The World That Perished: Introduction to Biblical Catastrophism

The World That Perished: Introduction to Biblical Catastrophism

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The World that Perished, a companion to The Early Earth, maintains with vigor that the Bible declares and affirms a supernatural, catastrophic flood of worldwide proportions. This declaration is corroborated by scientific observations that are not warped by a uniformitarian bias in geology
Published February 1st 1989 by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group (first published 1973)

Edward Waverley
Jul 22, 2013 Edward Waverley marked it as to-read
Shelves: rushdoony
This is R. J. Rushdoony, Easy Chair number 198, July the seventh, 1989.
This evening Otto Scott and I are going to discuss some of our readings, some books that we think are of interest. And we are doing this because you said you wanted more of this type of Easy Chair. I think I will start off by dealing with a book just published, World That Perished by John C. Whitcomb which was brought out a little earlier, but reprinted not too long ago by Baker Book House.
It is about the world that perished...more
Mike Garner
I remember enjoying this book a lot. I read it in my twenties when I was enthralled with creationist literature. This is just one of some thirty books I read. However I became disillusioned with unanswered questions which the creationist's glossed over; such as their less than acceptable answer for the lack of human bones in the fossil record. These books make for interesting reading if your researching creationist thoughts and claims. They require a literal reading of the mythic stories of Gene...more
L.S.
This classic flood geology book was a disappointment. Some of the information is good, so I still recommend the book, but other views are just too much speculation and too much "the Bible says what I understand it does". The reference to Dillow's water vapor canopy or the re-modelling of the land by the supernatural action of God seems to me unacceptable. Few contradictions in the book were also seen.
Janet Mueller
I purchased this book on Amazon, after reading, "The Genesis Flood" by Whitcomb & Henry M. Morris, PhD. Unlike the reviewers below, I found much of interest in this book. I am a mature & well read Believer in the Word of God & I believe the Bible is to be taken literally, unless otherwise stated (in the Bible).

Will write more later.
Hunter
Jan 20, 2012 Hunter rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Morons
I couldn't finish this book. I had to force myself to read 34 pages, then thought it'd be better to give up because this book has very little 'good' information, and too much "Oh well, we're not sure about this, so we're just gonna randomly jump to another topic when you think we're at a conclusion to the last topic."
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Paul Galloway
Paul Galloway marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Pmbarr
Pmbarr added it
Jan 18, 2014
Renier
Renier added it
Jan 13, 2014
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Conghui Yang
Conghui Yang marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Brian Gansereit
Brian Gansereit is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2013
Tim Scott
Tim Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Eddie
Eddie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
John Clement Whitcomb, Jr. (born 22 June 1924 in Washington, D.C.) is an American theologian and young earth creationist. He is well known as the co-author with Henry M. Morris of The Genesis Flood, which influenced many conservative American fundamentalist Christians to adopt the flood geology of George McCready Price.
More about John C. Whitcomb...
Genesis Flood The Early Earth The Early Earth: An Introduction to Biblical Creationism Daniel (Everyman's Bible Commentaries) Darius the Mede