Start by marking “The Revolution: A Field Manual for Changing Your World” as Want to Read:
The Revolution: A Field Manual for Changing Your World

The Revolution: A Field Manual for Changing Your World

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A revolution is happening in our generation. We see the strife in the world as generations before ours could not--whether a terrorist attack or a tsunami, we watch the devastation of such tragedies play-by-play, and it moves us. But how do we apply our energy to alleviate the suffering of those around us? Especially when we're busier than ever and less able to give of our ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Relevant Books

To ask other readers questions about The Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revolution

Marianne Stehr
If you have been living under a rock for all of your life, you may find this book ok, if not skip it altogether because it is just a group of whiners talking about the trials and tribulations of the world (seems to me mostly outside of the US) and encourages you to donate money and time. It also suggests you pray and has some decent prayers for this, however the rest is just wishful thinking and in my opinion propaganda to build up very few non profit companies. Do not get me wrong, I am not aga ...more
This one was great with lots of information about how to actually do something. If you get done reading this and say you don't know how to take action then there is something wrong with you. I wish it had challenged my a bit more though. I got to spend a couple weeks in Alaska with one of the authors, Peter Illyn, who taught me that it's not a hippy thing to care about the earth.
Mar 28, 2008 Andrea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to expand their worldview beyond the American Bubble
I read this book while my now-husband was on a missions trip in Romania in the summer of 2006. The stories range from heartbreaking to infuriating to hopeful, but all are inspiring. Whether you are a liberal or conservative politically, it will open your eyes to the problems in this world and the ways in which you can choose to take action to do your part in solving them.
This is a great book full of information and ideas! Each topic is written by a different person who gives insight to their mission. I cried several times reading this book. It's impossible to learn the atrocities going on in the world and how Americans enable it, and not do something about least pray!
Excellent book for both educating yourself and as a resource for ways to make a difference in your community and in the world.
Read this book. Period. It is one of the BEST books out there to compel a change. Read it.
Oct 14, 2008 Weavre marked it as to-read
Recommended to Weavre by: Judy A. from Care2
ILL--Luzerne doesn't have it, and Albright's OPAC is down again
Aug 03, 2011 Carolyn added it
Shelves: spirituality
A good overview of various justice issues.
Jul 07, 2009 Allie is currently reading it
Stoked about this one
There are way too many problems facing mankind today to sit by and do nothing. This book truly inspired me to get involved and help someone, anyone.
Travis marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Olabisi Olagunju
Olabisi Olagunju marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Nicole Wisniewski
Nicole Wisniewski marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kelsey Angelette
Kelsey Angelette marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Rex Xu
Rex Xu marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Stephen Carter
Stephen Carter marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Noah Kiser
Noah Kiser marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Basil's Search for Miracles The Relevant Nation: 50 Activists, Artists, and Innovators Who Are Changing Their World Through Faith Stranger Moon