always felt she was on the outside looking in, never good enough. Due to her family's past, she doesn’t feel worthy. But, the one constant thing in her life has been Brayden. Her best-friend, confidant and savior. One day everything changes and Lidia has to fight her
Jessica Figueroa
When everything seemed to go wrong for Lidia, the one thing that was the constant good in her life was her best friend Brayden. After a heated kiss Lidia knew things would change but she refuses to let her attraction for her best friend changer her course of wanting a normal life as a teacher. Should she be with him then she knows that she'll end up being tied to being a shapeshifter and all the responsibility that goes with it. All she wants is the choice to be herself.

I really enjoyed this sho
Melissa Saneholtz
Part of Me was an interesting spin on the whole shifter concept. The fact that it focused on one type of shifting "clan" made it easy to follow along and not overly confusing like other books I've read. I love first person and dual POVs is even better. This book did it right. You weren't getting the same scene play by play from each POV, so the story flowed smoothly and didn't drag on.

I'm going to be honest and tell you that Lidia could've ruined this for me. I found her to be annoying, self-cen
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
After Aidan, it's the turn of Brayden to have to cope with the feelings to be in love and to deal with a recalcitrant soul-sister. In Part of Me, it's to the second brother of the Sanchez's family to make his appearance and the beautiful Lidia will show some hells to him. Common past, paria among her people, will to protect their clan, to be a true Shadow Shifter and especially the pangs of passion when two companheiros meet, the couple knew all of this and will not come out from it unscathed.

L
Marta Cox
This is the second instalment of the Damaged Hearts series and we get to meet Brayden the second brother in the Sanchez family. The Sanchez family are part of a race of Shadow Shifters whose innermost cats fight to come out to play but these strong brothers are large and in control but sometimes life throws a curve ball!
Lidia has spent most of her life protected by the Sanchez family as they took her in when her mother died and her father just walked away. She's always been treated as one of the
Mara
This is a short novella that hinted at a longer series I clearly don't know about. You don't get much world-building in it, in part because of its short format, but also because it may have been explained somewhere else.
Unfortunately, this left me with quite some confusions on the reasons why the heroine is so worried about her fate of a maybe-rogue.

It's clearly a NA series, where you'll get a YA theme (the pains of growing) but with sexual overtones in it. Still, you are dealing with a 20 yo
Michelle
Lidia and Brayden have grown up together. Brayden has always known Lidia was his mate , his companheiro. He understands her and has always been there for her. Lidia is trying to deny her true self. She doesn't want to be part of that world, or to become a rogue like her uncle. She constantly fights her desire for Brayden, and Brayden doesn't give up, he can't. I loved him. His feelings for Lidia were so intense and he was very protective of her. There is plenty of heat between them, though sex i ...more
Arzella
I felt like I was missing something throughout the story. I did not read them in order, but the book seemed rushed and so I thought I was missing something. I am going to read the first one tonight and it might clear up some stuff. I think I needed 2 - 5 more pages of world building to make the book seem complete.

Overall, the writing style was good, there was one editing issue that confused me. I think she meant Astronomy and not Astrology. The author seems to have a good style and way with word
Kimberly
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts This is the second in the series and while sweet just like in the first book I felt it is more for the YA. That being said it is still a fine read even for an old person like me. There is very little paranormal in this story even though both are shifters. Being a short read it is nice to have between longer novels just be ready for the feeling that you are watching a couple of 20 year olds deal with life.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary c
Clever Girl
I liked Lidia. She's smart and practical and stubborn. She's also complicated girl. She wants a normal life, she wants to be best friends with Brayden - not more:

"...I rolled my eyes and sighed inwardly because I knew I was being unreasonable. Being upset with Brayden because he'd been right all along was petty. Being upset with my DNA was even more pointless. But dammit, I wanted to be upset! I didn't want to have a mate and I especially didn't want that mate to be Brayden." (ebook, location 1
Angela Goodrich
Part of Me is the second novella in the Damaged Hearts series. Just as Aidan rebelled against being a Shadow Shifter in book one, Lidia does the same in book two but for an entirely different reason – she wants to shed her shifter life and live as a human so that she no longer feels judged because of her uncle’s actions and her parents’ desertion. Because of this, she fights her instincts and the draw of her mate, insisting that her feelings are limited to that of siblings as the Sanchez family ...more
Kristen
This was a great quick read as the second installment to the Damaged Heart series continues with Brayden and Lidia’s story. I came into this series not reading the first, but I have to say I wasn’t as confused as I thought I’d be, however now I’m more intrigued to read the first because I have to know some answers. Plus I want to know more about Aidan and Grace, if Brayden and Lidia’s story was intense, I’m hoping for a great story with the other couple.

Since this was such a short story, I won’t
The BookWhisperer
I guess there are reasons why a series is called a series; meaning they should be read in order. I guess I should have read the first book to help my confusion. But really, even if I read the first book, I feel like this book would still be lackluster in my mind. Nothing held my interest in this novella.

I, unfortunately, did not connect with the main characters or felt passion once while reading. So I am sad to say that this book wasn’t my cup of tea.

~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~
Jackie Roberts
Part Of Me, the second book in the Shadow Shifter's Damaged Heart Series by A.C. Arthur was fantastic.

Lidia Morales and Brayden Sanchez grew up together. As they matured, so did their love. Lidia did not want to date Brayden because he reminded her where she came from. Lidia wanted to have a normal lifestyle outside of the shifter world.

Brayden knew what he was destined to do in life, his only problem was convincing Lidia that they belong together.

In this book A.C. gives us two shifters who ar
Miranda

Toni
Lidia Morales and Brayden Sanchez (Aiden’s brother) grew up together and normally had a brother/sister type relationship,..until he kissed her while they were studying for finals in their junior year of college. Although it was an amazing kiss, Lidia knows that being with Brayden romantically could take away her chance at the normal life she desires. Her fear of becoming a rogue Shifter, like her uncle, and betraying her tribe fuels her plan to nip this attraction in the bud.

However, there’s dan
Madhellena
Man, this was bad... I knew there was a reason I hate New Adult stories and this right here is a perfect example. The writing isn't bad, but the story is so filled with teenage angst that I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Sorry, not my cup of tea.
Carol Clarke
Krista

Review to come soon.
Sandy
I felt that this 2nd addition to the series was a major improvement in writing style to the 1st novella, and felt more like the original Shadow Shifter series, except in a NA tongue. I enjoyed the tale and the inner conflict that occurs between the characters in this glimpse of a family drama in the larger unit of Shifters.
JoJo
JoJo marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Aroha
Aroha marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Narwit
Narwit marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Saniya Salema
Saniya Salema marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings.
More about A.C. Arthur...

Shadow Shifters; Damaged Hearts (3 books)
  • Mine to Claim
  • Hunger for You
Temptation Rising (The Shadow Shifters, #1) A Cinderella Affair Winter Kisses Defying Desire Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2)