Another Man's Wife: A Novel

Another Man's Wife: A Novel

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Men and women test the limits of love and devotion in this sexy and suspensful first novel, which evokes the emotional honesty and moral complexity of real life.
Newcomer Shonda Cheekes makes her contemporary debut in a hip, wonderfully wise story about letting go and moving on.
When Yani Fenton married Jarrin Miller, she thought it would last forever. But five years ago...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Strebor Books

Stephanie
ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE by Shonda Cheekes was a book full of romantic suspense.

We read about Yani Fenton, a good woman whose husband walked out on her and their two children after fifteen years without even turning back. Yani and the kids waited five years for his return, but never got the satisfaction of seeing him again.

In comes Alex Chance. He's a big shot business man who treats her like the ultimate Queen and they quickly fall in love and get married. But, just as it goes in real life, once you...more
Allison
I read half of this book and thought the main characters were just too perfect, inside and out, for me to enjoy seeing their lives end up happy. I am a hater. Oh well.
Shari Doby
I read it awhile back, and the book was amazing! The follow up to the book is even more amazing! Had me crying
Tracy Darity
Apr 13, 2011 Tracy Darity rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers
After I read a book I have a habit of going back to read reviews and comments to see if the average reader shared my overall thoughts. I’ve found for the most part that I am usually in sync with the average review. However, Another Man’s Wife found me in stark conflict with most of those who reviewed this book; similar to my experience with Jezebel by Jacquelin Thomas. I have surmised that the thing that is separating us is my lack of appreciation for contemporary romance type fiction. It’s just...more
Wyldchild
This was a great story even though it has been a few years since I read it I thoroughly enjoyed it to the end. I applaud the lead character Yanni for holding out so long after her husband abandoned her and their children. Awesome read
Keyona
I'd like to actually give this one 3 1/2 stars. When Yani's husband disappears out of the blue, it takes her 5 years to finally decide he's dead and move on with her life. She meets Alex who she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Soon after Yani's "dead" husband appears ready to come back into her life. Will she make the right choice? I liked this book for the most part. The "grown folk" humor really made the book for me lol. A little fairy tale-like for me though.
Stasha
It was a nice story. A bit unrealistic at times in my opinion, but I was eager to discover what would happen next...One reviewer stated that the focus seemed to be more on a secondary character than the primary one -- I agree to an extent that there was truth in that -- but it wasn't bad.
Atiya
I did not even want to start to read it did not like the story line
Janee Coker
It started off really slow, didnt really pick up until half way through. I found myself not wanting to put this book down.
Chenee
This was a good book & kept me wanting to know what would happen next.
Eva Leger
Little too romantic for my taste- not a bad book by any means though.
Aishwarya Kumar
Aishwarya Kumar marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Melody Reid
Melody Reid marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014