Start by marking “The Blonde: A Celebration Of The Golden Era From Harlow To Monroe” as Want to Read:
The Blonde: A Celebration Of The Golden Era From Harlow To Monroe

The Blonde: A Celebration Of The Golden Era From Harlow To Monroe

Do blondes have more fun? It was Clairol that first posed the question, but the answer never really mattered-just being a blonde made you special. In this celebration of the Golden Age of golden hair, Barnaby Conrad III, author of the best-selling "The Martini," pays tribute to a cultural icon that changed the world. The worship of blondeness started with Jean Harlow's wis ...more
Published September 1st 1999 by Chronicle Books (CA)

To ask other readers questions about The Blonde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blonde

Tara
Nov 02, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, photography
Awesome pictures and photos. There are some real classics in this book. Do blondes have more fun? That depends on ones definition of what fun is, I
would imagine. Lots of sterotypes concerning hair color. Blondes are perky and fun. Redheads are vivacious and firey. Brunettes are smart and serious.

Are they, really? I don't know. My hair is dark blonde... maybe I am fun and slightly serious at the same time...tedious? Crazy?
Angela
Mar 04, 2017 Angela rated it really liked it
Great photos and history of the blonde as sex symbol. Features Jean Harlow, Marilyn, etc. Great companion piece to this season's You Must Remember This podcast on dead blondes.
Daniel
Jan 04, 2016 Daniel rated it really liked it
Shelves: hair, 2016
A charming book that leads the reader on the path of Blonde discovery. The subtitle tells it all from Harlow of the 1920s we get a glimpse into the world that made the Blonde so revered in our culture. Through photos and insightful stories the author crafts this golden path through the decades, through the glitter and glam that followed, until the downturn of the blonde icon.

I found this book delightful and such an easy read. The photos and magazine articles were great and added so much to the
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2008
Luci Block
Luci Block rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
K
K rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2016
April
April added it
May 25, 2007
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Lauren Coyle
Lauren Coyle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Josiah Franklin
Josiah Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2016