Start by marking “No More Water in the Tub!” as Want to Read:
No More Water in the Tub!

No More Water in the Tub!

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  171 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
William is getting ready for his bath when the faucet breaks, sending him and his tub surfing through the building! On his wet ride, he collects a strange fleet in his wake -- from Uncle Nash, who sits in the trash, to Little Dottie, who sails the potty. Who will William carry off next? Bath-lovers and bath-haters alike will want to know!"Full of amusing detail that will k ...more
Published December 1st 1998 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about No More Water in the Tub!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Water in the Tub!

Jenna Gantenbein
Feb 24, 2016 Jenna Gantenbein rated it liked it
Kimberly Hansen
Feb 22, 2016 Kimberly Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This story as an audio book is great, the voice was flowing perfectly through the story. The cassette had the right amount of pauses and could be flipped over to be played with chimes to turn the pages if wanted. Having this as an audio book helped to really look at he details of the illustrations.
Sam
Jan 09, 2016 Sam rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
This is what happens when you live on the top floor of an apartment and leave the water run too long in the bath... a massive ride in a tub down the stairs and a torrent of neighbors get floated away. Great rhymes, fun story. Maybe a touch long for a preschool crowd.
Shayla
Jun 23, 2015 Shayla rated it liked it
This book is about a boy who is helping his brother take a bath and he tells him a story. This story leads the bathtub to over fill and then the water goes throughout the whole apartment building, the wave picking up people as it sweeps over them.
I like this book because it shows how creative an older brother can be. It also shows that when something bad happens, something good can come from it like extinguishing a fire. The artwork was almost a mix of realistic and cartoonish, and it was very
The Brothers
Feb 13, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
It's William's turn for a bath and his mother instructs his brother, Walter, to turn off the water in one minute. William doesn't like this because he wants the water deeper than that. Walter tries to accommodate both mother and brother, but the spigot breaks and water flows everywhere. William gets a fantastic ride down his apartment building sweeping along a lot of neighbors in the flood.

Great illustrations.
Cindy
Mar 19, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
This was such a funny story. Imagining it happening in real life would be quite an adventure.
Aleece
Nov 15, 2013 Aleece rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mom tells the kids to only let the water run for one more minute before turning the water off so the older brother turns it all the way up but the faucet brakes and the water rushes out and then the bathtub breaks loose and he is washed out the door and down the stairs to each apartment below.

I don't know what it was about this book but for me there was just too much going on and (view spoiler)
Jo-Ann
Aug 22, 2014 Jo-Ann rated it it was amazing
Pre-schooler never tired of reading this one. A keeper.
Karen
Apr 19, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jacob, ellie, mom, dad
Funny book about what happens next. Jake's favorite part of course was "little Dottie sailed the potty".
Shelley
Apr 10, 2012 Shelley rated it really liked it
This is a story about a boy who doesn't turn the water off in the tub and so he goes on an adventure in the tub. It is all about where he floats and who he picks up along the way. At the end of the book you find out that he has imagined the whole thing, his bath tub is still in his bathroom and the water was turned of. This is a good book for sequencing and also pretending.
Jackie
Leaving the water on too long in the tub can be a dangerous thing! No More Water in the Tub is a silly story about what happens when you do just that. Walter and William collect all their neighbors on the way out as the water rushes by...but, in the end they are heroes.

Used for "Got Milk?, Got Water?, Got Juice?" Storytime-April, 2010.
Josh
Jul 11, 2012 Josh rated it really liked it
This was a cool story about a boy who rides his tub throughout the neghborhood after his faucet breaks, and it was awesome always, to have special books that were signed by the author. It certainly instilled a fear of bathtime, but I got over it once I remembered that it I did not live in a big house.
Aida
Mar 26, 2014 Aida rated it it was amazing
My kids thought this was a riot. I thought it was pretty funny, too.
Emily Goodin
Mar 24, 2011 Emily Goodin rated it did not like it
This book didn't really interest me, but I'm not sure why. I just really didn't find it that entertaining. There aren't really any themes in it, but it would be a fun story for kids. I would keep it on my classroom's bookshelves for independent reading.
Belise Michel
Jul 01, 2012 Belise Michel rated it it was amazing
This is a great story to share with young readers when introducing different parts of a house. It is a silly story to read to talk about the colors, & the different ways to use water. It a great way to have young readers use their imagination.
Dionne
Jul 03, 2012 Dionne rated it it was amazing
Haven't used this book for teaching yet but think it will be good to teach students how to retain information as they read. To remember the storyline as they read the whole story since each page of text builds upon the previous pages.
The Reading Countess
May 23, 2010 The Reading Countess rated it liked it
Shelves: youngest-boy
The rhyming pattern and the predictable nature of the book made this one a winner with Youngest. Besides, who doesn't dream of flooding the whole house when they are a kid?
Mark
Sep 20, 2012 Mark rated it it was amazing
Well,it is interesting enough that this was read tome as a small child. I can still remember hearing it multiple times, as I never stopped liking it.
Amberly
Aug 10, 2011 Amberly rated it really liked it
This one made us laugh. The illustrations held some fun treasures. A bit tongue-twistery in places which made it all the more fun.
Dolly
Sep 22, 2008 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008
A very creative tale that demonstrates the way siblings can entertain each other. Our girls liked this story.
Janis
Jul 07, 2009 Janis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books, own
The companion book to 'No More Jumping on the Bed,' this one takes to the stairs!
Dee
Jun 10, 2009 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty darn funny. I had never the camp song they refer to.
Kari
Oct 07, 2011 Kari rated it really liked it
It was very cute. My kids liked it and thought it was silly.
Erin Hatch
Dec 15, 2015 Erin Hatch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books
Good times. Pictures are fun and kids love this one.
Christina
Mar 16, 2009 Christina rated it it was amazing
Very fun book- includes rhyming and great pictures!
Henry and Alice
Feb 28, 2008 Henry and Alice rated it it was amazing
Love the rhymes in this book and the great adventure.
Brian
May 05, 2011 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
fun poetry that Ian enjoyed.
David
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Underwear!
  • Once Upon a Banana
  • Dear Peter Rabbit
  • Go to Sleep, Groundhog!
  • I Wish I Were a Butterfly
  • I Spy Mystery: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • I Love You the Purplest
  • Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
  • Shhhhh! Everybody's Sleeping
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,
More about Tedd Arnold...