Start by marking “Escape to Paradise” as Want to Read:
Escape to Paradise

Escape to Paradise

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  53 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Desperate to flee the breaking scandal swirling around her ex, event coordinator Claudia Jefferies flies to exotic Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. As if being pampered at an exclusive spa weren't enough, now a drop-dead-gorgeous man is showering her with attention! But Claudia's too smart to get seriously involved, especially with a heartbreaker like Santiago Medina. If only her h
Published February 1st 2012 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Escape to Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape to Paradise

~E~ Riverina Romantics
2.75 Stars

Escape to paradise

Escape to Paradise is a sweet, seductive read set in an exotic location with one sweet, seductive AND exotic male protagonist.

It starts off with Claudia catching a flight to Cabo in the hopes of escaping the devastating media attention from her ex-husbands illegal dealings.

Santiago is drawn to Claudia at first sight, but she doesn’t want anything to do with him, she just wants to find a little peace and quiet until the scandal her ex caused has died down.

Unfortunate
Shawnette
This was just an OK read for me (more like a 2.5 IMHO)...the storyline is MILDLY interesting...but it didn't WOW me...just INTRIGUING enough to keep me turning the pages...DEFINITELY glad I got it as a swap ;-)
Jen
Cute story -
It starts off with Claudia running away - she's sneaking out of her bedroom window - she runs to a beauty shop and gets her hair chopped off and colored. what a drastic change!
Next she makes her way back, sticking to the shadows, she sees all the reporters pulling up to her house, trampling over her flowers , setting up camp - why couldn't they just leave her alone??

Finally spotting her sister in the car across the street, she makes a run for it - they head out to the Airport - Cl
Soapykitty
2/3 stars.The book's summary sounded great but I thought the book was boring and it didn't hold my attention for too long (I read up to chapter 15 a few months ago and only finished today because I'm trying to weed out my giant collection of unread books). Santiago seemed a little too nice and perfect.Also,to me,it seemed like Claudia needed therapy,not a vacation.
Toni
Jan 09, 2012 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2012
Claudia Jeffries almost has no other option than to Escape to Paradise. The day her divorce is finalized, her ex-husband is arrested on suspicion of corporate fraud and the authorities suspect that Claudia, not only knew about it, but was a part of it. The media attention is unbearable and, unable to deal with the reporters camped out on her lawn, Claudia escapes through a window of her Richmond, VA home and flees to her sister's luxury timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Santiago Medina first s
Rhonda
Jan 21, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Escape to Paradise by Pamela Yaye
4 STARS
Claudia has been divorced for two weeks when her ex-husband was arrested for stealing investers money. She has the media calling and camping out in front of her house for interviews, police wanting to interagate her and people threating her so she jumped out her window, cut her hair short and died it black. Her sister sent her to her time share down in Cabo.
Santiago is waiting in first class lounge for the airport in Washington DC to open and to be able t
ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
Claudia Jefferies, an event planner, flies off to Cabo San Lucas to get away from her abusive husband, who has just been indicted on fraud and money laundering charges. Desperate for a new start, Claudia decides to keep her past a secret. During her vacation, she meets a really gorgeous guy named Santiago, who is everything her ex-husband wasn't. He is sweet, thoughtful, hardworking, kind and patient.
Soon Claudia finds herself in a whirl wind romance.

As soon as Santiago and Claudia decide that t
Beverly
Mar 07, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Yaye’s latest is a charming romance between two troubled souls in need of healing. When fine-looking Santiago Medina notices attractive Claudia Jefferies, he immediately knows this is the woman of his dreams, and wants to banish what is worrying her soul. Claudia is just looking to be far away from the shady dealings of her ex-husband, and refutes Santiago’s initial offer of friendship, as men is the last thing on her mind. But, luckily Santiago is there with a helping hand when Claudia finds he ...more
Kendra Griffin
Mar 21, 2014 Kendra Griffin rated it it was amazing
ESCAPE TO PARADISE

Just when you thought everything was going good in your life; You receive a huge curveball. That's what happened for Claudia and Santiago when unexpected LOVE touched them both. Good READ.
Kim
Mar 14, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read. The Bernie Madoff-esque back story wasn't really original, but the love story between Claudia and Santiago was great. These two had a lot of passion, and the playful banter between them was really hilarious and really made them have a good connection. There were a few steamy love scenes, include an almost love scene in a cabana...hot! It's great to see Harlequin giving their authors a bit more freedom with their writing when it comes to the love scenes. The ones in th ...more
Malika
Jun 19, 2015 Malika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, finished it in a lazy sunny afternoon. Likeable characters. A good escape.
Sassy
Cheap quick read. Not great not awful. Maybe this author gets better
Dorel
Jan 07, 2014 Dorel rated it liked it
This is the 2nd book I read by Pamela Yaye. This book's storyline was okay. I felt bad for Claudia. I loved Santiago. I thought Santiago was very hot, sexy, good looking, nice, sweet, & loving. This book isn't a hot & steamy romance but it was an okay book to read.
Shone
Feb 25, 2012 Shone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to all romance junkies
A hint of mystery mixed with romance and a few secrets on the part of both Claudia and Santiago. Takes us from Washington, DC, to Richmond, VA, to beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexicio/
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Yalonda Banks
Yalonda Banks marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Nicole Stoddart
Nicole Stoddart rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Kay McCormack
Kay McCormack marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Dalia Henry
Dalia Henry rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Sol
Sol added it
Jan 09, 2016
Shermel
Shermel rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
La Sandra Culp
La Sandra Culp rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Yolana Johnson
Yolana Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My love for reading developed at an early age. My parents, Daniel and Gwendolyn Odidison, were both avid readers and encouraged me to read as much as possible. Trips to the public library were the highlight of my week and by the time I was in junior high I was reading everything from biographies to suspense to True Confession magazines!

I got my big “break” when I was only fourteen-years-old. I rea
More about Pamela Yaye...