Start by marking “Small Camel Follows the Star” as Want to Read:
Small Camel Follows the Star

Small Camel Follows the Star

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Wise Balthazar is going on an important journey; he is following a brilliant star and looking for a baby king! Small Camel and his mother are going, too, and Small Camel is carrying a special bundle tied to his hump. What is in the bundle?

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 11/1/2007 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Published January 1st 2007 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about Small Camel Follows the Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Camel Follows the Star

Ruth
Great story that actually has the Wise Men showing up when Jesus is a child, rather than as a baby. Beautiful illustrations. Resonates with little children who feel they are too small to make a difference.

And it stars a camel! I love Christmas camels!
Derek Cooke
This book was originally titled Small Camel Follows the Star. I was only able to find the picture of the old book title. The story begins with small camel talking with mama camel in Balthazar’s corral. Mama tells small camel all about their owner Balthazar, about how wise and wealthy he is, and how much he travels. One evening a bright star appeared in the sky and Balthazar gathered up all of his servants. He tells them that they need to make preparations for a very long journey. Mama Camel has ...more
Jim
nice enough retelling, enjoyed the art. one illo though...Small Camel is smiling at baby Jesus w/his mouth wide open and showing lots of teeth. he isn't a tame camel you know.

the copy i read is a pb published by scholastic titled "Follow The Star"
Amanda
I liked this one a lot and I think it resonates with young readers because of their complex about being too small to make any difference. Small camel carries Balthazar's gift to Jesus while his mother is carrying Balthazar. He's never made a journey like this and he's not sure why or what he's carrying, which leaves some intrigue for those children who aren't as familiar (or just can't remember) with the nativity story. The best part, I think, was that it follows the biblical account accurately ...more
Elaine
Sweet little book. We talked about how sometimes when we are young we don't understand why we follow Jesus, but we know it is right and we are blessed with peace as we do.
Teri
Good story that places the wisemen visiting jesus as a small child--nice that it's accurate according to the biblical account. The title now is Follow the Star, not Small Camel Follows the Star.
Sharon
I added some Christmas stories to the library this year. This one is the story of the wise men from the point of view of a small camel. Our verrsion is called "Follow the Star."
Tommy
I added some Christmas stories to the library this year. This one is the story of the wise men from the point of view of a small camel. Our version is called "Follow the Star."
Danny
Cindy
Sweet and not overdone
Lily s
Dec 12, 2012 Lily s marked it as to-read
it is very good
Andréa
Andréa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015