Start by marking “The Marine's Queen (Recon Marines, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marine's Queen (Recon Marines, #1)

The Marine's Queen (Recon Marines #1)

Queen Callie Adell’s enemies want her for the secret elixir only her bloodline can produce. She flees an abduction attempt and lands in the arms of the most feared military man in the universe. Recon Marine Captain Joe, a genetically enhanced soldier, knows little of civilian life or of women. But his body knows what it wants from Callie even if his mind suffers mostly ...more
Published April 25th 2013 by New Concepts Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Marine's Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marine's Queen

namericanwordcat
I like the survival aspect of this romance. The hero is wonderful. The heroine... not so much. She waffles so very much. She goes back to her prejudice point of view constantly treating the hero as less than human.

The plot is interesting enough but it is drawn out and not balenced with the romance as much as it should be.

So, not a great read for me.
Lindap
Oct 15, 2015 Lindap rated it liked it
3.50 / 3 Stars.

I wavered on my rating but had to drop it to a 3 stars because of all the editing errors. This is when I wish my daughter, who recently graduated from college and wants to be an editor, could get a chance at an editing job. She is soooo needed.
R *is for Relentless*
Jun 11, 2013 R *is for Relentless* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, military
Bioengineered Super soldier saves/meets Queen- fireworks happen. I love sci fi and I love romance. Its so nice to run across a book that feeds both my reading addictions. The Recon Marines are bioengineered soldiers used solely as weapons. The Queen, Callie, is under attack from outsiders and from those inside her own kingdom. When Joe and Callie meet, under not so great circumstances, the friction starts right away. The characters were people you can really connect with- including the secondary ...more
Hmr28
Mar 26, 2014 Hmr28 rated it liked it
Quite a few grammatical and spelling errors. It needs a good editor! The story was a bit boring and the characters never really grabbed me.
Laz the Sailor
This is really a pretty good sci-fi adventure with a lot of romance and a little sex thrown in. Queen Callie is strong if naive; Sentinel Joe is a well-trained Rottweiler who is lost around regular people.

The romance developed at a reasonable pace, with only a couple of "just tell him/her" moments. Only a few sex scenes, which were warm in both senses of the term. The author writes well, though there were some typos that were improperly corrected, some humorously.
Tcat
Feb 06, 2015 Tcat rated it it was amazing
Good Book!

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't what I was expecting. Had a really good HEA! Can't wait to read more by this author.
Macleisha
Macleisha rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Ashleygibson
Ashleygibson rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
C Dowse
C Dowse rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Michele T. Dam
Michele T. Dam rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
SubterraneanCatalyst
SubterraneanCatalyst rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Donal Kempton
Donal Kempton rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Diana L. Woith
Diana L. Woith rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Ursamater
Ursamater rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2016
Sandra Anna
Sandra Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Jacob Hunter
Jacob Hunter rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Shalla
Shalla rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Matty
Matty rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Vaileronis
Vaileronis rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Harrison Porter
Harrison Porter rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Undrea
Undrea rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Brain
Brain rated it it was ok
May 14, 2015
K MN
K MN rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Odette
Odette rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Tiaskye
Tiaskye rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Casey
Casey rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

Recon Marines (3 books)
  • The Marine's Heiress (Recon Marines, #2)
  • The Marine's Doctor (Recon Marines, #3)