Start by marking “Forever Free” as Want to Read:
Forever Free

Forever Free (Story of Elsa #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The moving and dramatic climax to the story of Elsa and her cubs.
Published February 1st 1963 by Harcourt (first published January 1st 1962)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Free

W. R. Watkins
Joella
The last book in this series gets one less star than the rest because I absolutely hated the ending, which in turn made me dislike most of the second half of the book. I will not ruin it for anyone who plans to read it, but I must voice how angry I am. Otherwise, I loved the series. They are exactly my kind of books.
Judy"Intergalactic Bookworm"
Sep 04, 2007 Judy"Intergalactic Bookworm" rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Real Life/Biography/Autobiography readers
I first read this book when I was in high school in the 1970's and fell in love with both the books (sequals are Living Free and Forever Free) and the movie. It is a touching story where sometimes humans have to interfere with nature and the consequences that it may bring.
Martine
As a kid I loved wild animals and frequently watched Mutual Of Omahas Wild Kingdom (life before cable TV or 24/7 TV). It goes without saying that I was very moved by the recent release youtube.com had on Christian the Lion.
Lesley
The true story of Elsa and the adamsom family, heart warming, part 3 now about the cubs and how there hunting skills are and if they can survive the wild.
Noel G
One of the first books I can remember reading that was not aimed at a juvenile audience.
Darla
Nov 05, 2008 Darla marked it as to-read
I would like to get the whole series :)
Jim Swike
Final chapter of Elsa, Great read.
Susan Marie
Susan Marie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Teresa Jo
Teresa Jo marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Silviya Deyanova
Silviya Deyanova marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • My Life with the Chimpanzees
  • That Quail, Robert
  • Fowl Weather
  • The Whispering Land
  • Tales of an African Vet
  • Kanzi: The Ape at the Brink of the Human Mind
  • Ring of Bright Water (Ring of Bright Water, #1)
  • The Elephant's Secret Sense: The Hidden Life of the Wild Herds of Africa
  • The Wilderness Family: At Home with Africa's Wildlife
  • Let Sleeping Vets Lie
  • Altruistic Armadillos, Zenlike Zebras
  • The Parrot Who Owns Me: The Story of a Relationship
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • Soul of a Lion: One Woman's Quest to Rescue Africa's Wildlife Refugees
  • All My Patients Kick and Bite: More Favorite Stories from a Vet's Practice
  • The Eye of the Elephant: An Epic Adventure in the African Wilderness
  • How to Walk a Puma: And Other Things I Learned While Stumbling through South America
  • Zamba: The True Story of the Greatest Lion That Ever Lived
Joy Adamson (20 January 1910 – 3 January 1980) (born Friederike Victoria Gessner) was a naturalist, artist, and author best known for her book, Born Free, which describes her experiences raising a lion cub named Elsa. Born Free was printed in several languages, and made into an Academy Award-winning movie of the same name. In 1977, she was awarded the Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art. ...more
More about Joy Adamson...
Born Free: A Lioness of Two Worlds (Story of Elsa, #1) Living Free: Elsa and Her Cubs (Story of Elsa, #2) The Spotted Sphinx Pippa's Challenge Queen of Shaba: The Story of an African Leopard