Start by marking “Yo Yo Love” as Want to Read:
Yo Yo Love

Yo Yo Love

Sassy and savvy Kayla Johnson is a serious college student at Philadelphia's Temple University. She's also babelicious, with ginger-colored skin and more curves than the Liberty Bell. But if Kayla's all that, how come she can't find the one thing she's gotta have: "The One. Someone jonezing for me… someone to chill with, lay up under, and be around."

When Kayla sets off on
Published August 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Yo Yo Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yo Yo Love

Ruby
Feb 20, 2009 Ruby rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No
I just could not finish this book. It was not good and It had every clique imagines in the story.
Olivia
Dec 24, 2012 Olivia rated it it was ok
I read this book for the first time at a young age. I enjoyed the story then but now, at the same age of the main protagonist, Kayla, I no longer enjoy it. It's mildly entertaining but Kayla just comes off as annoying. (view spoiler) ...more
Stephanie
I seriously didn't think that I would enjoy this book that was recommended by a friend. I thought it would be your typical filled with deceit, drama, cheating men -- and some more drama type of story. YO YO LOVE ended up being more than that. I laughed till I cried. Mind you, I was about 10+ years younger when I read it, so I could only imagine how I would feel reading it now.

Kayla S. Johnson is a 20 year old college student at Temple University in Pennsylvania. She is doing well for a woman her
Black Carrie
Nov 30, 2014 Black Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was an interesting read and very realistic for so many of the women out there. She was a yo yo for real. It should be an eye opener for the Kayla's out there. Quality vs quantity, and she did have quality with Samir . At the time it wasn't her flavor and therefore ended finding love in all the wrong places. Some may realize they already have the prize or have passed it up. Or what to look for in the search. I look forward to reading more from this young sister called Daaimah.i read this book ...more
Leixy K
Oct 13, 2014 Leixy K rated it it was amazing
This books shows you how you can think you are in love and how love and good looks can blind your better judgement. this book had a great lead in, wonderful plot, and to think that you or you know someone who love has been shattered by a guy who doesnt truly love you . You must read this book.
Teshai
Apr 16, 2016 Teshai rated it it was ok
I just wanted to hit this girl throughout the whole damn book. She was just plain stupid, a tat of the man's name? Come on now.

I finished only because I wanted to see who she would have ended up with.
Nya Monea
this is one of my favorite books.. I don't think it was so much the content but just one of those books that remind you of the times in your life... my soundtrack for life and the book rack of my life would tell you about the duality of who I really am. I love a juicy urban novel.
Kimberly
Oct 05, 2009 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Book about chick in college falling in and out of love. Making mistakes and getting stung. I think that i would have more enjoyed it 25 years ago. But if you are in your 20s or so, you would probably enjoy this book.
Gaëtane
this is actually my first ghetto book i read..lol (which was in high school) Normally this is not the type of books i read. But it teaches you a lot about respecting yourself.
Kellee
Sep 21, 2008 Kellee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all ladies
Shelves: a-favorite
I can't tell you how many times I've read this book. Daaimah is one of my favorite authors and it all started with this book.
Robins
Jan 26, 2012 Robins rated it really liked it
This was a good book but I dont like how she picked the wrong man and then wanted the good one after she had been played for a fool. Other than that it was a good read.
Ms. Independent
Nov 19, 2008 Ms. Independent rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adults, urban book readers
Recommended to Ms. Independent by: High school friend
Great book, fun and interesting characters. If you've read and enjoyed books such as Flyy Girl and Coldest Winter Ever then you would probably like this book.
Myah Harrell
Nov 20, 2014 Myah Harrell rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was a really good. It caught my eye from the moment I seen it on my mother's shelf. It was basically like, why do we as woman feel like we need a man to go on with our lives.
Rebekkah
Rebekkah rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2009
nicole
nicole rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2009
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2009
Tieren
Tieren rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Asia
Asia rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Rees
Rees rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2010
Carrie Diane
Carrie Diane rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
May 31, 2011
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2007
Sharon Simmons
Sharon Simmons rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Jennifer Jones
Jennifer Jones rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
SweetPidi
SweetPidi rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2011
Asia Jonae
Asia Jonae rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Kdb1806
Kdb1806 rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Dorothea
Dorothea rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2008
Jeanni
Jeanni rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2008
  • Flip Side of the Game
  • Flower's Bed
  • The Available Wife Part 2
  • Expensive Taste
Daaimah S. Poole was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. She graduated from Temple University with a B.A. in journalism in 2003. While attending Temple, Daaimah worked almost every job imaginable – receptionist, car salesperson, bill collector, waitress, tutor, and substitute teacher. She would later say she was unintentionally doing character research.
Daaimah completed her first novel Yo Yo Love
More about Daaimah S. Poole...