Start by marking “Community Quilts: How to Organize, Design & Make a Group Quilt” as Want to Read:
Community Quilts: How to Organize, Design & Make a Group Quilt

Community Quilts: How to Organize, Design & Make a Group Quilt

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
As these avid quilters discuss their motivation for joining in, they offer a beautiful how-to handbook so others can share the same joy. “The beauty of these quilts is mindblowing.” —Library Journal. “Charming... a wealth of directions... The gallery of more than 45 quilts is worthy of submission to a national contest.”—Booklist.
Published June 30th 2001 by Lark Books

To ask other readers questions about Community Quilts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Community Quilts

Mti Librarian
I can't remember why I ordered this book, probably for Emily's reading challenge and then forgot and used something else. But I got quite a pleasant surprise when I didn't have another book waiting to read right away and picked up this one to browse through. I ended up reading it cover to cover and was late to work because I didn't want to put it down.

This is not a traditional quilting book. The first two-thirds of the book describe the 30 year history of a quilting circle located north of Ashev
Candy
Apr 30, 2015 Candy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
LOVED THIS BOOK!
Quotes in the margins, quilts made for friends by a group, old photos. These gals are the same vintage that I am, so I could relate to the times that produced this group and their quilts. And I loved their sense of humor and practicality. Wonderful book to just study and enjoy.
Jenni
Apr 11, 2009 Jenni rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty
There are no patterns in Community Quilts, but it was still inspiring and full of beautiful color photos of a variety of quilt ideas.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Melissa Smith
Melissa Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Debbie Walk
Debbie Walk marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2009