Start by marking “Banff Springs: The Story of a Hotel” as Want to Read:
Banff Springs: The Story of a Hotel

Banff Springs: The Story of a Hotel

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published by Summerthought (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Banff Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banff Springs

Jennifer Rayment
The pictures are beautiful and the research is well done, but it is quite frankly a very dull book about a fascinating hotel. But as I did buy it at the Banff Springs Hotel I must keep it for my collection. My hubby worked there for 7 years and his stories are much more fascinating than those included in the book. The pictures are worth the price of the book though so not a complete loss, just expected better. And seriously barely a half a page about the ghosts -- come on : )
I read the 2007 edition of this book, which does not appear to be listed. Lots of interesting info, but a bit verbose in style. Sadly, there was only a page about the hotel ghosts (and not even a complete account--nothing bout the lady on the staircase!), yet a whole chapter about the golf course which oddly enough was the final chapter of the book, with no conclusion following. Still, an interesting little slice of Alberta history.
This is a nice little book about the hotel! It's nice seeing pictures of how the hotel grew over time. It's an easy book to read and I would recommend it to anyone who is going to be in Banff Springs. It gives you perspective. Will write more later.
Orysia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Columbia Icefield, A Solitude Of Ice 50 Walks And Hikes In Banff National Park Canadian Rockies Trail Guide Lake Louise Hiking Guide Byron Harmon: Mountain Photographer