Start by marking “Aggie and Ben: Three Stories” as Want to Read:
Aggie and Ben: Three Stories

Aggie and Ben: Three Stories

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Daddy takes Ben on a surprise trip to the pet store. Ben doesn't want a mouse, a snake, or even a cat. But when a certain puppy makes Ben laugh, a lasting friendship is formed. Three short chapters trace a day in the life of Ben and his new puppy, Aggie.
Published July 1st 2007 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Aggie and Ben, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aggie and Ben

Naomi
Three cute, easy read stories about a boy getting and loving his dog. Simple illustrations to support this heart-warming book.
Rachel
Three good stories about a boy and his dog, there is an odd angular quality to the illustrations.
Jordan Bramblett
This is a very fun adventurous book about a boy and his dog. I remember the excitement of going to a pet store to get my first dog, as may many children. Assuming their parents let them get a dog that is. Animals are almost always the number one interest in young children, so I believe books about animals are appealing to them. This book has bright and vivid colors in the illustrations that catch your attention. Very good book.
Terry
Even though this is a book about a boy and his dog, our daughter immediately saw herself and HER dog in the stories. Reading was sidetracked several times while she told her own doggy tales. Since that first time when we read the book together, she has picked it up herself to read.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub.
The Styling Librarian
A perfect fit early reader with my son's sense of humor, wish I could have had more room for the rest of the series, they are fantastic! (And he read on his own and then told me how he thought Aggie got worried about silly things and how much he liked various portions of the book.
Dolly
Nov 06, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book of short stories that are fun to read aloud. Ben chooses Aggie at the store, they play together and they comfort one another in the scary dark. It's a good book for beginning readers as each story is relatively short and the narratives are simple.
Debrarian
Ben’s dad takes him to the store to pick out a pet. He picks a dog: Aggie. Ben likes to act like a dog (until he sees Aggie drink from the toilet) and hang out with Aggie. At night he helps her feel safe. Sweet, w/ good illus. A good early reader.
Bethann
Cute beginner reader stories. There were now odd(hard) words thrown in. Mid 1st grade level
Laura Salas
Laura Salas marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Phoebe
Phoebe marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Teresa Wiley
Teresa Wiley marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Dianne
Dianne added it
Aug 06, 2014
Jessica Homan
Jessica Homan marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013