Start by marking “Savage Kiss (His to Claim, #2)” as Want to Read:
Savage Kiss (His to Claim, #2)

Savage Kiss (His To Claim #2)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  261 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Opal Carew comes the second installment in a red hot erotic mini-series that will rock your world.

Published June 3rd 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Savage Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Kiss

Duchess Nicole

Despite the somewhat convoluted and icky feel of the first installment to this story, I was still very interested in continuing. However, this second part of the story solidifies the fact that this serial series is stuffed full of erotic tropes but lacking in real plot.

Billionaire businessman hero...
Alpha rock star hero...
(yes, you read that right...he's a billionaire businessman AND an alpha rock god)
Oh, so innocent and ditzy heroine
Chance meetings leading to hot sex
Lots and lots of sex
Ma
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. I think reading this installment kind of proves the point that in serial novels, a weakness is that some parts may be stronger standing by themselves than others, and some middle points of the released serial can come across as weak considering their beginning and end points.

For "Savage Kiss", the second narrative in Opal Carew's His to Claim serial novel, the weaknesses really stood out in comparison. I don't know if some of these may be fixed in the final version
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
In this installment we find out that Rafe's other alter ego, his rock star alter ego named Storm. Now my problem with this is I don't really know what kind of band Storm belongs to. Are they famous? What kind of music do they play? A lot of details are left out and the reader is left trying to fill in the blanks.

On a positive note, Melanie and Rafe/Storm relationship is getting somewhere.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Angie Elle
Oct 12, 2014 Angie Elle rated it liked it
***This book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***

While I enjoyed this second installment of His to Claim, I couldn’t help but feel like something was missing.

It was a little odd to me that Melanie, who has know Rafe for years, suddenly started referring to him as ‘Storm,’ his stage name, in her head. Even if she was fantasizing about him as Storm while they were having sex, I would think that her inner dialogue would still refer to him as Rafe, as that is who he has bee
Jay
Aug 01, 2015 Jay rated it really liked it
ARC courtesy of NetGalley on behalf of the publishers

parts 1-5 read and reviewed together

in the His to Claim series, Opal Carew has provided another fun, sexy, easy to read story. following on from the His to Possess series, this one follows Melissa & Rafe. as always, there's the ups and downs of a new (maybe) relationship, with plenty of hot chemistry between them.

only trouble is, I only have ARC's for the first 5 parts & now I'm left hanging, at a critical moment in the story, waitin
Dana
Jul 18, 2014 Dana rated it it was ok
In the second installment of the His to Claim series, Melanie and Rafe have declared their mutual attractions to one another. Rafe, in his effort to get away from his father years earlier, went on the road with his rock band Savage Kiss as their lead guitarist. Once his father passed, Rafe stepped up to the plate to help his brother Dane run the family company, but rock music is in his blood, so on weekends, Rafe still plays in the band. For this installment, Rafe invites Melanie to one of his o ...more
Ryan
Jun 23, 2014 Ryan rated it really liked it
(Review for parts 1-5) I will admit before I have read a Opal Carew book and so disliked it that I did not Finnish it. However I take each book at its own merits, but I wanted to be honest. I am enjoying this book and was irked that I didn't realize there was 6 parts so I am still waiting to finish it. I have enjoyed the variety of scenes in the books and I love the break down in the parts. I could read the book cover to cover, but I love it being broken down for me, so I do not have to decide w ...more
Monica Cullip
Jun 08, 2014 Monica Cullip rated it really liked it

His To Claim #2 (Savage Kisses)
Opal Carew
Part two is this series certainly lives up to its name " Savage Kisses."
Melanie and Rafe act on their attraction to one another and take things to the next level, sexually , or they would have if they were not interupted by her friend Jessica. Poor Melanie was so close to having her hearts desire, to be that close to the man that she has secretly loved for years.
Things are looking up for her though as he presents her with tickets to see his show. His band
Monica Cardoza
Jun 01, 2014 Monica Cardoza rated it really liked it
OMG, OMG, OMG HOT, HOT, HOT

This second installment of His to Claim: Savage Kiss was seriously steamy, hot. I could not believe Melanie and Rafe and how they are meant to be together that kiss was hot. Then the moment was broken damn Jessica how could she they were about to get it on.

Melanie knew that the moment that his lips touched her that she was a goner. Rafe can’t believe that he is kissing Melanie but it feels so right. I love that Rafe invited Melanie to see him play in an outdoor concer
Ilana
May 30, 2014 Ilana rated it really liked it
Title: Savage Kiss
Author: Opal Carew
Publisher/Year: St Martin Press / Macmillan 6/3/14
Length: 29 Pages
Series: His to Claim #2

Overview

Rafe Ranier was my boss and secret crush. A rock musician by night and head of a billion dollar empire by day, Rafe could have any woman he wanted. But I was just the shy secretary he never noticed. For years I obsessed over him, until I finally realized I had to walk away. I needed to break from the secure life I’d always known to discover who I really was.

I neve
Kay the Snitch Bitch

His To Claim: Parts 1-5 by Opal Carew

This is a series of novellas. I have read parts 1-5. The sixth part is not out yet and this series has cliffhangers.

Rafe is a musician and it really is a balm to his soul. The band has just made it big but he has decided to go home to help his brother run their corporation. That's right, he's a billionaire too. He muscled,tattooed and sexy.while he was back home at his company, he had an assistant named Melanie. She was invaluable to him at work. She left be
May 28, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
Melanie goes to a show of Rafe's(Storm) and watches him perform. After the show, the sexual build-up comes to a head and they end up having sex...against a tree. Melanie is later introduced to the other member's of Rafe's band, Savage Kiss (hence the name of the story, where surprise surprise, one of the other member's of the band is taken with her. At the end of this short, Melanie is stuck in a predictable scenario; does she see where things go with Rafe/Storm who has made it quite clear he do ...more
Michelle Rodriguez
May 21, 2014 Michelle Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
So book 2, Rafe (or rather Storm) invites Melanie to one of his shows. She is consumed with watching him play guitar. They have explosive sex right after the show. His band mates invite Melanie with them for drinks. Travis (the lead singer and who also happens to be her best friend Jessica’s brother) starts flirting with Melanie and Storm is not too happy.

Moving forward, Rafe tells Melanie that he doesn’t want (at first) a serious relationship (since he is still a little raw after breaking up w
YaYa AfterDarkBookLovers
Jun 03, 2014 YaYa AfterDarkBookLovers rated it really liked it
Savage Kiss starts off where No Strings leaves off. Jessica and Rafe get reacquainted, but after he leaves her at home, he notices her wallet was left behind. What does the gentleman in Rafe tells him to do? Maybe it was something else but he brings it back. After being dropped off Melanie herself wished she had invited him in.

I mentioned that in No Strings there was no sex. Savage Kiss makes up for it. This time Rafe invites Melanie to watch him play with the band and after one unexpected stunt
Heather Duff
May 22, 2014 Heather Duff rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGallery for providing me with a copy

Release Date: 3rd June 2014

Following on from No Strings the first novella in this series, Savage Kiss starts with us finding out what happened during the cliff hanger ending of the first installment.

Melanie answers the door to Rafe, having forgotten her purse he kindly returns it to her, but will things get heated as they are alone in her apartment, no (booo!) they don't but in the coming days, Rafe invites Melanie to come and see him in action
Shirley Frances
Jun 06, 2014 Shirley Frances rated it it was ok
So yeah...that great potential I had talked about in my review for the previous episode kinds lost its spark.

I mean, yes the sex was good and the chemistry between Rafe and Melanie jumped off the page, but the growth of a connection was almost non-existent which is a no-no for me.

I liked that the author added some new players to the game. Travis managed to draw Melanie's attention even though she seemed enthralled by Storm, which made me wonder how it will all be played out.

I also enjoyed the
Bernadette Robinson
I gave this a 3/10 or 1.5 stars.

This is the second in the series of six short stories in the His to Claim erotic series.

This continues the story of the relationship between Rafe (aka Storm from Savage Kiss) and Melanie his past employee.

In this part we learn more about Melanie and her relationship with the staff in the coffee shop and Jessica who used to go out with Rafe but who now goes out with Dane, Rafe's brother instead.

At times the reader can become a little confused with what is happenin
Margaret Sholders
Jun 14, 2014 Margaret Sholders rated it it was amazing
Opal writes awesome stories. Her people are so real. Although there are a lot of Billionaires in books out there, her plots are honest. Melanie worked for Rafe after his father died. Then he had run from work to join a rock band, Savage Kiss. Melanie left her job to work in a coffee shop. Rafe comes comes home and gives her concert tickets to see him play with Savage Kiss again. With not being her boss, they get together. She is hooked on him and he tells her he doesn't want a relationship. Can' ...more
Gloria Herrera
Jun 13, 2014 Gloria Herrera rated it really liked it
This is a review for all 6 parts of this story.

Rafe "Storm" Ranier is scrumptious! He is still searching for his identity. Working through his guilt of needing to bond with his brother Dane, Rafe finds himself denying his needs once again.

The absolutely delightful encounter between Rafe and Melanie in the tattoo parlor is worth noting. It definitely put a smile on my face!

The intimate scenes are scorching hot, just like Opal Carew always delivers. Some of the scenes blew my mind. Very creative!

W
becky
Jun 11, 2014 becky rated it really liked it
This book was very good. If your into this kind of book I would definitely recommend it. The characters were good, the story was good and overall the book was good. I wouldn't say it's the best erotica I have read though. The story line that Rafe was in a band but his ego was too big! I still liked his character. Unfortunately this book was very short? I had no idea when I requested it that it would be so short. By the end of the book I was so in love with the relationship. The sex was very fast ...more
Kooky
Sep 01, 2015 Kooky rated it did not like it
ARC from Netgalley.

The story of this series focuses on Rafe, alter ego called Storm, and Melanie. He used to he her multimillionaire boss but she left when it got too painful that her feelings for him were not reciprocated. All the time he didn't know how she felt. When not a CEO he's lead guitarist in a rock band.
The characters are shallow and dull, nothing about them excites or intrigues me. Striving to attract attention the author combines in one man two popular popular male lead roles, mil
Samantha
Okay seriously I'm in love. I hate serial novellas but I can't stop with this and even though I know it's short parts Im hooked and in love.

Rafe has invited Melanie to be part of the second part of his life. Storm and Savage Kiss. Being the guitarist and having groupies doesn't affect Melanie. She just wants Rafe/Storm.

It's a great second addition. We get to meet the guys of Savage Kiss and Jessica's brother, Travis. Who has an interest for Melanie? we will have to see.......
ChattyKat
Jun 17, 2014 ChattyKat rated it it was ok
I was kind of intrigued with the first installment but I'm not really liking the dual personality of Rafe. He's a billionaire business man AND a Rock Star... it's a little too much for me. I think I'm going to stop here... :)
This is probably good to pick up if you are looking for a quick and steamy read... it's high on steam but a little low on a well developed plot.

ARC provided by St. Martin's Press

www.ktbookreviews.com
Norie
Oct 18, 2015 Norie rated it it was amazing
She Hearts Books
So business man Rafe has an alter ego. He is also Storm who is a rocker. On the weekends he plays in a band called Savage Kiss and he invites Melanie to hit the road with him for an out of town concert. Afterwards they share a night of passion.

I think Melanie is getting a pretty good two for one deal with Rafe. Millionaire and rock star.

I give His to Claim #2 3 hearts!
Franny (Mind Reader)
Aug 06, 2014 Franny (Mind Reader) rated it really liked it
Savage Kiss is book n.2 in the His To Claim series, and in this instalment we finally see a bit of action. The chemistry between Melanie and Rafe is undeniable, but is their past relationship preventing them from exploring this further? Maybe, but I'm looking forward to seeing where their own feelings lead them.
We also get to meet the other members of Savage Kiss, and I have to say that Travis definitely made an impression! At this point things are really getting interesting... Is there another
Laura ~Swoon Worthy Books~
3 stars...

After a chance meeting at the tattoo parlor Melanie and Rafe are now each others friend with benefits. But Melanie has always wanted more from Rafe, will he be able to let his guard down and let love in?

Throw Travis into the mix, he likes to steal away Rafe's women, all to punish him for treating his sister Jessica, who happens to be Melanie's bff, poorly.

Can Melanie keep Travis at bay and keep Rafe happy?
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
Jul 11, 2014 Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~ rated it really liked it
His to Claim is a composition of six short erotic stories that make up this novel. Apparently I missed the other series because there were so unexplained issues with Jessica and Rafe…I guess another series? Anyway, I immediately fell in love with this series. With sexy, steamy characters and the perfect chemistry in addition to a rock star plot makes for the perfect book!
Smutlover
May 29, 2014 Smutlover rated it it was ok
This wasn't explained completely clearly in book one but his alter-ego rockstar name is Storm (laaaame!). So when these two finally get down to business all she can scream is STORM! OOOH STORM!!! Thin on plot, I didn't care for the whole "Storm" thing. It was just ok. Short so it didn't take me much time to read. Had this been any longer I wouldn't have read 3 and 4.
Lisa
Apr 21, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Savage Kiss by Opal Carew is the second novella in her His to Claim series. I was definitely intrigued with the first installment of this series, it was light on the heat and steam but you could definitely feel it brewing up big time.

I wasn't disappointed with this next book. We pick back up with our hottie Rafe showing up on Melanie's front door, returning her forgotton wallet to her. These two know they want each other, and there's nothing standing in their way anymore. Well, besides their own
  • Every Part of You: Taunts Me (Every Part of You, #3)
  • Because of Luke (Lewiston Blues/Black Family Saga, #1)
  • Seduce (The Dining Club #4)
  • Knock Out (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans, #1)
  • Cursed (The Order of the Wolf, #1)
  • Savage Chains: Shattered (Men in Chains, #1.7)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • Losing Her (Broken Road, #1)
  • Darkest Flame: Part 2 (Dark Kings)
  • Lantern Lake (The Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
  • Lust's Temptation (Masters of Sin, #2)
  • Purely Professional
  • Claimed (The Auction, #3)
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • Obsession (Ink & Iron, #1)
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...

His To Claim (6 books)
  • No Strings (His to Claim, #1)
  • Rock Hard (His to Claim, #3)
  • Wild Ones (His to Claim, #4)
  • Breaking Storm (His to Claim, #5)
  • Perfect Rhythm (His to Claim, #6)