Start by marking “Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life” as Want to Read:
Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life

Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Physically demanding sports such as tennis and basketball have a lot in common with skills such as playing the piano. In addition to physical training, mastering these activities requires developing mental and emotional talents as well. Drawing on his own experiences, Dan Millman, in this revised and updated edition of The Inner Athlete, offers a regimen to integrate physi ...more
Published March 25th 1999 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Body Mind Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Mind Mastery

Collin
Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life was an amazing book. It gave me insight on what it takes to be an accomplished athlete. From the physical challenges and preparations to what it takes mentally and emotionally. Dan Millman is an x athlete that knows what it takes to be great at something. He tells us about his experiences and how we can relate to them. This book gives excellent detail on how you have to train your body and mind in order to become successful in sport life.

This
John Boettcher
One of the better sports psychology books I have read. This guy comes from a completely different perspective altogether. His methods and techniques are both down to earth and applicable.

Sometimes the answers seem so simple they are intuitive, but yet, reading them and all the information he puts together in one place makes the entire process of succeeding in sports and then how that success translates directly to your life outside of sports is fantastic.

There is a part in the book that goes a
Karen Schneekluth
This book was required reading by my coach. Initially I was resistant to reading it but I am soooo glad I did. Good read for athletes and the principles can be applied to every day life as well. As it turns out, Coach was right (again).
Waseem
I listened to the audi version of thos book and actually found it really fun and a good read, a great reminder of how success in linked between the mind and body, the author really digs deep into the theory and something ive been noticing in my own life recently - although its says 'success in sport' the truth is this can be applied to anything from financial goals, business goals and more

Waseem Mirza
Peter

Train for life.
A master isPracticing everything.

BODY MIND MASTERY

Part 1 understand the larger game.

Principle 1 -> Non resistance

Principle 2 accommodation

Principle 3 Balance . The goldie locks principle.

Principle 4 natural order
Allt tar sin tid
Avel
If you are at all interested in gaining that mental edge, whether in sports or daily life this book is for you! "Millman's work combines the best of the human potential movement with the practical tools needed to reach that goal. This work is as much about mastering life as it is about the game itself.
Angela Alfonso
Anca Petre
One of the greatest books I have ever read. Powerful insights about body mind masters and flow of life. Definitely a great gift for someone interested in sports, meditation and life.
Cherie
C+ Eh. I wasn't AS into this…some good info on how to be a warrior athlete, but some stuff geared towards kids, towards exercises I won't do…and at times, a little tedious.
Dawne
Much more clearly written than The Way of the Peaceful Warrior. Very good advice on getting your body and mind to work together to achieve your goals.
Joanie
Aug 20, 2008 Joanie added it
A friend gave this to me after I described my typical nervousness prior to competitive sporting events. Has some interesting principles so far.
Emily Lueck
What a wonderful look at the approach to practice. I know that if I apply this to my dancing I will create more organic movement.
Terry Manucci
I will refer to this book over and over again for inspiration and practical motivation. Dan Millman, always keeping it real!
Mark Yoshida
Has some practical tips on being the best physical you that you can be, although I haven't tried them yet.
Amanda
Lots of great stuff in this book, I found it very interesting, helpful..
Rachael
Lots of great quotes in this book. Really amps you up to do your best everyday!
Eric Chung
this book just may change my life.
Sydney
Jan 07, 2012 Sydney added it
Read for research.
Victoria Klein
Victoria Klein marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Cipher
Cipher added it
Dec 08, 2014
Trix Van tonder
Trix Van tonder marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Simona Lazeu
Simona Lazeu marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Melissa Gonzales
Melissa Gonzales marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • The Pursuit of Perfect: How to Stop Chasing Perfection and Start Living a Richer, Happier Life
  • Positive Addiction
  • Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World
  • Constructive Living
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • In Pursuit of Excellence: How to Win in Sport and Life Through Mental Training
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • Ecstasy: Understanding the Psychology of Joy
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want. James Arthur Ray with Linda Sivertsen
  • The Science of Being Great
  • Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become
  • The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius(tm)
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
  • The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace
  • Pathways to Bliss: Mythology and Personal Transformation
Dan Millman is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.

After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan's teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior's Way, expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.

--from the author's website
More about Dan Millman...
Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior The Journeys of Socrates (Peaceful Warrior Saga) The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior's Guide to Daily Life