Start by marking “First Response (TREX 0.5)” as Want to Read:
First Response  (TREX 0.5)

First Response (TREX 0.5)

When opportunity knocks...

TREX Special Agent Spencer Allen has been waiting to take the lead since he first started with the covert agency. He's earned his place as his team’s CO and is given a mission that could make or break his career. The night before he deploys, he decides a little R&R is in order. He meets the CEO of the search and rescue group TREX contracts wi
Published September 30th 2013 by Allie K. Adams

To ask other readers questions about First Response, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Response

Janet Juengling-Snell
This is the first time I have read anything from Allie Adams.

I totally enjoyed this short book. It had action, tension and some good old fashion loving between two very likable characters.

Then I discovered that I had read the books in the wrong order... This was the second book in the series... and as I went to go start reading the first book of the TREX Series, Rescue me, I was confused, till I figured out First Response is a prequel. I hate when I do this to myself......

So I am now off to re
Hbeebti
Feb 13, 2014 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was a really good shortie that makes me want to continue with this series. Spencer and Kat continue onto book two. Spencer is a member and team leader of TREX. He has my attention and I want to read more about him. Kat and Spencer hook up for a one night stand but Spencer wants more than one night. Kat wants more too but is happy with the way things are. We shall see what happens in the next book.
Reen
Apr 26, 2014 Reen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Response waS an interesting story about Special Agent Spencer Allen who works for TREX which is an agency that finds or retrives things. He meets Kathryn Davis who runs a search and rescue company that is sometimes used by TREX. They have an instant attraction that ends badly and eventually they have to work together again. Great beach read!
Jen_C
Not my cuppa. The descriptions were just too cheesy for my taste. Non-stop religious swearing too.
Jo-Anne
I found First Response to be an interesting story about Special Agent Spencer Allen who works for TREX which is an agency that "finds" things. He immediately meets Kathryn Davis who is CEO for a competitive agency. They plan to have a one-night stand but it doesn't end there.

I read this on my Kindle and the formatting was pretty bad. The font kept changing from small to medium throughout the entire novella. This was very annoying.

First Response was an OK read but it doesn't tempt me to read more
Ruth
Feb 28, 2014 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
story gets a four star but this story was far far too short! bought the continuing story thank you for writing more on these two
Michelle
Feb 26, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
I saw this short story (didn't realize it was even a short story, thought it was a book. *sigh*) on a feed where first, second, and fourth were free while the third was $.99. I'm glad I didn't buy the $.99 one. I had considered it. But then after having read this, it would have been a waste of money.

41 pages? Definitely not enough. I was thinking that this was going to be another series similar to others that I've read and loved. But no, that wasn't the case. This seemed to be more of a hookup s
Penny
Apr 02, 2015 Penny rated it really liked it
A great plot died! ! !

Well the book has a great plot great storyline, BUT it's way too short to reveal everything. I felt like I didn't get to know the characters. I think they would've been great but you just didn't get enough of them. The book was only five chapters which kind of surprised me I thought I was getting into a real book book. Everything was there everything was complete you know you got your story in there but then it just ended. It felt like to me so much more could've been added
Erin
Jul 30, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, erotica, control
There are two stories in this short book.
The hot and steamy romance between Spencer and Kat.
And the rescue of his colleague daughter who is kidnapped and sold.

The first switch between those two stories got me a bit confused, but after that I find out how it was.
Milady Adler
Oct 07, 2015 Milady Adler rated it it was amazing
A quick read, I enjoyed the story and the pacing. The relationship between the two is fun and I'm looking forward to the next novel.
Blue Falcon
This review is of “First Response” book 1 in Allie K. Adams’ “TREX” series.

The Story: The book begins with the hero of the book, Special Agent Spencer Allen, celebrating his appointment as a TREX team leader. His first assignment; find Tanya Sullivan, the missing daughter of another TREX agent. While Spencer is trying to fulfill that mission, he also meets up with the heroine of the book, Kathryn Louise “Kat” Davis. Right after they meet in a bar-after Spencer’s disastrous blind date-Spencer and
Janna
Feb 05, 2016 Janna rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me and I am pleased with her writing skills and her ability to tell a great story. The TREX Series is private agency, not government, that will do what governments can't do.

Agent Spencer Allen is Field Lead - Team 2. During the OPS we are introduced to many other members of the series that I am sure that each will have their own book at some point. The first assignment for Agency Allen in his new position was to find Tanya Sullivan who is a daughter of a Trex Agent - Ji
Vettech
Jun 06, 2014 Vettech rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense-romance
This short prequel to the first TREX book was a great starter for this exciting series. TREX agent Spencer Allen is more than happy to live out his days as a bachelor and being alone is what he wants. That is until he meets Kat Davis. The sexual chemistry between the two is palpable and they really heat up the pages of this book.

If you like romantic suspense this is the series for you.

I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this amazing suspenseful series by Allie K. Adams. The TREX
Bambi Fogleman
Jul 27, 2014 Bambi Fogleman rated it really liked it
Wonderful

Wonderful

This is a great action packed quick read. I enjoyed Spencer and the Trex team I can't wait to read what happens in the next book. plus the hot sex, competing agencies,and his determination not to be in a relationship.

one blind date might not be the one but you never know when msg right might be sitting a cross the room. Kathryn just sitting there bring her chardonnay what happens when Spencer joins her.

Spencer first mission help track down what's lost.

awesome book just wish
N. Kuhn
Aug 03, 2014 N. Kuhn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot shorter than I wanted. That's not always good thing. I feel like I barely got to know the characters. The plot was highly interesting and I wouldn't mind reading more, I just feel like I'm wasting my time reading a 41 page book. It's nt enough time to get into the characters. I may grab the next book in this series to see how it goes. The writing is sexy and certainly witty.
"Those two had been best friends since they were sperm." I've never heard that and certainly was worth
Doralinda
Jan 02, 2016 Doralinda rated it really liked it
I'm always in the market for interesting romantic suspense, and my favorite plots involve special ops/special forces/private security badass heroes.

This fit the bill perfectly and was a quick novella that introduces us to the world of TREX a private security company. Looking forward to reading the series and more books by this author.

This is how Spencer a newly promoted commanding officer for TREX and Kat the owner of a rival firm. Short story that packs a passionate meeting AND a chance to see
Vandana Rampersad
This is a short read. But it does not take away from how tremendously good it was. This is the first book by Ms. Adams that I read and it has hooked me. I loved Spencer and Kat! Kat thought of this as a one night stand and it ends up being more than that. Once you read it you will want to continue to read about their story since Spencer is not allowed to be with Kat. I cannot wait to find out what happens.
peggy pickard
Aug 12, 2015 peggy pickard rated it really liked it
Kept my eyes wide open word after word.

This book kept my mind focused on the story line. It caught my interest with the first few words. Being disabled and not very mobile I have to find ways for my mind to stay awake and busy. This story did that I felt like I was taking every step with "Kat" . It easily took my mind off the pain I'm usually in giving myself a badly needed break.
Michele bookloverforever
short story. hope she writes the back story about the federal agents involved in the investigation of sex trafficking in local sex clubs....but the main focus is on one specific young woman doped and raped and sold to the highest bidder and rescued....but nothing about the conclusion of the investigation into sex trafficking.
Deb Diem
Jun 13, 2015 Deb Diem rated it really liked it
This is my first Allie K. Adams book. I enjoyed First Response. Kat and Spencer are lovable characters. First Response is full of action, suspense, humor and sizzle. I look forward to reading more from Allie K. Adams in the future. First Response is part of the TREX Adventure series but can be read as a stand alone. This book is not a cliff-hanger.
D Thomas
TREX- A covert non-government group of Finders.

Spencer Allen is a covert agent that believes he can't have a long term relationship and his job.

Kathryn runs K-SAR (Search and Rescue) in the area.

When these two meet there is an immediate connection. But can two people who don't believe in HEA make things work?
Paula Gardner
Jan 04, 2015 Paula Gardner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sister let me read her Kindle copy of this prequel. I liked it a lot. Allie has an interesting sense of humor that comes out in the dialog between her characters. I really enjoy snappy dialog. Reminded me a lot of Jill Shalvis. I liked the whole concept of the series and look forward to reading more of them. I believe I'm hooked.
books4me
Dec 20, 2014 books4me rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Allie's TREX series but I had no idea this book was so freaking short!! Infact, I think it's the shortest novella I've ever read. Despite that, it was a great read and gives readers insight Into Allie's writing and the series.
Sandra
Nov 20, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it
Seems like a good start to a series. We meet a few characters, that I hope we get more details about in future books. There is a good dose of action and we see the beginning of a romance. In all - a good short story to start a series of books. I am looking forward to reading more.
Elizabeth Robbins
Trex... What can I say? Awesome! Book one "First Resonse" was an excellent teaser intro to book 2. Not intended as a full length novel, it gives you a smoking hit sneak peak into the lives of Spencer and Kathryn.
Nancy Luebke
Apr 27, 2015 Nancy Luebke rated it really liked it
This is a short Romantic Suspense. I'd give it a 3.5 -4* rating. Parts of it I enjoyed but It lacked a little muscle in the character development. Although I liked these characters, the relationship started out a little too easy for suposedly intelligent people. It still was a nice story.
I realize that this is a short story and intro to the series, but I thought it ended too abruptly. Would have liked a little more interaction between the main characters, Spencer and Kat. Aside from that it was a great read. I will definitely read the next book in the series.
Shannon Davison
Mar 23, 2015 Shannon Davison rated it liked it
Quick Read

Too quick of a read for me. Story was good, just wished it was longer. Going to read next in the series and see how that goes.
Cc
Mar 10, 2015 Cc rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2015
Kat and Spencer

Short story. OK but not making me feel hurried to start the next two books, which I already have in my Library.
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Jordan's Misunderstanding (Denver Pack, #8)
  • Two for Protection (Alaskan Tigers #7)
  • Finding Our Way
  • What a Wolf Wants (Black Hills Wolves, #2)
  • Obsessions (Alpha City #1)
  • Alpha's Truth (Fallen Alpha, #2)
  • Captured & Seduced (House of the Cat, #1)
  • Dianthe Rising (Dia McLearey, #1)
  • Claimed by the Wolf Kings (Sexy BBW Pagan Holidays, #1)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Credence Curse, #2)
  • Rescued? by the Wolf (Riverford Shifters Book 3)
  • Rane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #2)
  • Fire in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #2)

TREX (7 books)
  • Rescue Me (TREX, #1)
  • At Any Cost (TREX #2; Nassd Counter-Terrorist Agency #1)
  • Seek and Destroy (TREX #4; Nassd Counter-Terrorist Agency #2)
  • Out of Time (TREX #5)
  • Under the Covers (TREX, #6)
  • It Takes Two (TREX Book 8)
  • Girls On Film (TREX Book 10)