Start by marking “Another Man's Wife” as Want to Read:
Another Man's Wife

Another Man's Wife

Men and women test the limits of love and devotion in this sexy and suspensful first novel, which evokes the emotional honesty and moral complexity of real life.
Newcomer Shonda Cheekes makes her contemporary debut in a hip, wonderfully wise story about letting go and moving on.
When Yani Fenton married Jarrin Miller, she thought it would last forever. But five years ago
Published October 1st 2003 by Strebor Books

To ask other readers questions about Another Man's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Man's Wife

Allison
I read half of this book and thought the main characters were just too perfect, inside and out, for me to enjoy seeing their lives end up happy. I am a hater. Oh well.
Shari Doby
I read it awhile back, and the book was amazing! The follow up to the book is even more amazing! Had me crying
Tracy Darity
Mar 28, 2011 Tracy Darity rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers
After I read a book I have a habit of going back to read reviews and comments to see if the average reader shared my overall thoughts. I’ve found for the most part that I am usually in sync with the average review. However, Another Man’s Wife found me in stark conflict with most of those who reviewed this book; similar to my experience with Jezebel by Jacquelin Thomas. I have surmised that the thing that is separating us is my lack of appreciation for contemporary romance type fiction. It’s just ...more
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE by Shonda Cheekes was a book full of romantic suspense.

We read about Yani Fenton, a good woman whose husband walked out on her and their two children after fifteen years without even turning back. Yani and the kids waited five years for his return, but never got the satisfaction of seeing him again.

In comes Alex Chance. He's a big shot business man who treats her like the ultimate Queen and they quickly fall in love and get married. But, just as it goes in real life, once you
Keyona
Jan 20, 2009 Keyona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd like to actually give this one 3 1/2 stars. When Yani's husband disappears out of the blue, it takes her 5 years to finally decide he's dead and move on with her life. She meets Alex who she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Soon after Yani's "dead" husband appears ready to come back into her life. Will she make the right choice? I liked this book for the most part. The "grown folk" humor really made the book for me lol. A little fairy tale-like for me though.
Stasha
Jun 24, 2011 Stasha rated it liked it
It was a nice story. A bit unrealistic at times in my opinion, but I was eager to discover what would happen next...One reviewer stated that the focus seemed to be more on a secondary character than the primary one -- I agree to an extent that there was truth in that -- but it wasn't bad.
Wyldchild
Jul 19, 2014 Wyldchild rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story even though it has been a few years since I read it I thoroughly enjoyed it to the end. I applaud the lead character Yanni for holding out so long after her husband abandoned her and their children. Awesome read
Atiya
Jan 07, 2014 Atiya rated it did not like it
I did not even want to start to read it did not like the story line
Eva Leger
Little too romantic for my taste- not a bad book by any means though.
Joi
Jul 23, 2013 Joi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
This book was too long for me. It took me a long time to read it and I don't like that. It was good in the beginning. But in the end, not so much.
Janee Coker
May 23, 2011 Janee Coker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started off really slow, didnt really pick up until half way through. I found myself not wanting to put this book down.
Nisha
Nisha rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2009
Ladeidra Lewis
Ladeidra Lewis rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Shira Coker
Shira Coker rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2011
Chiquito
Chiquito rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2010
Nisha
Nisha rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2009
Butterfly 23
Butterfly 23 rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2008
nicole
nicole rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2009
Shari doby
Shari doby rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2011
Tracy Darity
Tracy Darity rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Armesha
Armesha rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
Felicia A
Felicia A rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Dee Cherry
Dee Cherry rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Cokiemorgan
Cokiemorgan rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Jackie Harris
Jackie Harris rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2010
Sonja Deloach
Sonja Deloach rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Shakira
Shakira rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2008
Vona
Vona rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2008
Tru Essync
Tru Essync rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013