Start by marking “The Power to Write: A Writing Workshop in a Book” as Want to Read:
The Power to Write: A Writing Workshop in a Book

The Power to Write: A Writing Workshop in a Book

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A writing workshop in a book! Writing teacher and artist/calligrapher Adams knows the tremendous power of the written word. And she has made it her mission to put into action her belief that everyone can experience and enjoy this power and the fruits of her or his own creativity. Many can write, but few do. Why? Fear stops us, Adams writes. Fear, not knowing how to get sta ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Conari Pr (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Power to Write, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power to Write

Allison
Described as "a writing workshop in a book," this volume can either be a quick read of seven chapters, or drawn out to study each chapter over a week and dedicate time to the exercises included. It's a very basic writing book, with the focus being on inspiring you to get started. There are guidelines for having hooks in your first sentence, using sensory details, and including emotions so your reader is drawn into the story, but it's more of a starting point than a book to help hone your craft.
Luna8891
Would you like to start writing or to improve your writing style?
This book gives valuable advice and Caroline Joy Adams shows the importance and the power our words have.
I read it because I am stuck with a story that I write. Although I found some great tips, I think this book is perfect for someone who is new to the world of writing.
Rhonda Rae Baker
This is a wonderful took to keep one on focus and moving forward. I found there were many new memories floating to the surface that surprised me. I'm confident thatI will continue to work through some of these thoughts...a great reference in my writing library to pull out when my muse is too quiet. TY you Caroline...(-:
Theresa
This is the very first book I read on writing. It gave me the confidence to move forward with a passion I could not tame.
Daniel Hauff-Lazar
Daniel Hauff-Lazar marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Badr
Badr marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Glenalyn
Glenalyn marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Thomas
Thomas is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Tonya
Tonya added it
Jul 14, 2014
Timber
Timber marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kaliki
Kaliki marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Gail Sharp
Gail Sharp is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2014
Jenniffer
Jenniffer marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Tommie
Tommie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Benjamin Chandler
Benjamin Chandler marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Debra Kaitschuck
Debra Kaitschuck marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
A Woman of Wisdom: Honoring & Celebrating Who You Are An Italic Calligraphy Handbook A Woman of Wisdom Companion Journal